Oliver Skipp - Player Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

Oliver Skipp - Player Thread

That's really us ain't it, we seem to be able to churn out average, Championship ready midfielders Oomunah, Winks, Carroll, Clemence, now possibly Skipp.

The issue to a large extent is Levy insisting on not doing underhand deals with parents/kids/agents, and keeping a strict wage policy in force- it's why we lost Noni, perhaps one of the best prospects we'd bought through the academy in years. His agent demanded for his first deal £75k a week before he moved away - an unheard of sum for a player who hadn't yet signed a pro contract.

Now thankfully, about 2 years ago that policy changed and we will now pay (above the board) much bigger compensation fees and costs to parents and agents; this will make a difference, but it could take a few seasons to see it blossom.

Whilst today was a great day for the club, it did get me wondering how Skipp felt about not making the match day squad. Along with the midfield starters, Biss and Sarr, Ange had Bents, Hoj and Gio ahead of him in today's pecking order.

In my opinion, Skipp really does need to look after number 1 and get himself a summer move. Sticking around to tick a homegrown box shouldn't be on his agenda.

Whilst today was a great day for the club, it did get me wondering how Skipp felt about not making the match day squad. Along with the midfield starters, Biss and Sarr, Ange had Bents, Hoj and Gio ahead of him in today's pecking order.

In my opinion, Skipp really does need to look after number 1 and get himself a summer move. Sticking around to tick a homegrown box shouldn't be on his agenda.
Agree.

Hasn't done Winks any harm and could soon be back in PL.

Norwich would have him in a heartbeat.

Looks like a bit of a forgotten man
Unfortunately he's, another one of those, Winks, Carroll, Clemence, O'Hara type players.
Bags of energy but doesn't quite fit, or is perhaps playing in a league above his, standard.
But love his commitment.
Tom Carroll is down my way now playing for Exeter City.

Tom Carroll is down my way now playing for Exeter City.
He went backwards after his hip injury and never seemed to ever fully recover.

That's the luck of the draw, pick up a bad one and you are never able to kick on again, it must be 5/6 years he's struggled to beat it now.