Ollie Burke | Vital Football

Ollie Burke

Mahatmafoot

Vital Squad Member
'Wow... what a talent' - Sky pundit compares Sheffield Utd player to Gareth Bale.

Didn't realise he was only 23.

'Wow... what a talent' - Sky pundit compares Sheffield Utd player to Gareth Bale.

Didn't realise he was only 23.
It was probably that that tempted Chris to take a chance on him if he acquires some composure and starts to make the right decisions in the right areas which is more than possible looking at his age he is goin to be worth a hell of a lot more than we paid for him as he has something you can’t teach and that’s blistering pace

Until he gets a sight of goal he seems to have everything. It isn’t just his pace, he’s strong, gets his head up and is a good passer of the ball. If he could just start scoring the odd PL goal I’m sure the confidence it gave him would make him a formidable player for us even at this level, the same goes for Brewster. They just need that kick start of confidence that only scoring goals can give a striker.

Until he gets a sight of goal he seems to have everything. It isn’t just his pace, he’s strong, gets his head up and is a good passer of the ball. If he could just start scoring the odd PL goal I’m sure the confidence it gave him would make him a formidable player for us even at this level, the same goes for Brewster. They just need that kick start of confidence that only scoring goals can give a striker.
Burkey certainly puts defenders under pressure when he's charging about all over the pitch but i kept thinking especially in the first half last night if Callum Wilson had been playing for us we'd have won comfortably.I agree re;Brewster Gray there's definately a player in there and he's one of the few of our lads that'll have a go at goal when the chance arrives.I'm still buzzing from last night but as i said to our Gertie the last 15minutes were the longest 15 minutes of my life,she saaid i know you were trying to kick every ball.:LOL: It shunt get mi like this(chuffin football) i'm a fella in his 60's ffs.:LOL: UTMPB

Burkey certainly puts defenders under pressure when he's charging about all over the pitch but i kept thinking especially in the first half last night if Callum Wilson had been playing for us we'd have won comfortably.I agree re;Brewster Gray there's definately a player in there and he's one of the few of our lads that'll have a go at goal when the chance arrives.I'm still buzzing from last night but as i said to our Gertie the last 15minutes were the longest 15 minutes of my life,she saaid i know you were trying to kick every ball.:LOL: It shunt get mi like this(chuffin football) i'm a fella in his 60's ffs.:LOL: UTMPB
you need to calm down at your age,they,ll be a RIP thread with you as the main star. hahahahahahaahahaha

as for burke like ive said about him head n shoulders above owt we have up front, a defenders nightmare ,with his pace power and effort,refine his finishing and he fulfils his potential .can see him and brewster forming a great partenership. learning of the grand master himself. just like i called it last night rodders all set up for bil to come on and score;)

I'd compare Burke more to ex Blade David White. White started off at Man City as an aimless winger who had physicality and raw pace / acceleration but lacked composure and technique.

Then at a similar sort of age to what Burke is now Peter Reid played him as a striker, had the midfield ping early through balls to him as well as Niall Quinn feeding him knock downs and he became one of the PL's top scorers for a couple of years.

There's enough money been spent on Burke to suggest there's a real talent there. It just needs the right tactics and a manager that has trust in him. Fast lads have always got a chance.

Burke is a project, He has pace, strength, work ethic and a bit of creativity, shown in the 3rd goal at Bristol. He lacks technique around the box, is that adrenalin kicking in and killing his composure or is he just poor under pressure. Brewster will be quality in time, I am happy to have him but think in our situation at the time, we could have done more with the 23 million.

Burke is a project, He has pace, strength, work ethic and a bit of creativity, shown in the 3rd goal at Bristol. He lacks technique around the box, is that adrenalin kicking in and killing his composure or is he just poor under pressure. Brewster will be quality in time, I am happy to have him but think in our situation at the time, we could have done more with the 23 million.
Easy to say but, had we had even an 'average' poor start, say 12-14 points or so by now, we may well have seem MUCH more both of, and from, all the buys and CW, with a few more points on the board,might well been less reluctant to give them all more starts in a more comfortable position.

We would have been more settled, more able to experiment a bit and they could all have settled in better, with much less pressure, more scope for different combinations and better performances than the initial impressions have been.

you need to calm down at your age,they,ll be a RIP thread with you as the main star. hahahahahahaahahaha
Death comes to us all at sometime,even Proper BLADES like me or fickle ones like thee Twirlio.:yes:When the big fella upstairs says your times up it's up. UTMPB

Death comes to us all at sometime,even Proper BLADES like me or fickle ones like thee Twirlio.:yes:When the big fella upstairs says your times up it's up. UTMPB
but you wont get any more priveleges from god for sucking his cock,he,ll just think your a week yes man,whom he wont want around him. :bull:

but you wont get any more priveleges from god for sucking his cock,he,ll just think your a week yes man,whom he wont want around him. :bull:
I presume you mean a WEAK yes man rather than your illiterate week yes man you fickle thicko.:ROFLMAO: UTMPB

Easy to say but, had we had even an 'average' poor start, say 12-14 points or so by now, we may well have seem MUCH more both of, and from, all the buys and CW, with a few more points on the board,might well been less reluctant to give them all more starts in a more comfortable position.

We would have been more settled, more able to experiment a bit and they could all have settled in better, with much less pressure, more scope for different combinations and better performances than the initial impressions have been.

But we don't have 12-14 points on the board we have 5, so we can speculate all we like but it does not change reality. For instance, if I had won the lottery last week I would not be on this board worrying about United's lack of finishing, I would be in Dubai with a young bird bouncing on my balls, Oh for what if's.

But we don't have 12-14 points on the board we have 5, so we can speculate all we like but it does not change reality. For instance, if I had won the lottery last week I would not be on this board worrying about United's lack of finishing, I would be in Dubai with a young bird bouncing on my balls, Oh for what if's.
The "easy to say but" opening to my post might have given most a clue as to the context of my post.
Seeing as virtually all forum posts are speculation and opinion about formation, tactics, transfers, outcomes, what ifs etc then we could always close the forum and leave your balls where they deserve to be - dangling in the freezing cold.

BTW you dont have quote as many times as you have balls:eek:

Burke, Brewster and Burnie will be an incredible forward trio in the Championship.

Would have to find a way to get them all on the pitch really.

i have dyslexia pal, but you carry on with ya cheap shots you old fart . nappy change time rodders. bigger blade
Oh Diddums Grayson,you keep gobbing at me you'll get it back and more,simples really abit like you mi owd pal.:nerner:Sorry if you do indeed have dyslexia but the rest of my post stands, after all they didn't make me a Vital HERO for nothing you know.:rocker::cup::giggle: Have a lovely afternoon BLADES wherever you may be. UTMPB