Oliver Skipp - Player Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Oliver Skipp - Player Thread

Loans are not the be all and end all and to be honest I don’t really see skipp getting game time out on loan.
Not sure he’s suited to the smash and crash 100 mile an hour football in leagues 1amd 2.
Think poch knows this.

Loans are not the be all and end all and to be honest I don’t really see skipp getting game time out on loan.
Not sure he’s suited to the smash and crash 100 mile an hour football in leagues 1amd 2.
Think poch knows this.

Are you back in academy watching mode? Hope so.

Think poch knows this.

It's a great point. There are a few teams now that play their way out of the Championship. Wolves and Fulham were 2 such clubs whereas Cardiff got out old fashioned way. This season I've seen the football Norwich are playing and it is very easy on the eye. Not sure about the other top teams.

For me, Skipp's best loan would be in a ball-playing top Championship side where he can learn to influence the game. There's always a danger at Spurs he'll end up doing specific roles like sitting deep tucked in on the left to allow Rose to get forward. Nothing wrong with that, but he might be better off being the main man on loan instead.

It's a great point. There are a few teams now that play their way out of the Championship. Wolves and Fulham were 2 such clubs whereas Cardiff got out old fashioned way. This season I've seen the football Norwich are playing and it is very easy on the eye. Not sure about the other top teams.

Muttley, I have watched a lot of Championship football this season, partly because my brother supports Leeds. I think on the whole there is a shift taking place in that league. Bielsa has got Leeds playing PL style as has Lampard at Derby. Then Gerrard at Rangers up norf is introducing his style. I think the arrival of a number of PL legends in the management is creating that excitement. Scholes at Oldham now.

I wished those PL players wishing to go in to management be MADE to start their careers in the lower leagues, where they'd have more to learn as well as offer. Sherwood?!!

What I would say is we finally have a manager who knows how to develop young players and give them a proper chance to improve and impress.
Well done to the man long may it continue.... shame he wasn’t around a few years back you never know many more may have made the grade.

Skippy played in the test event for the U 18s. He is not 19 until September. The reports are that he was a class above anyone else and you would expect that. So I guess he is the first, first teamer to play at the new stadium, if that is what he is now ?

Skippy played in the test event for the U 18s. He is not 19 until September. The reports are that he was a class above anyone else and you would expect that. So I guess he is the first, first teamer to play at the new stadium, if that is what he is now ?

I wasn't there as I was away this weekend, but a friend who went said that if he hadn't already been elevated, we'd all be screaming for him to be - he also said he was a class act and thinks that for 18 he has a top flight future in him, I guess the question as always is, will he be good enough for that to be with us?

Jose has just revealed they've been working with Skipp and Gedson at RB in training as cover/rotation for Aurier.

Not a position change I'd ever even considered.

Jose has just revealed they've been working with Skipp and Gedson at RB in training as cover/rotation for Aurier.

Not a position change I'd ever even considered.

Gedson at RB, now that's a wingback in the making...as for Skippy, he'd probably get muscled out as a LB and I'm not sure I recall him having a great turn of pace, but it does indicate that Jose is having to be inventive, which suggests no money or not much to spend... :(

I think this is more to cover the fact that Tanganga won't play again this season. He also mentioned Toby (plz no) and Sissoko (usually decent at RB) can play there but it was Skipp that really stood out as a strange one to try in training. Didn't Jamie O'haha and Livermore play a game or two at full back for us in our poorer days? Feels a bit like that to me.

I'm surprised we haven't seen more of him this season. The little parts we've seen of him he looks more than capable of doing a job in midfield especially with the issues we have been having.

What Jose said that he was using Skipp and Gedson a little bit in training and talked briefly about Japhet and Foyth. He then mentioned that Toby had plenty of experience there and that Sissoko had played there. I think he was just playing down the question.

Whilst wanting Aurier to remain fit, I wouldn't mind taking a look at Gedson there.

As for Skipp, surely it's a loan as next logical step especially if we get someone like Hojberg in.

I don't know if anyone else watched some highlights of Norwich's game Saturday. Oliver Skipp was outstanding. I have a friend who is a Norwich fan he said Skipp was motm. I watched highlights and he looked quality. I know that it's a level below us but I am gutted we let him go and signed Hojbjerg instead.

I don't know if anyone else watched some highlights of Norwich's game Saturday. Oliver Skipp was outstanding. I have a friend who is a Norwich fan he said Skipp was motm. I watched highlights and he looked quality. I know that it's a level below us but I am gutted we let him go and signed Hojbjerg instead.

I shared a match report with 80, which pretty much said he was simply outstanding and the best player on the pitch.

I agree, Skipp should have stayed with us and challenged Winks and Hojbjerg. He was under used last season too. Ah well at least he can play regularly with Norwich, I like him and sincerely wish him well.

I agree, Skipp should have stayed with us and challenged Winks and Hojbjerg. He was under used last season too. Ah well at least he can play regularly with Norwich, I like him and sincerely wish him well.

For his own career development I think he needed this move, so whilst he could have done a job for us, he needs consistent competitive football to see how much both physically and mentally he can kick on.

A good season there and he comes back confident willing and able to take on anyone - and that has to be his and the clubs goal.