Olympic Games | Page 3 | Vital Football

Olympic Games

I see Ellen White has been up to her usual goalscoring exploits, netting both in GB women's football team win over Chile.

Just seeing Linford Christie talk about it, can't believe I didn't suggest fishing for the Olympics.
Must be millions who do it. So why not hsve them at the Olympics too?
I don't know quite how competitions are decided but presume it's how many are caught in a given time. And guess there's little fish catching, big fish, carps, sea fishing...but however the experts do judge things, at least give them a go.

Just seeing Linford Christie talk about it, can't believe I didn't suggest fishing for the Olympics.
Must be millions who do it. So why not hsve them at the Olympics too?
I don't know quite how competitions are decided but presume it's how many are caught in a given time. And guess there's little fish catching, big fish, carps, sea fishing...but however the experts do judge things, at least give them a go.
Don't even have to cook them in Japan either. Big miss by the IOC.

Usual slow start for Team GB. 1st round exit in Tennis, 12th in Shooting, Men’s Rowing 8 not qualified, two GT winners falling early in road race.

If you’re interested in lesser known sports or ones with no GB interest then looks like Eurosport or Discovery+ if you have them are what you’ll need. I hadn’t realised BBC have reduced rights so can only show max 2 events at the same time.

Another goal by the superb Ellen White, a glancing header from a Lucy Bronze cross, sees GB women through to the next round after consecutive victories. Canada on Tuesday, to win the Group in style. 🇬🇧💙
955E5298-61E0-45F1-A153-BA73A204418F.jpeg

Have to say that I've flipped this on just before beddy-byes and the skateboarding is on and despite initial misgivings it's a better choice for the Olympics than many of the other more traditional sports (meaning Golf, Basketball and yes football). Lots of individual skill on show

BBC coverage restricted by Discovery Channel (Eurosport) knobbling the contract for European coverage. But watching triathlon tonight and allowing for host coverage foul ups, its still shambolic. Interviewing the Irish 40-somethingth finisher during the medal ceremony? Having pressed the wrong button to show the start of the interview 5 mins earlier? Dreadful.

And the work experience presenter, JJ Chalmers, makes it even worse though his tech support has clearly buggered off for the night.

BBC coverage restricted by Discovery Channel (Eurosport) knobbling the contract for European coverage. But watching triathlon tonight and allowing for host coverage foul ups, its still shambolic. Interviewing the Irish 40-somethingth finisher during the medal ceremony? Having pressed the wrong button to show the start of the interview 5 mins earlier? Dreadful.

And the work experience presenter, JJ Chalmers, makes it even worse though his tech support has clearly buggered off for the night.

Oh i saw that cut to interview some Irish giy mid medal ceremony. Plain rude apart from anything else.

Coverage has been very inferior compared to usual.
And take tennis for example. Andy Murray got shown as a news item over and over again when he & his partner won their first round doubles match.
Brother Jamie (a multi multi grand slam doubles champion) also won in first round yet no mention at all during that day.

Well I’ve cheered up today with a positive torrent of medals. Managed to watch the Taekwando Gold medal fight whilst on Teams meeting without anyone apparently noticing which has set a marker for the rest of my week. Having seen us get two Silvers in Taekwando it’s pretty narrow margins between winning & losing.