old pubs in Birmingham | Page 2 | Vital Football

old pubs in Birmingham

Couldwellbe that one Trekker, im never been great with Brum pub names tbh we used to hit them before we went to the clubs up broard street like sunday essential and all that, but that name sounds familiar so pretty sure thats it.

Oh how i miss all them fit birds in wait high skirts and waking up in there flats or bringing them back to my mom and dads when i lived there, them was the days, but not like when me and me mate ended up at these birds house flipping a coin heads or tails to see which room we went into not knowing which one was in there, the catch was one was a fit baby spice lookalike and the other a pauline off birds of a feather lookalike we eneded up picking left and right doors to go into the bedrooms and i just saw these two pig tails and a lovely sight i looked round at my mate before i closed the door and all i remember to this day was his face of fright LOL and the words whispered as i read his lips ''you ba**ad** LOL great night that was just thought i would share that experiance with you lads cos when i look back somethings im amazed at what we got upto mental.

Yard of Ale.
The Swan
The Gaiety
The West End Bar
The Troc
The Gapevine

Tressines
Faces
....and now my mind has gone completely blank.
Nothing to do with the many,many beers drunk in the above boozers and clubs of course.

Yard of Ale.
The Swan
The Gaiety
The West End Bar
The Troc
The Gapevine

Tressines
Faces
Nothing to do with the many,many beers drunk in the above boozers and clubs of course.

Clubpaver - 9/12/2013 19:42

Yard of Ale.
The Swan
The Gaiety
The West End Bar
The Troc
The Gapevine

Tressines
Faces
The yard of ale defo been in there before many years back and the Grapevine them have rung a bell :8:

James06 - 9/12/2013 16:53

here was a pub actually inside the old new street station called the station bar I think (took a lot of thought naming that!).

I reckon the amount of trains I missed by staying in there for 'just one more' probably ran into hundreds!
Used to be packed out when we used the trains for away days almost impossible to get served.

Pride of Lions - 9/12/2013 16:57

Barney2004 - 9/12/2013 23:52

ClivetheVillan - 9/12/2013 16:50

There was a canalside one i used to like near broard street

something browns?

Bobby Browns in Canal Street was on the side of the canal just off Broad Street. Used to be called The Opposite Lock before that. There is another nice little place nearer to the to[ of Canal Street, but I can't remember what that was called.......
Was that not the night club on gas light street a right rough hole seen many a lad end up in the canal at closing.

ClivetheVillan - 9/12/2013 19:57

Clubpaver - 9/12/2013 19:42

Yard of Ale.
The Swan
The Gaiety
The West End Bar
The Troc
The Gapevine

Tressines
Faces
The yard of ale defo been in there before many years back and the Grapevine them have rung a bell :8:
The yard of ale is one of them that got blew up it was called the tavern in the town then.

The Windsor used to be a place I frequented in the early eighties was a known Villa pub at the time it looks a bit different these days.

Barney2004 - 10/12/2013 13:05

think it kicked off in there most matchdays...
The C-Crew used to get in there the early 80's yeah there's been many a battle there.

That were the days of purple cords ski jumpers and the wedge cut haha happy days.

anyone used to drink in the talbot on the hagley road by bearwood? thats been bulldozered not so long back.