Oliveira Omission From German Trip | Page 2 | Vital Football

Oliveira Omission From German Trip

No secret that I've never liked the man, always come across as cocky and selfish and his tantrums for a grown man are embarrassing. I really don't see this so called talent everyone speaks of as well. He's managed 44 goals in 10 years! Top strikers manage that every 2 years. 6 or so of those goals was for us within a couple month period as well which makes it even more poorer overall. He doesn't work hard, doesn't put in a shift a majority of the time. Jerome worked 10x harder than he ever did and has scored more than double the amount of goals and yet he wasn't good enough. We have a good balance at the moment between Pukki, Srbeny and Rhodes and all of them are scoring... we don't need 4 strikers when we only ever play 1 at a time. I guarantee you bringing Nelson back in the group will just disrupt us and then he'll bugger off in January. No thanks lets limit his damage until then. Won't be the first time we've had to have a high earner not playing for us.

Last edited:
He doesn’t look any worse than Rhodes to me . Just tell Olivera to sort himself out and make him play for his huge salary

Only difference is for me YB is Rhodes has been there and done it at this level and he has scored two in 6 so far which isn't bad considering his poor time at parent club. One in 3 is still far better than what Nelson has ever achieved for us. Plus most fans seem to like Rhodes a lot more than nelson so something to build on rather than spend time rebuilding bridges, we don't have that time NC is more important than giving Nelson chance number 10! :shake:

It just greaves me that Olivera is basically one of the highest earners at the club (£30,000 a week ??) and because of his attitude he is doing nothing for it . We are now lumbered with this moody guy until January ,and he should be made to work for his wages . We really should have made every effort to have got rid of him this summer

I agree completely YB. Trouble is though what does him "working it off" look like. If its him doing absolutely nothing on the pitch and bringing everyone else down, it may be money well spent to pay him to do nothing.. if he can do what hes never done though and become a reliable goal scorer then I won't stand in his way but a leopard doesn't change its spots over night!

Srbeny is poor.
Jerome was crap.
Both have had chances to do well and neither have / did.

Rhodes is on loan and missed a penalty that maybe cost us 3 points.

A Lambert type manager would have Oliveira playing for team and scoring. A crap manager as Farke cannot man manage.

Get shot of Farke and lets see the potential of our decent squad.

I think Srbeny has been much better this year but not really an out and out striker. Jerome I think stayed past his best and his last year for us should have been the last promotion. Nelson has never been as good as Jerome was though and his goal scoring record (or lack of ) is evidence of that. Rhodes offers something different, it's nice to see him winning so many headers and keeping us on the ball, too often in recent years we've lacked that. If he keeps his 1 in 3 record - when was the last time a NC striker could say that?!

Really it's a lose lose situation with nelson. We either pay his fat wages for doing sweet nothing and then sell him for next to nothing in January, or we play him and he does well (I highly doubt) and he'll still be off anyway! He's agreed his future is not here and that's about the only decent thing he has done. We should build on and play with the people who are here for the long haul

trouble is no players are here for long haul.
if they are good they want to move away.
if they are bad they stay and see out contract on good wages.

Very true DG. Sorry state we find ourselves in, ultimately all comes back to our owners as it has done time and time again. The only meaningful change would be there IMO. Sure we can change managers and players time and time again but ultimately we will be in the same position.

The Board and Owners will sell Jamal Lewis , Onel Hernandez , Buendia and Ben Godfrey as soon as they get a fat fee for them . And so it will go until this selling policy puts us in League One . I am rapidly losing heart with the present owners and the way the club is run

At the open session, he was much happier and was getting involved. On the live chat today the chaps were saying that DF is open to bringing him back in and The Cup will be a start. I think if DF can man manage him then we will have a real threat. He can score in this league and now he has some competition and will want to prove he can do it.

Also, Jarvis is nearing fitness but the chaps think the club will loan him out in January and then just let him go at the end of the season.

The SKY chaps were in agreement that Lewis was the best player for Northern Ireland in both their games and seemed to suggest that he will be a very good player....enjoy him while we can.