old Birmingham Photos | Vital Football

old Birmingham Photos

haha cheers mate. I can't seem to upload any pictures at all. I follow @brumpics on twitter and they put some great ones up fom the 60's 70's and 80's and was going to put them into here.

Must be size of image you are trying to upload.

But also, without their permission, it is dodgy ground copyright wise putting them up.

Feel free to link to them if you want.

If you want to follow me... then I will send you the link on twitter. @LMB22051982

Just tweet me so then I know its you :35:

For pictures of old Brum visit this site. It is a brilliant site and the atmospheric pictures will bring the memories of days gone by flooding back.

Some of the comments below each picture are rather touching.

With thanks to the late Mr Keith Berry - who left us this wonderful legacy.

http://www.pbase.com/beppuu/old_bham&page=1

Barney2004 - 13/11/2013 08:47

i rememebr the Bearwood road ones from the 80's as if it was yesterday

Once you start looking at the photos on Keith Berry's site you can find the hours just slipping by!

i love looking at old pictures.... but i always think how we have fucked birmingham up. Back then it looked so much nicer. A proper working city with a bit of a shopping area. I looked at a photo yesterday and it was one of centenary square. Dif you know before Baskerville house, there were factories where the ICC now stands right up to where the baskerville house stands. Going from the pictures , birmingham is getting worse... by becoming to modern

This picture brings back so many memories of being in town and I still remember the " spud-man " and the aroma and taste like it was yesterday! ( bottom right in picture )

Attachments

• 54113018.New_St1.jpg
    54113018.New_St1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 0
thats taken from the ramp isnt it? and on the corner is now a bit TSB bank. The road the the left has gone.

i could go and take a picture of this in exactly the same spot on my lunch break if you want as i only work down the road from it.

i would have to send the image to fear though for him to upload as i cant seem to do it.

Barney2004 - 13/11/2013 10:59

thats taken from the ramp isnt it? and on the corner is now a bit TSB bank. The road the the left has gone.

i could go and take a picture of this in exactly the same spot on my lunch break if you want as i only work down the road from it.

i would have to send the image to fear though for him to upload as i cant seem to do it.

Yes it is taken from the New Street station ramp.

Thank you for the offer, but I'm actually visiting Brum next April to celebrate my 60th birthday so I will see it with my own eyes!

ok mate... well put it this way. You're going to have a little shock! its changed so much!

good job you dont want the pic because fear is unable to upload it for me as he is on holiday.

Enjoy your birthday...,. where do you live now?