Old football grounds- Millmoor | Vital Football

Old football grounds- Millmoor

Casperimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
As we are playing the Millers on Saturday for those football ground geeks out there like me I thought some of you might find this interesting. Especially those of us who actually went to the old ground.

This guy (he is a bit full of himself) got access to Millmoor 10 years after it closed (and it's still there) and did a video tour of the old ground.

Oh by 'eck we will have the EB posting like mad now, how he watched a Imps game at the place..

As we are playing the Millers on Saturday for those football ground geeks out there like me I thought some of you might find this interesting. Especially those of us who actually went to the old ground.

This guy (he is a bit full of himself) got access to Millmoor 10 years after it closed (and it's still there) and did a video tour of the old ground.

That's brilliant, parking round there Saturday, hoping to have a walk round the old place.

I see they made it all-seater and built a new stand since I last went there.

I was wondering why the grass was trimmed and the goalposts still up but according to Wikipedia it's "currently used by Westfield United of The Bud Evans BD U18 Division 5".

From Dave Smith’s volley, to Paul Ward’s sending off, and Ainsworth’s last game .... numerous visits there and only one draw from recollection to show for it.

Surely our luck in that town must change sometime, 60 years since our last victory there apparently?

You can see the floodlights from the old ground when you are approaching the new ground. Quite eerie, really. Really nice stadium is the AESSEAL (or whatever it's called).

You can see the floodlights from the old ground when you are approaching the new ground. Quite eerie, really. Really nice stadium is the AESSEAL (or whatever it's called).

I thought it was ASSHOLE, the place has 8,000 or so of them every other week during the football season. ????

Didn’t they leave Millmoor to play at Don Valley
Can’t remember all the details but recall it was club didn’t own the ground and fell out with the owner
Lesson one in owning a football club is to also own the ground !!

He's actually quite restrainied for an urbexer

Went there nearly 60 yrs ago. Surrounded by industrial sites. The only grass on the pitch was the four corners.

Great video. I remember being hunted by four thugs back in the early 70's all match long. They beat us so they let me off.

It looks no worse then when it was football league.

One of the stands is quite new.

I think he has had a sheltered life - barb wire and broken bottles set in concrete common defensive barrier.

I am not really sure that counts as urban exploring when they have mowed the grass the day before!

Way before it was popular my mates and I used to go round that old yank hospital at nocton at night for shits and giggles. Now that was exploring.