Oliveira | Vital Football

Oliveira

fanforlife

Alert Team
He wont be with us for much longer, seems we have been holding out for the right money, 2.65m already turned down from Besiktas, the club have denied this though!

The Championship leaders are open to offers for Oliveira, who has not featured since the final day of last season. Sporting director Stuart Webber reiterated after the recent shareholders’ meeting a parting of the ways in next month’s transfer window was the best outcome.
“If he stays, no one really wins,” he said. “We are open to offers for him in January. He is open to leaving because he knows he needs to play football. As a club we have an expensive asset sat there and for him his career is disappearing and you only get one opportunity. He knows that.”
Oliveira has 18 months left on his current City deal.
The Portugal international’s agent indicated there was interest last summer but City received no firm bids.
“We never had anything direct. Hopefully that changes this winter,” said Webber, last month. “No direct offers to us (last summer). There was some interest guided to us from his agent, which his agent said were not of interest to Nelson. We respected that.
“He is 27, a full international, and it is doing him no good to not be playing, or playing the odd game for the under-23s.
“What I would say is Nelson has been unbelievably professional in terms of his attitude in training. He works hard, he keeps himself fit, but unfortunately for him he is not part of the group.”

He must be very disruptive as no club in this country appears to want him , and maybe none abroad either . He could become yet another far to many costly mistake

‘Paid up for free ‘sounds the best option to me . Get him out and save on his generous wages over the next 18 months

Paid up for free.....does that mean his contract is paid buying club but they get him for no fee?

Will we get another forward in our will we stick with Srbeny, Rhodes, pukki and Morris

That’s how I read it Bears . If that’s the case it’s the best we can hope for ....at least we won’t be paying his wages for him to do very little

Excellent news . Just need to rid ourselves of Nonesmiths and Sicknote Jarvis wages and that’s the end of the Rab era !

Paid up surely means we pay his wages for 18m....so whats the point of paying his wages AND getting no fee?!?!?

Could be to just get a negative influence out of the club? Hopefully get something for him though or at least not have to pay him off.

I would put money on him scoring in his 1st game. We must be okay financially if we are happy to pay his 18 months. What other club would do that?

Pink Un article doesn’t mention who is paying his high wages .....I hope we haven’t been stupid enough to to pay them

Pink Un article doesn’t mention who is paying his high wages .....I hope we haven’t been stupid enough to to pay them

I doubt it, given that they need the "goal power" in order to stay up.
Lets hope he scores loads of goals against our rivals at the top and against the Binmen :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: