On This Day In 2010 - Davide Somma Debut | Vital Football

On This Day In 2010 - Davide Somma Debut

Great loan signing for us, scored some "worldies". One to remember and that's saying something with my memory.

One of the best finishers I have seen at the Bank in my 55 years of watching The Imps, his goals kept us up that season, I remember him getting winning goals against both Bournemouth and Bury near the end of the season, such a shame about his injuries as could have scored goals much higher up the leagues.

Would be so good in a Appleton type team playing on the deck, thought he had the knack of not doing loads (wasn't going to win headers from moonballs played up to him) then pinging a volley or finish out of nowhere.

Think he would have done well at Championship level if he could have stayed fit. Looked alright in the bit he had for Leeds.

There was a good Leedspodcast with him on, I think it got shared on here? He actually talked very highly about Sutton in terms of helping him understand how to play as a 9, body positions and stuff he just hadn't been taught. Thought that was interesting. Was a thing at the time about CS being able to 'work' with more able players if I recall correctly.