One dimension | Vital Football

One dimension

Up the tics!

Vital Newbie
After a bright start tonight and facing a poor boro side why do we concede another header far to easy ...Marshall doesn't command his 6 yard area and our defenders yet again forget what they should be doing....worse still we keep the tempo the same keep trying the same old same but slower than before...launch the ball forward with no idea or pass sideways ....even the ref was on our side tonight .....poor performance very narrow and not a clue what to do with it ....Mr Cook has 10 games if things dont improve I feel hes sadly on his way ....hope we do better at QPR...

After a bright start tonight and facing a poor boro side why do we concede another header far to easy ...Marshall doesn't command his 6 yard area and our defenders yet again forget what they should be doing....worse still we keep the tempo the same keep trying the same old same but slower than before...launch the ball forward with no idea or pass sideways ....even the ref was on our side tonight .....poor performance very narrow and not a clue what to do with it ....Mr Cook has 10 games if things dont improve I feel hes sadly on his way ....hope we do better at QPR...

Ten games !!!!! You must be joking

Nothing sadly about it - he's not up to this league - tonight a rookie struggling manager got the better of him - after spending 9m this is just not good enough. He's not learning any lessons

Nothing sadly about it - he's not up to this league - tonight a rookie struggling manager got the better of him - after spending 9m this is just not good enough. He's not learning any lessons
One minute hes a great guy kept us up beat Cardiff then bang things have gone badly we are as good as our last game this is how people judge let's hope for a better result at QPR....?

And on the subject of hoof balls, although Moore got on the end of most of the said hoofs he did nowt with 2 or 3 tasty bent crosses into the box. Muscled out by Shotten on these. Moore appears more adept with a ball dropping from an aeroplane.

And on the subject of hoof balls, although Moore got on the end of most of the said hoofs he did nowt with 2 or 3 tasty bent crosses into the box. Muscled out by Shotten on these. Moore appears more adept with a ball dropping from an aeroplane.

Thats a bit harsh

One minute hes a great guy kept us up beat Cardiff then bang things have gone badly we are as good as our last game this is how people judge let's hope for a better result at QPR....?
Fair point however I have for almost a year consistently suggested he's not up to delivering anything but relegation battles in this league.

I've been really disappointed with Moore, the more i've seen of him. He is a big physical presence that occupies centre halfs but he doesn't seem to know how to play football.

No doubt he works hard and battles but he is outmuscled and beaten in the air more than you'd imagine for a guy of his height and build.

While i accept he has very little support and he can't be blamed for that he very rarely directs a header in the direction of the closest team mate - if the closest team mate is running beyond him he knocks it back, if the closest team mate is in front of him he flicks it on etc. He seems to have no direction on the ball he wins and just guesses.

Often when he brings the ball down his lay offs go to the opposition.

He never attacks a cross or gets in front of his marker, every dangerous cross that goes in the box he's never in a position to score from it. His anticipation and off the ball movement is diabolical. He has zero stikers instinct - compare him to Clarke last season when the ball got into wide areas and how he positioned himself in the box and it's night and day - and Leon was no world beater.

When he has a one on one or the ball at his feet he falls over trying to dribble or dithers and allows defenders to shut him down despite having a massive amount of time and space on his side when recieving the ball.

I was quite excited when we got him - we've needed a physical presence for years and i accepted he might not be a sexy footballer get 1 in 2, but i thought he'd at least be able to play a bit and chip in maybe 1 goal in 4 or so. But i've been really shocked at his lack of ability he's a bit like a pro wrestler playing football for me from what we've seen so far. A bit of a lower quality version of Fortune unfortunately.

I was happy with our signings to be fair .. people were shouting promotion now but they have not lived up to expectation i`m afraid .
Scoring goals is our achelies heel and that just cannot be in the championship ..
Not sure what any manger would do about inability to stick the ball in the net .
When your options are Moore or Garner with 1 goal (pen ) between them .. enough said

I was happy with our signings to be fair .. people were shouting promotion now but they have not lived up to expectation i`m afraid .
Scoring goals is our achelies heel and that just cannot be in the championship ..
Not sure what any manger would do about inability to stick the ball in the net .
When your options are Moore or Garner with 1 goal (pen ) between them .. enough said

Garner as a better track record at this level I believe but not had the games to show what he can do

I don't think anyone was thinking we'd go up!

Sorry,nobody can be as bad as to be a lower quality version of Fortune. I will agree with your other points though,how he has scored even in a lower standard is beyond me,they must have just hit him and gone in.

To be fair Fortune was quite good at everything except scoring - which obviously was a big issue for a striker. He was quick, very strong, superb at holding a ball, hard working, very good at bringing team mates into the game - I would say he's better than Kieffer in most departments.

I would've fancied Fortune to at least get his shot saved by keeper in the 3 one on ones Moore that Moore didn't even get a shot off.

To be fair to Fortune he was always up front on his own if we had him in a pair he would've been a good foil doing the graft and battling for a goal scorer. Should've played him and Waghorn in a pair to bring best out of both.

To be fair Fortune was quite good at everything except scoring - which obviously was a big issue for a striker. He was quick, very strong, superb at holding a ball, hard working, very good at bringing team mates into the game - I would say he's better than Kieffer in most departments.

I would've fancied Fortune to at least get his shot saved by keeper in the 3 one on ones Moore that Moore didn't even get a shot off.

To be fair to Fortune he was always up front on his own if we had him in a pair he would've been a good foil doing the graft and battling for a goal scorer. Should've played him and Waghorn in a pair to bring best out of both.
Think sometimes Fortune gets some unfair stick because of the way his Latics career petered out. I seem to recall him doing a half decent job the first season we had him. Let’s not forget we did get to an FA Cup semi and reached the play-offs as well as playing in Europe. That was an exciting season despite us tailing off at the end