On this day 4 years ago | Vital Football

On this day 4 years ago

Croozey

Vital 1st Team Regular
A look back to the first game of the season in the 2015/16 season. Lincoln City verses Cheltenham Town in the National league. Chris Moyses the manager. This was the season before Danny Cowley became the manager.

I was an early bird, I'd get there with my dad about 20 minutes before kick off as we liked to try out a few different seats to ensure we had a decent view. I know I have a pillar in the way, but at least I could see both goals.

Incredibly I took these photo's at 2.42pm. The attendance that day was 2,767. The score was 1-1. Liam Hearn equalised for Lincoln in the second half.

Linc v Chelt town 8th Aug 2015.jpglincoln v chelt town 8th aug 2015.jpg

A look back to the first game of the season in the 2015/16 season. Lincoln City verses Cheltenham Town in the National league. Chris Moyses the manager. This was the season before Danny Cowley became the manager.
I was an early bird, I'd get there with my dad about 20 minutes before kick off as we liked to try out a few different seats to ensure we had a decent view. I know I have a pillar in the way, but at least I could see both goals.
Incredibly I took these photo's at 2.42pm. The attendance that day was 2,767. The score was 1-1. Liam Hearn equalised for Lincoln in the second half.

View attachment 34416View attachment 34417

I really really hope we don't go back to those days! I think we have been totally spoilt now and siting in a mostly empty CO-OP stand would feel even more depressing having experienced the last 3 years!

Poor showing in the Co-op and Stacey West. Most of those in the ground early were probably members of Chris's family.

Although not needed, the segregation in the Stacey West was much more efficient back in 2004.

Christ. It's easy to forget what it used to be like when it's rammed every week now! We used to go wherever in Upper Co-op to find decent seats. Pretty different now (but much better)!