O'Connor | Vital Football

O'Connor

Colburn

Vital Reserves Team
Exceptionally good on Tuesday according to Raynor and put in some great crosses. What game was he watching? I thought he was very poor with a lot of over hit crosses. I'm not picking on him, he wasn't the only one, but exceptionally good? Interesting comment about Willock too - nothing wrong with him just too many bodies like Cisse and Hodson last season. Ooer

Exceptionally good on Tuesday according to Raynor and put in some great crosses. What game was he watching? I thought he was very poor with a lot of over hit crosses. I'm not picking on him, he wasn't the only one, but exceptionally good? Interesting comment about Willock too - nothing wrong with him just too many bodies like Cisse and Hodson last season. Ooer
Bonham aside, his was the best performance of a bad bunch.

Bonham aside, his was the best performance of a bad bunch.
As I wrote in my brief match report, I thought Bonham and Eccles were the only positives. Maybe Graham too who at least tried to engineer something in the way of attacking play.

I do hope willock isn’t this years “Pringle”. Plenty of promise yet doesn’t get to deliver (for whatever reason; injury, bad attitude, tiredness, covid.)

I would like to see a back four of Jackson, O’Connor then Ogilvie and Tucker as CBs on Saturday. And don’t fucking change them next week or the week after unless one gets injured or suspended for the near future. i think these are far and away our strongest defence and see no reason to mess about with them.

The constant chopping and changing does no favours. It reminds me of early on in last season, pissing about with the front men. It was always Hanlon and someone, either ndjoli or Jakubiak or rcc or Marshall or Mandron or (who else have I forgotten), on a sometimes weekly basis.

Maybe Evans is trying to get someone else out of Southampton in January. I certainly can see Evans getting shot of a few after Christmas. it is just a question of who he can we get shot of that is not performing that won't cost much to get rid of?

We were poor in the middle on Tuesday. IMO, O`Connor did little to enhance Gills` midfield. O`Connor`s strongest position is left back and , tbh, i`d rather see him there than Ogilvie. Plus, at LB it would release Graham back to his better RHS.

Personally, I think we`ve identified our best four or five in midfield - and O`Connor isn`t one of them. The biggest dilemma at present appears to be picking two or three central defenders from the six contenders.