On This Day In 2013... | Vital Football

On This Day In 2013...

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
And Stockport look like they may only just be getting back into the National League. That could so easily have been us :shake:

The first two seasons were probably the worst time watching the imps. Regular crowds of less than 2000 even on Saturdays, it was awful.
So very different now.

And Stockport look like they may only just be getting back into the National League. That could so easily have been us :shake:

Funnily enough of all the former league teams currently in non-league, Stockport are the ones I can see really 'doing a Lincoln'. They have kept, if not increased, their core support and I think (hope) they are on the way back.

Funnily enough of all the former league teams currently in non-league, Stockport are the ones I can see really 'doing a Lincoln'. They have kept, if not increased, their core support and I think (hope) they are on the way back.

WhilstI agree that it would be good to see them retain their league status their level of support hasn't been without problems, and there have been quite a few games where there's been "incidents" involving their supporters.

WhilstI agree that it would be good to see them retain their league status their level of support hasn't been without problems, and there have been quite a few games where there's been "incidents" involving their supporters.

I always remember them having a hardcore element (Tranmere too).

Like Tranmere it wasn't that long ago there were both in the championship.
As we all know things can change very quickly.

Like Tranmere it wasn't that long ago there were both in the championship.
As we all know things can change very quickly.

Yep. Usually because of poor stewardship off the field. There will always be ups and downs in football, the key is to exploit the ups and very carefully manage the downs.