On The Ball Podcast | Vital Football

On The Ball Podcast

Tuckster

Alert Team
Staff member
Hi all, The Athletic have DM’d me and asked me if the site would be prepared to carry their On The Ball podcast, presented by Michael Bailey.
I figured it might be a good idea and it gives us access to lots of big name guests, players, ex-players, club staff etc.
Anyway, the first one for us features an interview with Dean Ashton. What a player he could’ve been...

https://norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/the-on-the-ball-podcast-dean-ashton/

Cheers tucks. Great the website is getting this stuff. Ashton was signed too late and could have been a top top striker

Usual cock up by the board. Signing him 5 months too late.
It cost them millions more as a result of failing to sign him in time.

I seem to recall being at Upton Park and losing 1 0 in third round of fa cup when hammers were in league below us, on day he was signed ?

I seem to recall being at Upton Park and losing 1 0 in third round of fa cup when hammers were in league below us, on day he was signed ?
I remember him missing the cup tie with West Ham because he was “injured”. Later scored in the Cup Final for them.

There is a repeat of third round cup games here.

In 2005 when Ashton signed we lost at west ham 1 0 and we were
in division above them.

We were relegated and west ham promoted and in 2006 lost 2 1 at home to
west ham at same stage of cup. This is when he was ' rested '

After posting that yesterday evening I was stuck on information from a survey so quickly walked to site near me to take some more dimensions and swore I saw Dean Ashton in a queue for Chinese takeaway.

We all knew he w

as leaving but we were giving a lie about him being not well/injured and couldn't play.

No it was as arriving as in previous post.
He was leaving when we played at home in third round of fa cup at home
to hammers the season after when we had reversed leagues with them.

Ah I was talking about when he left us for West Ham. Worthy said before an FA Cup tie that Ashton wasn't playing as he was unfit/not well but we all knew he was leaving and the cup didn't want to cup tie him.

Second edition here has two podcasts for the price of one!

David Fox talks about his time at Norwich, Man Utd and Colchester as well as lots about Paul Lambert.
There’s also a bonus pod with Simeon Jackson who speaks very fondly of his time at Carrow Road, as well as more about Lambert.

These two evoked some fond memories, taking me away from the horrible times that we’re currently experiencing back to better days...

https://norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/on-the-ball-podcast-david-fox-with-bonus-simeon-jackson/

🔰🔰🔰