Oily gets the job | Vital Football

Oily gets the job

I've had to resort to watching the WGC Matchplay to get away from it.
As you say, waaay OTT rag w***fest. Wouldn't it be funny if Watford get something at the swamp.

We live in hope.

It was mentioned on the radio news sports bulletin again this morning. They just can't get enough of it in the BBC sports editorial team. Sychophants.

I am so pleased that Oily got the job, I feared it was going to be Podgy who Iike as a man and a coach.

I wish Oily all the best as he follows in the footsteps of Sir Alex Taggart and the fact that he said what we have to do to catch Manchester City, is an admission that they consider us a better team and catching us is a priority

I am so pleased that Oily got the job, I feared it was going to be Podgy who Iike as a man and a coach.

I wish Oily all the best as he follows in the footsteps of Sir Alex Taggart and the fact that he said what we have to do to catch Manchester City, is an admission that they consider us a better team and catching us is a priority
My only reservations is that it has purple conk's fingerprints all over it. I suspect he is hands on and steering Oily through Phelan.

My only reservations is that it has purple conk's fingerprints all over it. I suspect he is hands on and steering Oily through Phelan.

That does not matter, because I do not think that Referees are scared of making decisions against them any more and with the coming of VAR hopefully we will see how fair it is when they are judged by it.

I would like to see a clock introduced, but like in Rugby Union the final whistle can only be blown when the ball is out of play

Last edited:
No, indeed.

Back to the main topic.......I fully expect the BBC to be full on, vomit ? inducing sychophancy mode today about this. Football Focus is best avoided I suspect.

No surprise they start Sky's Sunday Supplement blathering on about Oily and the rags.

That sounds like the name of a band ??

I think that the pressure of expectation will get to Oily, a lot will depend on who they can charm to come over summer given they will not have CL football to offer on current form. He appears to be a decent lad, but I can't wish him and his Club good luck, I want them relegated every season.