OK. So. It's 'watch this space' for Benitez. | Vital Football

OK. So. It's 'watch this space' for Benitez.

CuckFan

Vital Squad Member
I think Wet Spam might steal in to agree to pay his leaving 'penalty', and get him onboard.

It will depend on how committed he is, now.

It's simply a question of how much money makes it worthwhile for Benitez to continue to prostitute himself. So far he's been as culpable as Pardew. He didn't walk in January, Ashley called his bluff, Benitez whinged all summer and Ashley's done the square route of fuck all. He's Ashley's bitch now, repeat the pattern until Benitez finds the dignity he's sold down the river. Every window Kevin Keegan goes even further up in my estimation as he's been the only manager to stand up to Ashley. To stand up for us the fans . You can't do this to these people and this club. Talk is cheap particularly in football . Deeds are what counts. Shame so many refused to stand up for him.

I disagree with some of your point Keggy.

I think Rafa should stay and play politics because Ashley wants him out. If Rafa walks, the cycle just goes on and on.

An interesting period awaits.

CuckFan - 31/8/2017 23:15

I think Wet Spam might steal in to agree to pay his leaving 'penalty', and get him onboard.

It will depend on how committed he is, now.

Oh dear, seems like the one who's so fond of accusing everyone of 'knicker wetting' has actually soiled himself, oh dear, oh dear, maybe the bus has broken down and he's lost his Donnay wank sock.

As highly as I rate Benitez, surely money can not be his driving force . He must have a tidy sum . He should do the decent thing walk ... Then spill his guts so every rose tinted NUFC supporter can see what the chairman is like. If managers like him and Keegan walk then even the most blinkered will see where the root problem lies. Benitez is not Pardew or Carver... those two said nowt in the press Rafa does. He highlights where the problem is , those two never did nowt except suck dick.

The Pyrry - 1/9/2017 06:12

As highly as I rate Benitez, surely money can not be his driving force . He must have a tidy sum . He should do the decent thing walk ... Then spill his guts so every rose tinted NUFC supporter can see what the chairman is like. If managers like him and Keegan walk then even the most blinkered will see where the root problem lies. Benitez is not Pardew or Carver... those two said nowt in the press Rafa does. He highlights where the problem is , those two never did nowt except suck dick.

Keegan walked a long time ago and yet people still don't want to see the truth and where the problem lies. Benitez did his job and got us up much like Hughton did and now it's back to the gamble. Ashley doesn't like a popular manager, he prefers a journeyman arselicker, that way the crowd can get on the shit managers back instead of his. He's not interested in football and competing so in that sense it's worked for years, people keep coming and keep spending so why should he change, his tacky business is still getting promoted. Managers/football/competing, he doesn't give a fuck about any of that.

Think you hit the nail on the head. He does not like popular managers. Houghton sacked for shite reason . Keegan seen through him and his mates, and now Benitez who must be contemplating walking. All popular with the fans .... A worrying trend .

It shows us a few things;
A clear disparity between what fatty is happy with (survival) and what Benitez wants (to compete, ultimately, with the top sides - by taking steps over time)
It shows fatty has learnt nothing, that in order to remain in the top flight as a certainty, you have to invest. You don't have to always pay top dollar, but you must invest in the playing staff that will deliver.
It shows that he doesn't trust Rafa with his money. This will be borne of the idiots he's had as managers in the past.
The finances are in good shape....for a prospective buyer. It could mean he intends to sell.

JFK, Pardew; and their cohort (now departed) in getting players 'over the line', Carr.

Benitez knows his stuff far better than any of those clowns. But fatty has had his fingers burnt in the past - of his own doing, with appointments like I mention.

It's fuck all to do with trust, Ashley doesn't like spending money on football regardless of manager. He's also a childish bully, the minute Benitez said, 'if the owners as good as his word' a few weeks back regarding transfers then we all knew how Ashley would react, exactly as he has done.

I also wonder what impact on potential incoming players minds, Rafa not being committed long term may have had on their decisions.

You have changed your tune cockfan have you shit your disco pants because Ashley fucked the club over for the 20th time or do you reckon the bus from City is just stuck in traffic.

Idiot. What difference does it make if a reasonable bid isn't made? You're just trying to dodge difficult questions about your mate Ashley and what happened to all of those buses.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 1/9/2017 01:28

I disagree with some of your point Keggy.

I think Rafa should stay and play politics because Ashley wants him out. If Rafa walks, the cycle just goes on and on.

An interesting period awaits.

If Rafa stays and makes a go of it it's a temporary plaster over a gaping wound. If he walks maybe finally the fans could come together enough to try and get Ashley out, maybe they wouldn't but it would focus the pressure on him in the short term at least. Nothing will happen here whilst Ashley's at the club. We're a dead husk, just a host for a parasite. The ideology that Ashley had woken up and realized that if he ran it properly with Benitez at the helm it could work for all has been clearly disproved. We're cursed to repeat the pattern till Ashley sells or is forced to sell.

CuckFan - 1/9/2017 09:38

I also wonder what impact on potential incoming players minds, Rafa not being committed long term may have had on their decisions.

Cuckfan , we've certainly had our differences but you've either got another agenda or you're ill.

The club has had all summer to sign players within the recruitment structure supposedly agreed upon by the management and the board. They haven't.

We've until November at the earliest without a 1st choice or even a reserve left back (although Paul Dummett is actually a converted centre half , unsurprisingly because the squad a few years ago didn't have a left back), we've got three strikers who are completely unproven in the Premier League one of which is happy to collect cards like Panini stickers, two of our centre backs were 1st choice players when last relegated and the midfield hangs on a unproven kid in Merino, a psychotic Alan Barnes in Jonjo Shelvey and a young Isaac Hayden who seems to go down with injuries more times than Jordan does at a Brit awards party . We've a manager who has openly said the above isn't good enough for the Premier League and who doesn't have the versatility in the squad to play the only system he prefers to play. The owner is happy to continue pocketing as much cash as humanly possible (why has our commercial revenue gone down when EVERY other club in the league's has gone up?) and is content to roll the dice time and again on relegation safe in the knowledge he can throw parachute payment money at The Championship and sell the few assets we have to restructure the playing staff, make a profit and get back up straight away.

There's all this currently at stake and your rationale for all of the above is to say it's because Rafa may not be committed long term ?

Ashley knows sod all about football but recognises a money machine when he sees one. Surrounds himself with his bullying cohorts at the top and yes men underneath. Hence Barnes call the tune financially on Ashley's behalf, Charnley is just a yes man slow to do anything, then there is Moncur and Beardsley two more yes men. To make it look as though he is ambitious he appoints Benitez. Then he makes sure the purse strings are drawn tight.
He is guaranteed 50,000 odd most games and spend
Otter on transfers. It's a goldmine.
Benitez should walk and fans should then boycott the ground. That is the only way. Reduces Ashley's income. Of course it will not happen, you will get the usual you have got to support the team. Don't fans realise the players have no interest in them, their only interest is money. They come out with comments that are totally pre prepared and mean nowt.
This club does not deserve the support it gets