Old dogs and new tricks | Page 2 | Vital Football

Old dogs and new tricks

My days have been fairly similar to they were pre-virus albeit not working in the office. It's quite nice wandering around the garden whilst spouting bollocks down the phone though I am missing my colleagues etc.

Yes mate , I've got Freesat , so have Smithsonian. PBS also do some good stuff , as well as Yesterday channel.

Yes, have all those channels and also .find PBS a good source.

You must also have those great providers of knowledge, history channel and h2. I am now an expert on all things aliens and bigfoot, nearly forgot the giant people lol.

As an artist/ printmaker this lockdown has wiped out 4 exhibitions for my work this year. So been experimenting with new ideas and techniques to stretch myself a bit.
I did get confirmation that an exhibition at the Rochester Art Gallery for Dickens 150th Anniversary will still go ahead sometime this year and one of my prints has been awarded top prize, so very excited about that!

As an artist/ printmaker this lockdown has wiped out 4 exhibitions for my work this year. So been experimenting with new ideas and techniques to stretch myself a bit.
I did get confirmation that an exhibition at the Rochester Art Gallery for Dickens 150th Anniversary will still go ahead sometime this year and one of my prints has been awarded top prize, so very excited about that!
Congrats Vambo

Yes, have all those channels and also .find PBS a good source.

You must also have those great providers of knowledge, history channel and h2. I am now an expert on all things aliens and bigfoot, nearly forgot the giant people lol.
No history channels 😕
I get exactly the same as you get in the UK on Freesat. I understand that Freeview has some different channels , so maybe history is on that.

No history channels 😕
I get exactly the same as you get in the UK on Freesat. I understand that Freeview has some different channels , so maybe history is on that.

I have sky so there are a few extra channels. PBS is the best of the bunch for documentaries as although they are a US public broadcasting channel they do seem to be very accurate and tell it as it was.

Tried to take up running to lose some weight and lower my Hb1Ac score (diabetes).

Running going alright and I enjoy getting out and about in the local woods

Not sure I will be doing any marathons though.

(Amongst others) I use pixlr.com (it's free) to resize or generally "improve" etc
https://pixlr.com/

Easier way, if you have windows, is right click. Then select "Open with", then "paint". You should then see a "resize" icon top left, Click on that and a box will open. Click on "pixels" rather than "percentages" and you will see the exact size of the photo, both horizontal and vertical.

Then click in either the horizontal or vertical box and delete the figure that is there, replacing it with something lower like 600. As you do that, you will see the figure in the other box (horizontal or vertical) reduce automatically. Then push "ok", then either "save" or "save as" (from the top left drag down menu) and you will find that you will have a reduced sized version in your pictures folder, ready to download.

Last edited: