AV40 - 40th anniversary tribute | Page 3 | Vital Football

AV40 - 40th anniversary tribute

Mine ordered and paid for. Can't wait to see it. Had to pay over the phone in the end as the site was playing up. Had a great chat with Jim over the phone.
There will be some great memories in reading the book but it will also be tinged with sadness. My mom died suddenly at the age of 52 in September 1980 and she left behind a devastated husband and two heart broken sons. All three of us were Villa season ticket holders and looking forward to Saturday's and the great football that Villa played that season helped to take our minds off our sadness.
Mom was a staunch Blues fan having worked in Small Heath in the early 50's and got to know many of their players who used the same coffee shop at lunch times. Even though she was of 'the other persuasion', Mom would have been delighted that Villa became Champions in 81.
Sadly, my Dad and brother have both joined the Holte Enders in the Sky and will not able to enjoy the book and reminisce in the way that I can, but they will be looking over my shoulder in spirit and cheering along.
VTID
Yeah same as me mate really can't make my mind up whether to get it although it was absolutely fantastic days to be a Villan I also had a hard time back then plus I have lost so many from them days.
ps that must have been an horrendous time for you three.

Oh that's a point, think I forgot to link in here didn't I!? I've become an amateur!

I've ordered mine and had the email confirmation but some time has gone by with no notification of despatch. Anyone else had the same?

I've ordered mine and had the email confirmation but some time has gone by with no notification of despatch. Anyone else had the same?
I ordered the hard back and soft copies and they arrived within a couple of days so they are not scammers - as JF says, give Jim Cadman a ring and he will sort it out. He comes across as a decent bloke.

Such a shame for them, they had planned to do some events this year, including at Villa Park, but covid has ruined all the plans.