Ole Gunner - appointed Manure Manager | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ole Gunner - appointed Manure Manager

Courtois

Azpicueleta, Terry, Cahill/Luiz

Moses, Kante, Matic/Fabregas, Alonso

Willian/Pedro, Costa, Hazard

Interestingly, that team walked the league that season so therefore over 38 games surely had to be a better team. Doesn't perhaps look as good on paper as ours but the 3-4-3 system disrupted the league and Conte did an amazing job. In reality, the teams are probably about the same level and they had no European football to deal with as they came 10th the year before. They also seemed to go injury free for most of, perhaps down to having such few games.

I definitely didn't expect Spurs to beat that. Our year was the year before when we let Leicester win the league with only 81 points.

Terry was finished that season, Matic was dominated by Dembele every time they played.

The side we had was better, plus the start they had was appalling - I seem to recall they got spanked at Arsenal?

Firstly, it's a squad game; in any one off game you can claim we were better (are better), but over a season when you chuck in injuries, suspensions and rotations, we just haven't had the quality in depth.

But beyond that, the 'target' has always been Top 4 and not an 'ego' domestic Trophy (as it has been classed), which again an again has meant not playing our perceived strongest 11...and despite some great nights, we have no hope of beating Europe's elite when it matters.

We've never been strong enough for a PL winners medal - even when Leicester won it, we didn't have the squad to carry the ambition.

So it's not about being the strongest side, it's about context, content and targets - achieved or otherwise.

I can’t remember last week, but the season Chelsea won we didn’t have many injuries and I believe we were out of Europe by Feb?

In his time here we have been to one final

4 semis.

We have had a lot of chances to win something.

I don’t think he is capable of winning, nor do I think he is of rebuilding a squad.

Courtois

Azpicueleta, Terry, Cahill/Luiz

Moses, Kante, Matic/Fabregas, Alonso

Willian/Pedro, Costa, Hazard

Interestingly, that team walked the league that season so therefore over 38 games surely had to be a better team. Doesn't perhaps look as good on paper as ours but the 3-4-3 system disrupted the league and Conte did an amazing job. In reality, the teams are probably about the same level and they had no European football to deal with as they came 10th the year before. They also seemed to go injury free for most of, perhaps down to having such few games.

I definitely didn't expect Spurs to beat that. Our year was the year before when we let Leicester win the league with only 81 points.
Also Muttley they had no CL football, same with Leicester.

I can’t remember last week, but the season Chelsea won we didn’t have many injuries and I believe we were out of Europe by Feb?

In his time here we have been to one final

4 semis.

We have had a lot of chances to win something.

I don’t think he is capable of winning, nor do I think he is of rebuilding a squad.

Each to their own I guess and that's what forums are for...

Great news Poch is staying,the new stadium is magnificent & we will finish in the top 4 with a full house of 62,000 cheering the team on [yes even the away supporters as they can't believe how good the beer is].

IMO that is the same nonsense that was spouted when Harry was here, look at the M.C. and Pool squad. You could even argue that both Chelsky and M.U. have better squads if you look at the amount of money they have spent.

Harry at the time made excuses about not winning trophies.

However these days he said he should have won a couple of trophies. His biggest regret. Oh yeah I spoke to him face to face and asked him straight to his face that question too.