One Born Every Minute | Vital Football

One Born Every Minute

tooninkent

Vital Squad Member
Why do they have this shit on the tv? The wife loves it, needless to say I hate it. Being there at the birth of my own two was enough thanks. Very much of the opinion father should be at the pub while they are giving birth!

My obstetrics rotation was more than enough for me, between screaming woman and blubbering men it was just all too much. It was funny that the blokes who looked like right hardcases were usually the ones who cried the most.

Fair play, Bruce, it is a bit emotional when you think you have brought the next Jackie Milburn, Alan Shearer, Peter B or Shola into the world. Shola? What was she doing?

I have a mate who was in tears at the scans and then again at the birth of his two. I must be stone hearted, it didn't move me to tears at all. I just wanted to go home, having been at the pissing hospital for nearly two days with both of their births.

Was different for me. Wor lass went through 4 cesareans. Yes, i said FOUR.

Ive seen parts of her that she hasn't. Nee tears but it's shit scary when the machines are rigged up and beeping like mad all the time.

I can imagine TNMW, bad enough when one of the kids is in hospital all wired up to machines, with suspected meningitis, never mind if it's the mother as well as the bairn!

tooninkent - 17/3/2014 22:42

I can imagine TNMW, bad enough when one of the kids is in hospital all wired up to machines, with suspected meningitis, never mind if it's the mother as well as the bairn!

Had the youngest in special care for a fortnight as well when she was born after she swallowed the fluid on being delivered out the belly.

Puts loads of stuff in context when you see other parents at their cot or plastic box, some watching their kid slip away in front of them.

It's a massive rollercoaster of emotion in there.