On this day...... | Vital Football

On this day......

Smith's against stoke was a thing of beauty but I prefer Cody's against Bristol rovers just because he refused to give up unlike the second rovers defender who just jogged back making no effort at all (muscle injury is only defence I have for him)

Paul Smith's just look at the Stoke keeper after Smith scored. He looks back down the pitch with a 'How the f...k was I s'posed to stop that?' expression on his face!

I was convinced after that game that we’d stay up. Holding on for about 15 minutes with Bossu in goal after Banks was injured was one of the most nerve-wracking matches in memory for me.

There are a lot of similarities between Stan’s team and our current lot I think - don’t lose many, but don’t win enough.

Always hoped Stan would keep us up that season. Be with hindsight, I think Ternent was bit of a false messiah (and Jepson was certainly never the son of god).

Always hoped Stan would keep us up that season. Be with hindsight, I think Ternent was bit of a false messiah (and Jepson was certainly never the son of god).

Stan the ‘I love myself, not my fault’ man. What a c he turned out to be.

In the last game it was crying out for Hess to come on, but no, that would mean Hess could be the hero and not him.

When at the end the players were in tears laid out in front of the silent mass of fans, who fronted up - Hess and PS. where was that c?

On this day, 75 years ago, British soldiers liberated Bergen-Belsen concentration camp and saw, first hand, what human beings are capable of doing to other human beings. It`s fair to assume that many, among the surviving soldiers still shed many tears over what they saw in that dreadful manifestation of a hell hole.

Much as we want togetherness, harmony and peace, we should never forget how brutal humans can be to one another........

Stan the ‘I love myself, not my fault’ man. What a c he turned out to be.

In the last game it was crying out for Hess to come on, but no, that would mean Hess could be the hero and not him.

When at the end the players were in tears laid out in front of the silent mass of fans, who fronted up - Hess and PS. where was that c?
Stan failed at the last hurdle. Thought he done well to give us any chance of staying up that season. 32 points of our total of 50 was under his guidance and 7 of our 12 victories.