O/T What to watch or do when you're isolated | Page 8 | Vital Football

O/T What to watch or do when you're isolated

Re-watched Contagion...saw it a a long time ago...damn it is on point! It is like COVID on crack...but interesting how close it is on lots of things.

Good fiction writers (especially science fiction writers) when they let their imaginations roll always impress me, when you look back and reread something written, 30, 40, 50 year even and look how close they got to real life.

Just watched the entire series 1/2 and 3 of OZARK.

Absolutely brilliant. Would be the best series I've ever watched..ever!

You need to watch every episode, obviously MUST start with the first. It just gets better and better. Never binged watched anything in my life until I was given Netflix and Google Home for my birthday a few weeks ago.

I highly recommend OZARK.

Jason Bateman is brilliant.

Just watched the entire series 1/2 and 3 of OZARK.

Absolutely brilliant. Would be the best series I've ever watched..ever!

You need to watch every episode, obviously MUST start with the first. It just gets better and better. Never binged watched anything in my life until I was given Netflix and Google Home for my birthday a few weeks ago.

I highly recommend OZARK.

Jason Bateman is brilliant.

It's certainly a grower.....

Depending on your humour you might like Code 404 ...watched all 6 episodes (30mins each) of series one.

Polcie/Crime comedy ...suited my humour totally.

They must have creased up making it!

Daniel Mays steal the show completely and is ably supported by Stephen Graham who is very underrated in my opinion but I like most of what he has done.

Loads of clever scripting and sarcasm...just my poison!

Can't wait for season 2 ...hopefully.

After Life starring and written by Rickie Gervais....compelling watch.....Netflix season 1 then season 2. Comedic sad brilliance

Can't watch season 2 - I watched season 1 after a recommendation from a friend who thought it would help me deal with losing my wife - and believe me, all it did was depress the life out of me - so f**k season 2! LOL!

Can't watch season 2 - I watched season 1 after a recommendation from a friend who thought it would help me deal with losing my wife - and believe me, all it did was depress the life out of me - so f**k season 2! LOL!

With friends like that who needs enemies. It's about a man struggling with the loss of his wife and having a hard time with Gervais exploiting the situation to inject his usual awkward comedy. I hope you admonished your friend in true Gervais fashion Ex, they deserve it.

With friends like that who needs enemies. It's about a man struggling with the loss of his wife and having a hard time with Gervais exploiting the situation to inject his usual awkward comedy. I hope you admonished your friend in true Gervais fashion Ex, they deserve it.

I did, long and loudly.

Watching White Lines on Netflix. So far so good.

Just started Medici after finishing The Last Kingdom. White Lines is on the list along with a few others. I enjoyed Kingdom , kind of follows the course of history to an extent. Bordertown has a new series , the third I think. I would recommend watching the previous ones.

Sorry about that EX...however although I have my wife still, as with most of us on here we have all lost close people /family. I have lost both my parents and my two brothers and it did not make the same impression on me as it did you.
Apologies if my post brought back sad memories, that was not my intention but thats that.

Just started Medici after finishing The Last Kingdom. White Lines is on the list along with a few others. I enjoyed Kingdom , kind of follows the course of history to an extent. Bordertown has a new series , the third I think. I would recommend watching the previous ones.
Nick if you liked the tv series, which they did very well, try reading the books, I am just waiting for Bk 12 in the series, the whole series is a very good read, Bernard Cornwell an excellent author, by the way he also wrote the series "Sharpe" 16 books, Sean Bean played Sharpe in the tv series called Sharpe's Rifles, its set in the Napoleonic Wars.

Nick if you liked the tv series, which they did very well, try reading the books, I am just waiting for Bk 12 in the series, the whole series is a very good read, Bernard Cornwell an excellent author, by the way he also wrote the series "Sharpe" 16 books, Sean Bean played Sharpe in the tv series called Sharpe's Rifles, its set in the Napoleonic Wars.

And Last Kingdom which I also think the books are better but the series is quite good as well.

Further to Bernard Cornwell's "Last Kingdom" series there are 2 more books....

Bk12 "Sword of kings" release date 27/5/20
Bk13 "Warlord" release date 15/10/20....the final battle.

Just for information for those that are interested.

Finished Medici, I knew of the Art Organisation formed in 1908 in England. I have sold vintage Medici prints over the years. Always good quality. The intention was to allow people to buy good printed images of famous artworks from history.
The Medici logo has Lorenzo de Medici pictured who championed art and artists during his era.
I bought an old artist box years ago and inside were numerous Medici prints with thick card backing, dating to perhaps the 1950s. I still have a few left.

Just got into Little Fires and its challenging stuff. It's perhaps a bit chick flickesque but similar to Big Little Lives unsurprisingly which I also enjoyed.