Good Morning Thread | Page 346 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Was it you Walt or Pomp ? Hangs out with dodgy types ? Either way I'm bantering as usual. Imagine me sitting with a pint opposite you with a cheeky grin waiting for the reposte.
Wasn’t me mate , maybe this post has saved you from a rogering !
I can imagine you wearing a pint if you were sitting opposite Pompey at the moment . !!! :rofl::censored:

Wasn’t me mate , maybe this post has saved you from a rogering !
I can imagine you wearing a pint if you were sitting opposite Pompey at the moment . !!! :rofl::censored:

That's me Walt....a bit edgey and near the knuckle and you've been on the end of it. My poor wife has to endure it.
Even her insect bites failed to gain my sympathy.
She got bitten to the top of her chest and said....its a good job it wasn't my nipple.
I said.....20 years ago, it would have been !!
Implying some sinkage has occurred.
She did reply....what like your bollox !!

Thank you Ex.

Mrs Hod is frantically working day and night arranging Zoom Classes to minimize the impact on revenue.
Covid Disaster Plan, which includes Govt grants etc does not open until mid August, however if we reduce (which we'll have to) the staffs' weekly hours to 20 they'll receive $750 p/w from the Federal Govt. Applications for this start this weekend, 1 week into the lockdown.

All our Delta cases in Queensland are people who have not been vaxxed. The low uptake is due to the media airing the conflicting reports about the effects of AZ.

It's driving me mad FFS. Latest stats are 1 in 1 million die from the vaccine, and 1 in 35 are dying from the Delta strain. Our CHO (state) has been pedaling her beliefs that AZ id only for over 60's, whilst ATAGI are saying that 18+ should go out and get AZ after consulting with your GP. We had millions of doses of AZ that were thrown out, due to their expiry date. In juke, the entire country did not order any AZ vaxxes, and only ordered 1000 does in July. 18 months into this and we don't have an exit plan. We can't see the finish line. Our State Govt in Queensland only talks about yesterday and what that will mean for today, nothing about where we're heading or the "end game'.

Zero new cases in the community is a bridge too far and unrealistic. The sooner we learn to adapt and live with this the better. The Delta strain is nasty, but I'm sure there will be another variation raise its ugly head real soon., Then what? More lockdowns!

A rainy Afternoon to you all, miserable but reasonably warm.

Had 2 shocks between yesterday evening and lunch time today.

Shock 1....I told you all the other day about the death of an oppo of ours, well some details/info have come out from his Missus and Daughter, proving you just do not know what goes on behind closed doors, Mrs PY and myself were/are shocked at the revelations, will not go into details but you will all get my drift.

Shock 2....Up the EVille having a brew and coffee with a couple of oppo's we noticed/spotted one of our other oppo's coming along with his missus, on getting to us he completely ignored us, his missus let him walk on and explained it was a test by her bringing him out, cos he had spent a month in the QA with Covid, has been out about 5 months now.

Regards us lot, he never recconised us, doesn't remember us, which is so sad cos a couple of the lads served in the same Regiment as him, apparently he is the same with his 3 grown up kids, all got families of their own, and treating em like strangers!

She went further to say, you all remember ? before the Covid, fit, jack the lad, always up for a laugh, well he came out and is a completely different person, like its all been washed away, it's as if he has developed Dimentia, I cannot express in words how we all felt but did offer her any help in anyway she wanted it, we all said almost in unison we never leave a man behind.

Sorry if it is boring peops, but other than Mrs PY, she is ill enough on its own, I have nobody else to drip to, so thank you all for reading and putting up with me.

Now am wondering what the fcuk is next!

Have a great rest off day, keep safe, keep smiling and keep up any good work you all do.

PY, I have a lump in my throat after reading your post. Must have been awful to see and old mate not recognize you, and terrible for his family. Does sound very much like a form of dementia. I guess we're just starting to see the initial stages of life after Covid and may never know the true extent of the long term effects for a while.

"never leave a man behind". You're a great bunch of guys, and your VS family are honored to have you as one of our own. Don't ever think you're boring any of us. This is the reason for this thread. It has put many things in perspective over the last 18 months, as football has taken a back seat, and should continue to do so whilst we all deal with our new lives.

Love and best wishes to yourself and the wonderful Mrs PY.

Thank you Ex.

Mrs Hod is frantically working day and night arranging Zoom Classes to minimize the impact on revenue.
Covid Disaster Plan, which includes Govt grants etc does not open until mid August, however if we reduce (which we'll have to) the staffs' weekly hours to 20 they'll receive $750 p/w from the Federal Govt. Applications for this start this weekend, 1 week into the lockdown.

All our Delta cases in Queensland are people who have not been vaxxed. The low uptake is due to the media airing the conflicting reports about the effects of AZ.

It's driving me mad FFS. Latest stats are 1 in 1 million die from the vaccine, and 1 in 35 are dying from the Delta strain. Our CHO (state) has been pedaling her beliefs that AZ id only for over 60's, whilst ATAGI are saying that 18+ should go out and get AZ after consulting with your GP. We had millions of doses of AZ that were thrown out, due to their expiry date. In juke, the entire country did not order any AZ vaxxes, and only ordered 1000 does in July. 18 months into this and we don't have an exit plan. We can't see the finish line. Our State Govt in Queensland only talks about yesterday and what that will mean for today, nothing about where we're heading or the "end game'.

Zero new cases in the community is a bridge too far and unrealistic. The sooner we learn to adapt and live with this the better. The Delta strain is nasty, but I'm sure there will be another variation raise its ugly head real soon., Then what? More lockdowns!
PY, I have a lump in my throat after reading your post. Must have been awful to see and old mate not recognize you, and terrible for his family. Does sound very much like a form of dementia. I guess we're just starting to see the initial stages of life after Covid and may never know the true extent of the long term effects for a while.

"never leave a man behind". You're a great bunch of guys, and your VS family are honored to have you as one of our own. Don't ever think you're boring any of us. This is the reason for this thread. It has put many things in perspective over the last 18 months, as football has taken a back seat, and should continue to do so whilst we all deal with our new lives.

Easy on there NRD. PY is going through some very tough times. I know you didn't mean anything untoward, but let's support our fellow Yids and friends through these unthinkable times.
Some tragic , powerful , empathetic and thoughtful posts there Hod .
Absolutely nothing I can add , you have said it all .
I just hope you and Mrs Hod get something that goes your way soon .

Thank you Ex.

Two anti-vaxxers paid the price in the last 48 hours:

https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/06/anti...id-after-mocking-people-getting-jab-15048089/

In my local trust 40% of those in critical care are between 20-35; none have been vaccinated, it's like given what we know so far that half of those will die.

The stats on deaths related to vaccines here is more like 1:10 million once you strip out people who are above 70 and had underlying conditions and in those beneath 70 only 2 was without a known underlying condition.

I know it's hard to sort the wheat out from the chaff, especially when the issue of blood clots (which the anti-vaxxers tried to latch onto) shows that incidence is now less that pre-covid vaccines in the UK - i.e. what would have naturally occured.

We now have a fight on our hands to persuade children/teenagers and younger people to get the vaccine - as they are now and have been for sometime the prime transmission vector.

Last edited:
Didn't you have another mate that was leading a double life and turned out to be a git. ? Makes me wonder about your choice of buddies.
Haha what a knob you are, me the same probably, but all I was saying is that you do not know what goes on behind closed doors.

For example you make out your a goody two shoes, for all we know you could be a right ?. Mind I doubt that you are, but who knows!

We only know peops from the impressions we get, and yes we make mistakes, we all can't be as perfect as you Nick lol!

Hod, thanks for that, it is so hard to describe the feeling of long time oppo not recognising you, and how the two, who actually served with him in the same regiment, felt are feeling I can only imagine, it was bad enough for the rest of us.

"never leave a man behind", you can add woman to that now, that's a motto we all live by, any help/assistance any time anywhere, we are Vets proud ex-servicemen.

Thanks again mate, esp for making the time with the problems you and Er indoors are currently suffering with, keep working hard.

Mrs PY said tell that Hoddle geezer he is a gem, and sends her love.

Two anti-vaxxers paid the price in the last 48 hours:

https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/06/anti...id-after-mocking-people-getting-jab-15048089/

In my local trust 40% of those in critical care are between 20-35; none have been vaccinated, it's like given what we know so far that half of those will die.

The stats on deaths related to vaccines here is more like 1:10 million once you strip out people who are above 70 and had underlying conditions and in those beneath 70 only 2 was without a known underlying condition.

I know it's hard to sort the wheat out from the chaff, especially when the issue of blood clots (which the anti-vaxxers tried to latch onto) shows that incidence is now less that pre-covid vaccines in the UK - i.e. what would have naturally occured.

We here now have a fight on our hands to persuade children/teenagers and younger people to get the vaccine - as they are now and have been for sometime the prime transmission vector.
How right you are Ex.

Regards the nippers, we! our cuppa group, 90% ex-servicemen, are quite proud of ourselves, because we get a number of todays nippers come n have chat with us, you know regards being in the military and any stories/adventures we can tell em, well it appears all of them, 8 in number I think, are going for their jabs, great news eh! just a start.

Haha what a knob you are, me the same probably, but all I was saying is that you do not know what goes on behind closed doors.

For example you make out your a goody two shoes, for all we know you could be a right ?. Mind I doubt that you are, but who knows!

We only know peops from the impressions we get, and yes we make mistakes, we all can't be as perfect as you Nick lol!

I didn't say I was perfect, I'm a wrongun and I'm good at spotting them.
I'm just having some banter, that's 2 mates pulled the wool over your eyes. !!

I didn't say I was perfect, I'm a wrongun and I'm good at spotting them.
I'm just having some banter, that's 2 mates pulled the wool over your eyes. !!
Oh! I agree Nick, I am obviously up for a lesson on how to spot an oppo pulling the wool over my eyes, learnt nowt in all my years, will pass the lesson on to my other oppo's who also got fooled.

I do know a wrongun can spot em a mile off, but sometimes making first time judgements can be so wrong/embarrassing, and I for one know that, as I get judged all the time because of appearance etc, big bloke, long hair, covered in tats, ooh! he is a bully/thug etc, though according to Mrs PY and oppo's I have a great heart and is really a big teddy bear.

Great banter mate, it would take a lot more to get me to rise, then its ?.

I did my good deed today and contributed £ 15 to the Mind Charity. I went into one of their charity shops and spotted a large 1960s teak mirror hidden behind some crap ones. No price on it. I asked how much....£ 15 the old lady said.
I walked away with a mirror worth £ 150 and helped a charity.
Earlier I picked up 2 King George VI folding directors chairs, possibly military or Royal use. Stamped GR VI with a crown. Very rare. £ 10 each, worth over £ 100 each. Date to 1940s/ 50s, possibly WW2.
Later I'm picking up a van load of mid century teak furniture from an old lady, I'm paying her asking price, not even bidding her.

Oh! I agree Nick, I am obviously up for a lesson on how to spot an oppo pulling the wool over my eyes, learnt nowt in all my years, will pass the lesson on to my other oppo's who also got fooled.

I do know a wrongun can spot em a mile off, but sometimes making first time judgements can be so wrong/embarrassing, and I for one know that, as I get judged all the time because of appearance etc, big bloke, long hair, covered in tats, ooh! he is a bully/thug etc, though according to Mrs PY and oppo's I have a great heart and is really a big teddy bear.

Great banter mate, it would take a lot more to get me to rise, then its ?.

Glad you took it the right way, I think Walt and Hodd were a bit worried.

I have gone full Nuno with my beard this morning. I was pretty much there anyway but I have brushed it straight down instead of slightly curved outwards. I have the grey chin and sides like Roy Keane but still mostly dark.
I have a slap head grade 1 cut.
So think Nuno think me, I do look like him, especially if I get a tan.
But I'm going to do a Tom Huddlestone and shave the beard off if Nuno fails.

Mentioning Tom reminds me Michael Dawson has become a Spurs ambassador, working for the club again alongside Ledley.
He is perhaps a little more articulate than Ledders ?

I have gone full Nuno with my beard this morning. I was pretty much there anyway but I have brushed it straight down instead of slightly curved outwards. I have the grey chin and sides like Roy Keane but still mostly dark.
I have a slap head grade 1 cut.
So think Nuno think me, I do look like him, especially if I get a tan.
But I'm going to do a Tom Huddlestone and shave the beard off if Nuno fails.
I must admit i did have a good chuckle at that.