Oliver Skipp - Player Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Oliver Skipp - Player Thread

Thought it worth pulling Skipp's thread back to the top after it disappeared from the foreground of this forum.....like the player himself all season.

So behind the loss, the Jose discussions, the Dier shenanigans etc there was a 19 year old that played 120 mins last night. A lad that gave away a silly foul on the edge of our 18 yard box and had to navigate a serious chunk of that game on a yellow. A lad that burst through in extra time and then got a nosebleed.

All in all though, I think Oliver should be chuffed to bits with his contribution last night. He showed passion and commitment for the club and a load of maturity. I'm guessing he'll never be a world beater but do think he has something to contribute with his energy and tenacity. He also showed a load of classy one touches and short passes mixed in.

Whilst everyone wants to talk about Parrott, I think young Skipp deserves some conversation.

He did ok, nothing spectacular, but was also being constantly told what to do where to be by Jose from the touchline. I think nosebleed came from that by then he was too scared to even try getting up there!

He did ok, nothing spectacular, but was also being constantly told what to do where to be by Jose from the touchline. I think nosebleed came from that by then he was too scared to even try getting up there!

I think just doing OK is perfectly acceptable at his age and experience. Like the 2 lads in the Liverpool and Chelsea game he should be leaning on the senior pro's to help him through the game. By the end I thought they were leaning on him more than the other way round.

Thought it worth pulling Skipp's thread back to the top after it disappeared from the foreground of this forum.....like the player himself all season.

So behind the loss, the Jose discussions, the Dier shenanigans etc there was a 19 year old that played 120 mins last night. A lad that gave away a silly foul on the edge of our 18 yard box and had to navigate a serious chunk of that game on a yellow. A lad that burst through in extra time and then got a nosebleed.

All in all though, I think Oliver should be chuffed to bits with his contribution last night. He showed passion and commitment for the club and a load of maturity. I'm guessing he'll never be a world beater but do think he has something to contribute with his energy and tenacity. He also showed a load of classy one touches and short passes mixed in.

Whilst everyone wants to talk about Parrott, I think young Skipp deserves some conversation.
I think he has been treated a bit unfairly. Having to take a back seat while unfit players are picked ahead of him.

I think he has been treated a bit unfairly. Having to take a back seat while unfit players are picked ahead of him.

Exactly. We got so used to us having that double pivot under Poch that we all assumed that Skipp would get game time because of the injuries. I'm still scratching my head why we haven't deployed 2 in there under Jose especially with Aurier roaming. That even allows Winks to influence things higher up.

If the way we handled Carroll, Mason and Winks is anything to go by, in 2 years time we will sell Winks and hail Skipp as the best thing since Carrick.

Such is the circle at Spurs

With Mason back at the club and Amos, Marsh and Bowden coming through, the only surprise is that Snow White hasn't turned up !!!