O'Keefe and Dempsey injury news. | Vital Football

O'Keefe and Dempsey injury news.

chris who

Vital Champions League
Evans believes O'Keefe's injury is a break.That is really bad news for a player who was probably one of our most consistent performers last season. I would like to wish him a speedy recovery.

Terrible for him especially so early into the new season. Fortunately we do seem to have lots of midfielders. Presumably an extended run for Willock, Robertson and Mellis so we can see what they can do. Best wishes Stuart.

It is in games like this one you need a old bruiser like Barry Fuller .Someone like Barry would have tackled them so hard they wouldn't dare continue to play dirty.Sounded bad enough on the radio .Very wrong when something like this happens that the referee can't review what was almost certainly a red .Understandably Evans is furious at times like that I have no complaints if he had a right go on the touchline.

Thats now both our captains and main experience in the squad gone long term. Not good.
It’s certainly not.
Both experienced at this level.
Let’s hope that others step up.
Remember back when Stimson was in charge and we had a mini injury crisis.
He had a reshuffle, brought in a couple of fringe players and we went on a great run, culminating in promotion via the playoffs.

Terrible for him especially so early into the new season. Fortunately we do seem to have lots of midfielders. Presumably an extended run for Willock, Robertson and Mellis so we can see what they can do. Best wishes Stuart.

If Woods is not ready for the first team, those three plus Macdonald are our only fit midfielders by my reckoning.

I therefore hope nobody moans if we sign another one in that position on this occasion.

surely the budget can only stretch so far? In normal circumstances I think wed go and get another midfielder however a couple of mobiles strikers who score and a left sided player are surely more important currently.

I personally think Evans has seen enough of a couple of them and I think we will see some movement OUT in the next couple of weeks. The O'Keefe injury may just trigger this as he looks to balance the squad up

It is in games like this one you need a old bruiser like Barry Fuller .Someone like Barry would have tackled them so hard they wouldn't dare continue to play dirty.Sounded bad enough on the radio .Very wrong when something like this happens that the referee can't review what was almost certainly a red .Understandably Evans is furious at times like that I have no complaints if he had a right go on the touchline.
Chris, in the last two threads I have looked at you are still banging on about Fuller.
We all love Barry (I certain do) and he is something of a club hero but he has gone and we move on.
I did watch the game last night Chris and with all due respect to Fuller he wouldn’t have got close enough to the Coventry players to kick them.

Chris, in the last two threads I have looked at you are still banging on about Fuller.
We all love Barry (I certain do) and he is something of a club hero but he has gone and we move on.
I did watch the game last night Chris and with all due respect to Fuller he wouldn’t have got close enough to the Coventry players to kick them.

In Chris' defence, I think on this occasion he was talking more of a Fuller type player, one who doesn't mind getting stuck in, shall we say, rather than specifically Barry Fuller himself.

Indeed i dont think jackson did too much wrong. Tucker lost their man in the middle for their goal. But we cant criticise him.😉

Indeed i dont think jackson did too much wrong. Tucker lost their man in the middle for their goal. But we cant criticise him.😉
So the midfield went MIA the pass split our "2" center backs, yet Tucker lost their man. is he the new 2020 scapegoat. :whist:

Maybe i need to watch it again, as i thought it was crossed in from wide? Anyone got the highlights?
I apologize it did come from out wide for the goal, I was thinking of the other occasions they tore us apart. The same applies though, it came through midfield, crossed in from our right, and no Gills player got within a yard of the ball.

I apologize it did come from out wide for the goal, I was thinking of the other occasions they tore us apart. The same applies though, it came through midfield, crossed in from our right, and no Gills player got within a yard of the ball.
It was a very good header nitram.
I’d have been chuffed if Oliver had scored a header like that.
Tucker was the nearest but had no chance due to the pace and accuracy of the cross.
It was a good goal.