On this day | Page 7 | Vital Football

On this day

Apparently it's 13 years ago since the late gr8 DEREK DOOLEY passed away.I remember him singing New York after the Palace game at BDBL when we went up to the Prem.RIP DD.UTMPB
Remember it well Rod. RIP Derek.

Bit worried his statue might be pulled down if he is mistaken for a pillaging pirate by any of the 'woke' brigade:eek::eek:

Last yr we entered national lockdown for the first time I had to carry on working and it was really surreal travelling about with hardly anyone on the streets
dont think anyone expected we would still be in lockdown 1 yr on although it has to be said it’s nothing like the first one in fact I wouldn’t notice if it wasn’t for all the non essential shops pubs and restaurants being shut,and again that now feels normal, I don’t think we will ever get back our old normal ever again

Last yr we entered national lockdown for the first time I had to carry on working and it was really surreal travelling about with hardly anyone on the streets
dont think anyone expected we would still be in lockdown 1 yr on although it has to be said it’s nothing like the first one in fact I wouldn’t notice if it wasn’t for all the non essential shops pubs and restaurants being shut,and again that now feels normal, I don’t think we will ever get back our old normal ever again

Does that mean the Pigs will never be massive again? :cry:

Different. Its just different. It wont take long till we are all doing everything again. The UK is in the last 10 or 12 weeks until the masks are gone and the pubs are fully
open. In the EU, they wont be done till Christmas. What a mess the EU has made of it. ...

Different. Its just different. It wont take long till we are all doing everything again. The UK is in the last 10 or 12 weeks until the masks are gone and the pubs are fully
open. In the EU, they wont be done till Christmas. What a mess the EU has made of it. ...
I wouldn't be so sure things will be back to "normal" by the summer Pops,although i do obviously hope you're r8.UTB

I wouldn't be so sure things will be back to "normal" by the summer Pops,although i do obviously hope you're r8.UTB

Unless there is some super new variant that the vaccines don't cater for, I expect Boris's timetable to be kept. By the end of this week we'll be at 31m first jabs and 3m second jabs, which is two weeks ahead of schedule. Hospitalisations are at their lowest level since September. Its all working as we hoped it would.

Of course, people will want to go abroad for their holidays, although why you'd want to go and spend a fortnight in Covid riddled Spain or Greece, I really don't know. They will get tested, maybe quarantined on arrival, and the same when they get back, but its the 'be-all' and 'end-all' for some. Me and Mrs FKB have got our overseas trip this year planned. It will be to the Isle of Wight.

Unless there is some super new variant that the vaccines don't cater for, I expect Boris's timetable to be kept. By the end of this week we'll be at 31m first jabs and 3m second jabs, which is two weeks ahead of schedule. Hospitalisations are at their lowest level since September. Its all working as we hoped it would.

Of course, people will want to go abroad for their holidays, although why you'd want to go and spend a fortnight in Covid riddled Spain or Greece, I really don't know. They will get tested, maybe quarantined on arrival, and the same when they get back, but its the 'be-all' and 'end-all' for some. Me and Mrs FKB have got our overseas trip this year planned. It will be to the Isle of Wight.
I hope you're r8 as i said in my previous post but i refuse to believe it until i'm going to BDBL and having a few bevvies in the Railway pre game.I'm sure i heard somewhere from yet another virus expert that we could still have face coverings and other restrictions for a few more years yet.:eek: UTB

I'm done with experts Rod. You can find one that claims anything you can think of. If the vaccine works, and it does, and hospitalisations go down to nowt much, then thats it. No one will want to know about face-masks

[QUOTE="FatherKnowsBest,
Of course, people will want to go abroad for their holidays, although why you'd want to go and spend a fortnight in Covid riddled Spain or Greece, I really don't know. .[/QUOTE]

No new cases in the last 3 weeks in our bit of Spain FKB. Hardly "riddled with it"

[QUOTE="FatherKnowsBest,
Of course, people will want to go abroad for their holidays, although why you'd want to go and spend a fortnight in Covid riddled Spain or Greece, I really don't know. .

No new cases in the last 3 weeks in our bit of Spain FKB. Hardly "riddled with it"[/QUOTE]
What's the situation for those wanting to travel to Spain Biri,when/if we are allowed to?
Are there restrictions in place from the Spanish government for us missing a bit of sun?