'Official' Cool Brands List! | Page 2 | Vital Football

'Official' Cool Brands List!

James06 - 24/9/2013 12:05

I agree with Kefkat. Just taking cars as an example the coolest people I know couldnt give a shit about cars and they drive bangers or dont even drive at all.
I know two people well who drive Aston martins - and they arent particularly cool. Just loaded!

Although one of them did buy the car when shite-faced and got a bird he'd pulled (didnt even know her name and still doesnt) to decide whether to have the black or silver.

That's pretty cool.

I think it's cooler to be wearing your own style gear, even if they arent the trendy or labelled, reading your favorite paperback on the tube: than to be driving an aston martin in your armani suit with an ipad in the glove box.

When you talk about a cool car, you aren't talking about the driver though, you are talking about the look, the engineering, the drive, the beauty that goes into the design etc.

Of course getting into a cool car doesn't make you cool, but the car is still cool!

Nevermind the Villa, Sky Sports and Euro 96 made football uncool IMO and it's been downhill ever since. Unfortunately I'd already become addicted way before then.

Italia90 was when football reached is peak of coolness. Mullets, gazza, New order, baggy tshirts and Fila tracksuits. And the entire football world bricking it from England fans so much that they stuck us on an island for the group matches! Great times

The Fear - 25/9/2013 09:22

James06 - 24/9/2013 12:05

I agree with Kefkat. Just taking cars as an example the coolest people I know couldnt give a shit about cars and they drive bangers or dont even drive at all.
I know two people well who drive Aston martins - and they arent particularly cool. Just loaded!

Although one of them did buy the car when shite-faced and got a bird he'd pulled (didnt even know her name and still doesnt) to decide whether to have the black or silver.

That's pretty cool.

I think it's cooler to be wearing your own style gear, even if they arent the trendy or labelled, reading your favorite paperback on the tube: than to be driving an aston martin in your armani suit with an ipad in the glove box.

When you talk about a cool car, you aren't talking about the driver though, you are talking about the look, the engineering, the drive, the beauty that goes into the design etc.

Of course getting into a cool car doesn't make you cool, but the car is still cool!

I dont think objects can be cool though just on their own, can they? It;s about how the person wearing or using them carries it off. Particularly clothing and styles obviously but also cars, jewellery, even musical equipment I guess.

Put me in one of david beckhams vests, snoopy dog-z's diamond encrusted wristwatch and give me jimi hendrix guitar and I'd look a right pillock.

Cool tends to equal expensive.

I can't afford to keep up with what's considered cool, so just buy what I like and have the confidence (some might say arrogance) to assume that I can make anything look good. ;-)

People who make lists about cool things then those who debate said list are seldom cool, just sad.

For that reason I shall take no more part in it!

SKEGGY - 25/9/2013 12:05

People who make lists about cool things then those who debate said list are seldom cool, just sad.

For that reason I shall take no more part in it!
Cool is only for us younger folk.

I understand what you are saying Jimbo 06, but disagree.

Products/designs/labels/certain clothes/whatever whatever can be cool, it isn't about the person wearing it.

People can also be cool, usually the ones that don't try to act that way. Bit like the people that say 'you'll have to excuse me, I'm a bit mad'... they are usually the least mad and most bland people on the planet.

I remember a lovely looking lady walking into the Hilton at Cardiff (ooooh yes folks, I have lived a life!) She looked cool as fuck, beatiful and fantastically dressed.

She then took off her sunglasses, shook her hear like a shampoo commercial (because I'm worth it) and any hopes of looking/being cool were shattered.

DeanoVilla - 25/9/2013 11:07

Cool tends to equal expensive.

I can't afford to keep up with what's considered cool, so just buy what I like and have the confidence (some might say arrogance) to assume that I can make anything look good. ;-)

I disagree with all of this.

Cool is not expensive, cool is being an individual and going your own way, not following a path drawn out by marketing people.

Take footballers for an example, for me the cool ones are the Leighton Baines and Jimmy Bullards. Not some blingy twat who has a 'sleeve tattoo' wears his cans like a fashion accessory, drives a blinged up range rover and wears a diamond earing.

Stephen Ireland I'm thinking of you, you twat.

A descriptor link on urban cool

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cool

Now you know, or maybe not :17: