Ominous | Vital Football

Ominous

McPoolie19

Vital Youth Team
"The Pools boss told BBC Radio Tees Sport following Saturday’s 1-0 win: “It’s easy to put things in programmes and things like that. I noticed [Singh] used the word fair but fair is very subjective, fair to one person may be derisory to another.
"If fair is significantly lower than the average wage of a League Two manager then it is fair?"

Does not strike me as a good thing to publicly criticize the club's owner. I honestly cant see how this is going to end well.

Normally neither side talks details until it's all sorted out one way or the other. It doesn't sound good but Raj is definitely not prepared to pay anybody more than he thinks he can afford, fair or not, and I think he's right.

Even leaving aside fairness (which one shouldn't do imo), if the manager leaves for a better wage elsewhere, things are very likely to go pear-shaped. It would be an enormous gamble, given that Dave Challinor was so key to what we achieved last season.

You get what you pay for. Raj Singh might think he can save money by recruiting a less expensive manager, but is a less expensive manager likely to perform as needed for the benefit of the Club?

After the dust settles will Raj pay Dave C what he wants or will he walk as soon as his current contract expires at the end of the season? Alternatively, if Raj doesn't pay up, and there is tension, the contract could be terminated by mutual consent? In summary, either Raj pays or we lose Dave C sooner or later.

We will loose Dave C sooner or later whatever happens with his contract. That's the way it goes in the lower leagues. Hopefully he'll do well HUFC will get into the upper reaches of L2 and DC will be poached by a "bigger" club. Or we'll struggle and he'll be sacked. He won't walk away unless he has a better offer and that didn't happen at Tranmere, Morcambe (?) or Wrexham. He's got a contract until next summer so I think he'll be here for a little while anyway.

No idea what constitutes a "fair" wage for a League 2 manager, neither do I care!

What does concern me is that Raj and DC have seen fit to carry out negotiations in the public gaze, making comments in the Match programme or via comments to the media, this isn't (IMHO) very professional nor conducive to the likelihood of reaching a mutually acceptable outcome.
I'd assume that once one of the North West teams sack their manager then DC will move on and Pools will receive some, paltry, compensation in respect of the remainder of his current contract. Sad!

As usual OP, I find myself agreeing 100%. I am hoping Sweeney will have learned a great deal from DC and will be able to carry on the good work whenever it becomes necessary. The systems and methods DC has put in place that have brought so much success at the club need to be carried on even after his departure (hoping it wont be any time soon).