On this day | Page 3 | Vital Football

On this day

That premiership promotion under NW, went to every home game, mi mum bless her bought me a season ticket in advance for as a birthday present when we had one promotion, i know she would have been smiling at me listening to the radio and doing the chattyroom on matchdays and nights over the last 4 years, if still around.
Although i wouldn't have been able to go to any of the games since CWAK took over, i know she would have kept asking for the result and probably secretly tuning in to rad sheff for the commentary whilst pretending to listen to radio 2 or classic fm whist the game was on.
Happy memories tinged with a touch of sadness,
She would have loved now...not the covid 19 though...obviously, in some ways i am glad she has missed these horrible times.

That premiership promotion under NW, went to every home game, mi mum bless her bought me a season ticket in advance for as a birthday present when we had one promotion, i know she would have been smiling at me listening to the radio and doing the chattyroom on matchdays and nights over the last 4 years, if still around.
Although i wouldn't have been able to go to any of the games since CWAK took over, i know she would have kept asking for the result and probably secretly tuning in to rad sheff for the commentary whilst pretending to listen to radio 2 or classic fm whist the game was on.
Happy memories tinged with a touch of sadness,
She would have loved now...not the covid 19 though...obviously, in some ways i am glad she has missed these horrible times.
Funny how the family watch from afar whilst caring so much.

Went to Arsenal away , the 1-1 draw with a late Andy Gray penalty to get the draw. Danny Cullip had scored a 1st half goal what looked like, from the away end. a perfectly valid goal so, at half time I called my parents and my mother answered and I asked if it should have been given ( it was live on BBC) " we don't watch live 'cos they never win when we do but your dad's not feeling so well anyway" Oh Ok, speak soon.

Called the next day on the way home on the train and no reply which was very unusual as neither of them drove and my brother, who I had spoken to an the Sat night -in Bulgaria skiing- was away, so they had not been taken out for Sunday lunch.

Eventually got in touch and my dad had been rushed to hospital with a heart attack-he was, so we thought, fit as a fiddle,never carried an ounce of fat and never had any serious illness or symptoms of, so more than worrying. He was recovering well when we visited but, before the replay was played he had passed away.

I was convinced we would win the replay as he looked down on his beloved Blades but, alas, it was not to be.

:finger::LOL: How the fork was i or anyone to know you'd put it on here ya plank.ALEX is worth his own thread,possibly the 2nd most gifted player i've seen in my time as a BLADE,i'm sure i don't need to tell you even a thicko like thee who's the Best do i. UTMPB
🤔

:finger::LOL: How the fork was i or anyone to know you'd put it on here ya plank.ALEX is worth his own thread,possibly the 2nd most gifted player i've seen in my time as a BLADE,i'm sure i don't need to tell you even a thicko like thee who's the Best do i. UTMPB
We’re back to the reading posts thing again aren’t we its not like there’s a plethora of posts to wade through before commenting is it