Oldham | Vital Football

Oldham

Well if even half of that article is half true then Oldham is in a big pickle, without the assets of a club like Villa (also struggling financially) to more easily dig themselves out.

I love the comment from Jose Baxter last week when he left Everton to sign for Oldham: "It's a no-brainer."

Yes Jose, leaving a Premier League club to sign for a relegated League Two club in all kinds of trouble is a really good move.

Perhaps he was referring to himself?

I work with a Latics supporter who said last month they couldn't afford the diesel for the lawn mowers and by all accounts the Boundary Park pitch is in a right two and eight!

Last edited:
I love the comment from Jose Baxter last week when he left Everton to sign for Oldham: "It's a no-brainer."

Yes Jose, leaving a Premier League club to sign for a relegated League Two club in all kinds of trouble is a really good move.

Perhaps he was referring to himself?

How was Baxter still at Everton after all these years (!)

Crazy long contract on relatively crazy wages?
Would you move?

I don't know, that's not what it reads like. Everton gave him a new one year deal when his drugs ban expired, having not had him for five years and with him being 25? It was totally mad him being there having been released by a League One club, and I guess just to give him a chance to get his career back on track. I thought he couldn't have possibly been there all that time.

I used to live near Oldhams ground , just pray the fixtures dont get LCFC there in the height of winter . Can get bloody freezing especially at night games .

2nd highest behind WBA and just above Port Vale , the 3rd highest .

I used to live near Oldhams ground , just pray the fixtures dont get LCFC there in the height of winter . Can get bloody freezing especially at night games .

2nd highest behind WBA and just above Port Vale , the 3rd highest .

As we have digressed to ground heights, I think I read somewhere that Blundell Park was the lowest ground in England at just 2 feet above sea level.

As we have digressed to ground heights, I think I read somewhere that Blundell Park was the lowest ground in England at just 2 feet above sea level.
Spot on there me old China, lowest football league ground . But the lowest football ground is Canvey Island FC in Essex. Just below sea level. One of my teenage haunts. Essex girls . Gorgeous