O/T What to watch or do when you're isolated | Page 9 | Vital Football

O/T What to watch or do when you're isolated

Also started Alex Rider, a bit like Joe 90 in real life !! Its for teenagers and young adults but if you get past the first 15 or so minutes of schoolboy crap it gets better. Some good actors in it.

Finished Penny Dreadful USA the other day. Quite interesting. Nothing like the UK one but I think I enjoyed it more. Deals with religion and race tensions more than the supernatiral I expected. A bit glossy and too much dancing in it but worth a look.

Bloodline is quite good. A slow burner. They should have done a 4th season though.

If you are into space and aliens then watch Salvation. Another that was dropped after season 2.

With some top acting talent from our own shores departing the show Westworld has seen a dramatic drop in its fortunes.

Seasons 1 & 2 were both outstanding in terms of their story arc. Season 1 was the slow burner, its drip feed approach always leaving you wanting more & Season 2s quick fire approach was nothing short of an adrenaline ride. Sadly it was all too good to be true.

Season 3 promised so much & yet....regrettably delivered very little. It was dumbed down with some (sorry US & 80) of the most limited US acting i've ever had the misfortune of viewing. Production was ramped up to cover their glaring deficiencies & the storyline took on a scattergun approach which was in turn confusing & incredibly irritating to watch.

Reviews have been far from favourable, so it's difficult to predict if it can survive. With such incredible writing for seasons 1 & 2 its impossible to comprehend how it could've gone so wrong. Needless to say, if they don't make big changes then this incredibly complex show will be destined to the scrapheap for evermore.

What you all been watching lately ?
Just watched The Queens Gambit.
Hidden ( Welsh Drama ).
The Barrier ( Spanish dystopian virus drama)

Curb my enthusiasm...unbelievable improvisation comedy

Billions latest series

Lots of golf including the ladies playing in the
Dubai Moonlight Classic .......under floodlights ...surreal with the skyscrapers and flashing lights in the background like something from Bladerunner, and the constant noise of the traffic from the freeway running along the course and the fact that the flood lights cast weird shadows which interfere with putting and make it difficult to read the borrows. Who in their right mind builds a golf course in a city....Nick Faldo (well he designed it I think)

During the noughties you couldn't possibly escape The Boss aka Mr Gandolfini. I've been rewatching the early episodes of The Sopranos & tbpf nothing comes close to the quality of that show. The man will be sorely missed may he rest in peace.