Votes: 2 11.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 5.6%

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Departed

We play 5 games in 13 days from the 18th to the 31st. 3PL and 2 EL.

How may points from

West Ham (H)
Burnley (A)
Brighton (H)

In the EL we play
Lask (H)
Antwerp (A)

So not a heavy travel schedule.

This could be a very good month.

We play 5 games in 13 days from the 18th to the 31st. 3PL and 2 EL.

How may points from

West Ham (H)
Burnley (A)
Brighton (H)

In the EL we play
Lask (H)
Antwerp (A)

So not a heavy travel schedule.

This could be a very good month.

Out of interest what were the corresponding results last season?

I'm going to tempt fate and say nine points as well.

Playing at home is a negligible advantage without fans so it's really down to the best team. We're better than all three and Burnley lose their home advantage.

West Ham will be the problem game. They've had two cracking results recently (4-0 Wolves, 3-0 Leicester) and frustrated us like hell at home the last few years. But even though they've scored lots in the last two games I still expect Moyes to park the bus and look to pinch a winner on the break. This will be a different challenge to Soton and United who played into our hands.

I'm going to tempt fate and say nine points as well.

Playing at home is a negligible advantage without fans so it's really down to the best team. We're better than all three and Burnley lose their home advantage.

West Ham will be the problem game. They've had two cracking results recently (4-0 Wolves, 3-0 Leicester) and frustrated us like hell at home the last few years. But even though they've scored lots in the last two games I still expect Moyes to park the bus and look to pinch a winner on the break. This will be a different challenge to Soton and United who played into our hands.

Agree that the West Ham game is likely to be the most difficult. The two very good results you refer to Gary were achieved while Moyes was in isolation. Hopefully he'll be back in the dugout when they visit us.

Thanks GOD.

LOL!

I made the point - (thanks to @garyonedaysoon for the answer).

To assume nothing, each one of these teams will take a different approach to us and each will be tough to beat.

I see 7 points at most, perhaps if the spam perform the they have in their last two games they just might do us again. IN which case it could be as low as 4.

I'd love it to be 9 as it would be proper statement and a real sign of intent.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

LOL!

I made the point - (thanks to @garyonedaysoon for the answer).

To assume nothing, each one of these teams will take a different approach to us and each will be tough to beat.

I see 7 points at most, perhaps if the spam perform the they have in their last two games they just might do us again. IN which case it could be as low as 4.

I'd love it to be 9 as it would be proper statement and a real sign of intent.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Taken in isolation we would be favourites for each of these matches. But winning three consecutive games in the PL is always a big ask.

But I've been slightly pessimistic since the start of the season so I'm going to go with the flow and take an optimistic view now.

Last edited:
I looked at our next 4 league games (I feel the Europa games will take care of themselves) - West Ham, Burnley, Brighton, WBA.

Then we have another international break, IF we are to do what is expected and win all 4 games then I feel we will be taken seriously. Having said that we have a ridiculous run of fixtures leading up to Christmas.

If we can be within touching distance of the top at Christmas we have a genuine chance of doing something special (I ain't saying it...)

Lets hope City & Liverpool carry on dropping points to keep it interesting.

I feel confident we will score in EVERY game. It will boil down to how early we score and whether we keep our foot on the gas. For example, I'd be concerned v Burnley if it is 1-0 with 20 mins to go as they lump the balls in to our suspect aerial defence.

There is momentum and there is an apparent shift in mentality. Goals are giving everyone confidence and a spring in their stride. Maintain it and i don't see why we can't win them all. ... and make a statement!

What's also in our favour is that these not so tough (on paper) fixtures gives an ideal platform to bring Bale (and others) up to speed gradually and allow some rest for the 'regulars'. I realise it's stating the obvious, but we've had 6 years of burn-out. Wouldn't it be nice to see Kane available for full season.
The thing is will Jose be big enough to rest Kane for games? It can't just be for the early rounds of the cups to be effective.

Kane wants to play every game. I got the impression with Poch that even if he had a decent back up Kane would have started every game he wanted to.

The thing is will Jose be big enough to rest Kane for games? It can't just be for the early rounds of the cups to be effective.

Kane wants to play every game. I got the impression with Poch that even if he had a decent back up Kane would have started every game he wanted to.
Gary, These fixtures are an ideal opportunity to give everyone game time. Vinicius too. I fully expect Jose to manage it now that he has 'bought' all these options!

Whilst partly against 10 men I saw something unseen for us for a long while. A determination to keep pushing our advantage home and a real will to not let them back into the game come what may. I think this is Jose getting his way across and Hojbjerg being the enforcer we have desperately needed for too long now.
If we keep this sort of approach and with this top quality squad to choose from I truly believe that we should get 9 points from these 3 games.

I am going for three PL wins .
Win against LASK
Draw against Antwerp .
I think the power we are currently showing , goal scoring , is going to get us over any bus parking .
Bale will bring us a different offensive threat , coupled with his free kick skills . Kane and Son are scaring the life out of defenders .
The midfield is gelling well . The centre backs remain my only real concern .

I am going for three PL wins .
Win against LASK
Draw against Antwerp .
I think the power we are currently showing , goal scoring , is going to get us over any bus parking .
Bale will bring us a different offensive threat , coupled with his free kick skills . Kane and Son are scaring the life out of defenders .
The midfield is gelling well . The centre backs remain my only real concern .
I agree with most of that, only difference the Antwerp result, I believe we will win that one.

I also think us not scoring will be as scarce as rocking horse shit! so next to non no scoring days/games, maybe am being over confident here but I get the impression our lads are going to score, even they think they are, every time they go forward.

Sort of the opposite of last month, where we simply couldn't take an eye off of the knock out matches. This month we have to focus on the league, 9 points from it is a must. Without being cocky, you have to trust that the Europa league group stages will take care of themselves over the course of the 6 games given the quality of the opposition.