O/T What did you Learn today ? | Page 7 | Vital Football

O/T What did you Learn today ?

I learned just how far to the Left CNN and NBC etc all are. I'm not sure how all the US election bumf is being portrayed in the UK, but most news networks will not cover or show any BLM riots/shooting. assaults etc in democratic states....which is where they're all happening. Nothing positive is ever said about Trump, on how he turned around the US economy, just before CV, how he created jobs for the uneducated and disadvantaged, how he stood up to China before and during CV, and how he really cares for America and the people. I'm not a Trump fan at all, and although he has his flaws like all of us, he does care.

I just find it and insult to our intelligence that we need to stay up late at night to watch Sky New to see the unbiased truth.

I wonder how Lewis Hamilton feels now? The f88king idiot.

Have you heard the breaking news from Chicago today? There is a movement that all have agreed to shoot on sight any police officer that draws his weapon!!!!!

Seriously, is CV really the worst of our problems?

I also learned that Australia biggest CV hotspot (Melbourne, Victoria), which is the cause of Australia's total economic collapse and official recession, due to border closures and CV mismanagement, that 541 less deaths have been recorded for July this year compared to July 2019.

I learned just how far to the Left CNN and NBC etc all are. I'm not sure how all the US election bumf is being portrayed in the UK, but most news networks will not cover or show any BLM riots/shooting. assaults etc in democratic states....which is where they're all happening. Nothing positive is ever said about Trump, on how he turned around the US economy, just before CV, how he created jobs for the uneducated and disadvantaged, how he stood up to China before and during CV, and how he really cares for America and the people. I'm not a Trump fan at all, and although he has his flaws like all of us, he does care.

I just find it and insult to our intelligence that we need to stay up late at night to watch Sky New to see the unbiased truth.

Have you heard the breaking news from Chicago today? There is a movement that all have agreed to shoot on sight any police officer that draws his weapon!!!!!

I also learned that Australia biggest CV hotspot (Melbourne, Victoria), which is the cause of Australia's total economic collapse and official recession, due to border closures and CV mismanagement, that 541 less deaths have been recorded for July this year compared to July 2019.
Agree with that Hod except Sky News over here has jumped on the far left bandwagon....the only alternative view news outlet is Fox News if you can find it...may need to get their app.

A truthful post Hod, am in total agreement with you, esp as my oppo's over there say exactly the same as yourself.

Harri is spot on regards Sky news, a bunch of leftie C's.

Agree with that Hod except Sky News over here has jumped on the far left bandwagon....the only alternative view news outlet is Fox News if you can find it...may need to get their app.

Hi Harri, I have Foxtel, which presents many news shows including CNN. On the Foxtel network, there is Sky News. This is normally on from 7pm -11pm with various brilliant presenters, such as Peta Credlin, Andrew Bolt, Alan Jones, and Paul Murray. They are fantastic and tell it how it is.

Last edited:
Well, Friday morning in Brisbane. Top temp of 25 degrees as we ease out of winter. Over cast, but meant to be fine on Saturday with 27 degrees, so I'll be out fishing from the Jetski.

I shouldn't drink on week nights. Suffering from too much Wild Turkey overproof and a few cans of G&T. Why do I do it?

Just wondering if any of you have listened to Tony Abbott (our Ex PM) speaking in the UK?
I know Sturgeon was not impressed as he discussed some sensitive subjects...that needed to be discussed. She called him a misogynist and homophobic (just because he's Christian and against same sex marriage and gender neutral etc) and she reckons what he said about the elderly was disgusting.

Now I like Tony Abbott, and his views on the elderly were pretty spot on. Without devaluing their lives, he told it how it is. Over 70's are a little more likely to contract and suffer from CV only IF the have underlying health issues, and of course once you get into your 80's , 90's and 100's the chances of survival decrease. These are the facts. 80% of all cases are very mild..FACT, yet we are destroying economies, businesses, industry, and more importantly, peoples mental and physical lives and well being.

We should focus on protecting and saving the vulnerable, and let this virus do it's thing. We can lock ourselves away for years, but when we reappear, the virus will be waiting for us. There were 4000 deaths in Australia last year from Influenza A, and that's with 75% of the pop being vaccinated! We have next to zero cases of Flu this year due to our new practices of washing our hands, zero international and domestic air travel, & maybe social distancing...but many have had CV rather than Flu A.

Is a crane fly a spider then . Didn’t know that !

Correction. They are not spiders, they are related to Mosquitoes so are a fly. They are also not venomous but have been confused with a similar insect that is. My apologies for the misinformation. It was a good wind up for my wife who up until now has tried to help them out then window but turned physco killer against them today. I have assured her the original info was bollox.

Correction. They are not spiders, they are related to Mosquitoes so are a fly. They are also not venomous but have been confused with a similar insect that is. My apologies for the misinformation. It was a good wind up for my wife who up until now has tried to help them out then window but turned physco killer against them today. I have assured her the original info was bollox.
You’ve got a real problem now Nick....she’ll never believe that Mr Wobbly hides his helmet is a treasure hunt!

I’ve always been told and always believed that the crane fly had the most powerful venom in the world but was harmless to humans because of exactly what you said .
today has not been a day I have learned anything . In fact I may have unlearned something .
this is now down to you Nick to do some research and sort this mess out one way or another . Me and your wife are not in a good place at the moment .

I’ve always been told and always believed that the crane fly had the most powerful venom in the world but was harmless to humans because of exactly what you said .
today has not been a day I have learned anything . In fact I may have unlearned something .
this is now down to you Nick to do some research and sort this mess out one way or another . Me and your wife are not in a good place at the moment .

Daddy Long Legs is also a name given to a venomous spider, that's where the confusion started. Our critters are Crane Fly, totally different. They live for a year as grubs then hatch out to propagate for only 15 days. They are thought to only feed on nectar like substances if at all. They dont hurt us, but I enjoyed winding the wife up.