O/T What did you Learn today ? | Page 3 | Vital Football

O/T What did you Learn today ?

That a nurse friend at my local surgery did a survey of her patients coming in for blood tests/etc and out of 20 that she asked in one day, ...did you use sanitizer before entering the surgery (located at front door) 17 said no we use it on the way out and only three said yes and that they will do so again on the way out...are people that thick? You cannot make these things up!

I knew a few things about Salvador Dali , in particular the repeated coastline which appears in many of his paintings. I always thought this coast was where he lived as an adult. Today I found out it is actually from where he was born and raised. A small town in Spain , Catalan, Figueras and a fishing village Cadaques.

Learnt more about Dali and an insight into the man, his problems and influences. Quite often repeated images from previous paintings will appear in very small form in the distance of another painting sometimes distorted or combined with another image. Almost worth looking into the distance of a Dali painting first rather than the foreground.

What I learned today is that the most interesting word asociated with the English language is the word Fuck, It would appear to be the magical word which, just by its sound can describe pain, pleasure, hate and love.

In our language fuck falls into many grammatical categories e.g as a verb both transitive (John fucked Mary) and intransitive (Mary was fucked by John) or as an adverb (Mary thinks John is fucking smashing) as a noun (Mary is a fine fuck) or an adjective (Mary is fucking lovely).

So there are not many words with the same flexibility and versatility as the word Fuck.

As well as the obvious sexual meanings there are many non sexual examples of its use...here are a few.....

Goodnight to children.....get up those fucking stairs
Hostility......I'll knock your fucking head off
Unserviceable....its fucked
Ignorance.....I'm fucked if I know
Sincerity....I fucking mean it

Can you think of any?

I learned today that Stevie Wonder played harmonica on Elton John’s ‘ I guess that’s why they call it the blues’ ........
And ........ Led Zeps ‘When the levee breaks ‘ was written in 1929 !

Today while looking into the most popular songs from musicals , high up on the list is a song from "Sunday in the park with George "
The George I also learned is George Seurat, a French artist from the Impressionist movement who developed Pointillism, lots of dots rather than strokes of the brush. I have a few Seurat prints that I framed up and like his work. Jake Gilenhall was due to play the lead role of George in one production of the musical. The song is Finishing the Hat and is not my cup of tea particularly although I like the orchestral elements of it.
The show is thought to be resuming in the west end next year with Jake Gilenhall. So if you want to impress a lady, learn about the artist, buy a framed print and take her to the theatre to see the show, then present her with the print afterwards. You cant fail.

I dont like wasps and wondered why they are visiting our newly built ponds. They take on water firstly to drink themselves then take some back to their nest apparently. They need to drink like everyone else, so I will leave them alone. They do eat pest insects and pollinate flowers so they do have their place.