Oliveira | Page 2 | Vital Football

Oliveira

So now we know where our penalty taker is. Great news that he scores for Reading. Hopefully he keeps this up and we get a decent price for him.

Is it just my impression that the Championship has moved from physicality into violence?

Agreed Mings is a poor footballer and a bit of a thug on the pitch. I remember against us he was constantly kicking our lads

That is horrendous, you can actually see that he meant to do that!! Forcefully pushed his foot into his face!!! Horrific, agree with YB - he should be banned from playing football for life at any level for purposely injuring a fellow professional.

It's also not the first time he's done this. He got a 5 match ban in 2017 for stamping on Ibrahimovic.

L7Vt8ZA.gif

Thinking about this again, and seeing the other clip there, the lad clearly has some serious issues if his rage is coming out by brutally harming other players. He actually needs some serious psychological help, not just a ban. The lad cannot be mentally stable, and in a way I kind of feel for him, I don’t think he wants to be going out there hurting other players, but he obviously cannot control his rage in the heat of the moment and for that reason he needs help not just punishment. I hope the FA realise that. He should be taken out of the game until a health professional says he is fit enough to return. If it is just a ban, then it will happen again and who knows next time it could be even worse. I just hope that for him and for the safety of the other players that the FA consider this.

Obviously a previous 5 match ban did not work and that video clearly shows intent. Luckily this latest referee knew his stuff and by not giving a yellow means Mings can be punished retrospectively