Ohi Omoijuanfo | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ohi Omoijuanfo

I am guessing that will be a striker then. At that price we could be in the market for Marriott but we still need back up which is where this guy comes in.

That is assuming AK has come to the conclusion that Vellios and Murphy are both of little use going forward.

If AK hasn't reached that conclusion he's in the wrong job.

I would be surprised if Vellios and Murphy featured to any great degree after Sunday and hopefully they are both shipped out.

Have said before I think AK being here reflects a change in the boards ambition and should hopefully mean a bit more ambition in the transfer market.

I am quietly confident that we should at least be battling at the right end of the table.

I thought the article you referenced Pope was quite fascinating indeed. It’s really quite amazing how accurately (give or take aforementioned exceptions) the league table parallels that of club expenditure. I actually felt better for reading it, for some reason I thought we just squandered hand over fist, and way more than other clubs! But I was pleasantly corrected ??

Onwards and bloody upwards!

To be fair to AK he has shown that he can quickly identify where we need to strengthen and it sounds like he's got a clear idea of the team he wants.

Looking forward to the meltdown when Dawson and Marney are our first two signings.
Surely people can see that we need more experience?
Cohen, Hobbs and probably Murphy will all be gone in the summer, that leaves us with only Watson and Fox with significant experience. What if Watson picks up an injury early doors?
We need both Dawson and Marney.

Agree Sniffer and I've no issue with adding a couple of leaders to the squad who know what it takes to get promoted out of this league.

But there will undoubtedly be some who see it as a lack of ambition; signing a couple of ageing players on free transfers and not spending £10m on a younger player instead.

Agree Sniffer and I've no issue with adding a couple of leaders to the squad who know what it takes to get promoted out of this league.

But there will undoubtedly be some who see it as a lack of ambition; signing a couple of ageing players on free transfers and not spending £10m on a younger player instead.

er some of us are hoping for a bit of both tbh- we certainly need a bit more physical presence and experience but we need to balance that with the need for pace and someone who can be relied on to score if the service is there.

i reckon AK will get the mix right