Good Morning Thread | Page 312 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Not happy today. Shop flooded, roof is knackered. Only really happens with torrential rain. Stock in danger. We covered up what we could but who knows what we will walk into in the morning !!

That's shit NRD. Hopefully you get that sorted.

Spent the day in Wells today. Englands smallest City.

Absolutely stunning. Will do the HotFuzz tour next month.

Good morning all
It seems to be a bit drier out there today . Who ordered all that rain . Well and truly cattle trucked all my plans on the weed patch that once was a thriving produce laden oasis of calm in a mad mad woke filled world .
Woke ………..

Apparently ‘breastfeeding’ is on the list of things I can’t say anymore, . I am obliged in future to say Chest-feeding !!!!!
Men don’t have breasts apparently .
So it’s not ‘Inclusive ‘

What the fuck !!!!!

Mother hood ,………… and Father hood ? Ah …… you mean “parenthood”
It’s inclusive you see ….. parenthood includes both of the buggers . You can’t upset one of them ……
., if you say , motherhood suits you darling , I’m so happy you are breastfeeding our gorgeous baby girl ,she looks so lovely …….pretty soon you are going to be locked up in a gender neutral bio cell to protect personkind from your kind of thought processes .

And I say to myself ,,,,, it’s a wonderful world !

Are they serious ….. these pricks ? …., am I allowed to say that , ……these gender neutral sexual organs of a person with dangly outside bits .
The Oxford Dictionary is going to be interesting soon . Will they be allowed to call it a Dictionary? It’s sailing a bit close to the wind if you ask me .

Mothers Day cards have got to come off the shelves next week . Fathers Day is a non event in our household,

Christmas will have to be rewritten , good king Wenceslas is out of the window , three wise men ,…… you having a larf ? …
Good Friday ….. you mean Good Last working 24 hour period of the week before the 24 hour hour period named after the revered person Saturn . ….. you know the one , the one that is currently being investigated in case he or she was a racist .

Anyone think I’m rambling ??????? Just you wait .

Why do you think we can’t employ a new Manager .
Think about it .
Now if we wanted a new Personager ,, The buggers would be falling out of the trees .

Look after each other , im going for a lay down , it’s been a busy week .

I am fortunate (if that’s the right word!) to be a season ticket holder and I have just appreciated part of the Spurs relationships work. It happens to be my 74th birthday today and I have just taken a call from Gary Mabbutt to wish me a happy birthday. What a lovely surprise! We chatted for about 5 minutes across various issues including my views on last season, our new manager scenario as well as family and health stuff.
I gave my views on last season which were, with 67 years experience of watching our team, to say I was unimpressed and pleased that JM and his style of play, which did not suit the players available to him, had now gone. We were so poor on the second half of the season. As for the manager he said it was an unusual situation to be in with so many blind alleys ( my paraphrasing) and I said I was disappointed that Ten Haag who plays our way and brings young players along, giving them a chance, had not been appointed. Before I could mention Potter he said that there has been a submission to suggest a 3 way appointment of Klinsmann, Ledley and Gary Mabbutt to take on the role! We called off at that point laughing together. I don’t think he was serious………….LOL!!!

I am fortunate (if that’s the right word!) to be a season ticket holder and I have just appreciated part of the Spurs relationships work. It happens to be my 74th birthday today and I have just taken a call from Gary Mabbutt to wish me a happy birthday. What a lovely surprise! We chatted for about 5 minutes across various issues including my views on last season, our new manager scenario as well as family and health stuff.
I gave my views on last season which were, with 67 years experience of watching our team, to say I was unimpressed and pleased that JM and his style of play, which did not suit the players available to him, had now gone. We were so poor on the second half of the season. As for the manager he said it was an unusual situation to be in with so many blind alleys ( my paraphrasing) and I said I was disappointed that Ten Haag who plays our way and brings young players along, giving them a chance, had not been appointed. Before I could mention Potter he said that there has been a submission to suggest a 3 way appointment of Klinsmann, Ledley and Gary Mabbutt to take on the role! We called off at that point laughing together. I don’t think he was serious………….LOL!!!
Happy birthday.

That was a nice touch from the club. Gary was always a classy guy.

What a great story.

Wow , 54 , what a brilliant post …… thanks for sharing that , what a great story .
Also , I’d like to wish you a very happy birthday mate :bday::party::party::cheers::party:

67 years following our great club , no matter what happens .
That is incredible . :bow:
Do you still go every home game ?

Married fifty years , Spurs supporter for 67 years , you must have the patience of that proverbial saint , ( not Greavsie ! )
I am in awe mate . I hope you have a brilliant weekend .

there is an added bonus to your post , at least I know now I’m not the oldest coffin dodger on here . !!!!!!!!
:rofl:

Wow , 54 , what a brilliant post …… thanks for sharing that , what a great story .
Also , I’d like to wish you a very happy birthday mate :bday::party::party::cheers::party:

67 years following our great club , no matter what happens .
That is incredible . :bow:
Do you still go every home game ?

Married fifty years , Spurs supporter for 67 years , you must have the patience of that proverbial saint , ( not Greavsie ! )
I am in awe mate . I hope you have a brilliant weekend .
there is an added bonus to your post , at least I know now I’m not the oldest coffin dodger on here . !!!!!!!!
:rofl:

Thank you for your good wishes Walt and indeed thanks to all of you who have done the same. Yes we still go to just about every home game or we did till Covid curtailed our excesses! And yes you are reprieved as the oldest coffin dodger on here! Indeed I have a hunch that I may not be too as (please forgive me if I’m wrong) I think Fevvers may be the shining light there.
Enjoy your day. I hope your allotment isn’t as soggy as mine. Went over this morning - wow what a strawberry pick. Didn’t weigh them but must be over 2kg. Perfect for the family BBQ this pm.
Keep your posts going Walt. I love them as do I think just about all of us on here!

Afternoon all, its a bit moody down ere weaver wise.

Mrs PY had another jaunt out the front today, think an ambulance turning up at a neighbour down the road contributed to the walk, was she being nosey? neighbourhood watch and all that.

My poor oppo is still in the QA, they still will not release him until the Council or Housing Association give him a ground floor flat, as you can imagine he aint very happy.

The oppo I told you about a couple of days go, you know him with all the different stories not adding up, well I decided to pay him a visit to see what's up.

Greeted me with excitement, asked me in, made me a coffee, so not mentioning anything Mrs PY and myself had heard, I asked him generally what's up? why was he ignoring me? etc

It seem as an 89 year old he said he was flustered/worried and in his words in a fcuking mess, 2 things had happened....Kitchen floor had collapsed, caved in again! this occurring after he had had it all repaired through his Home Ins', a while ago, not sure of the timing, it seems after discovering the first time his washing machine had leaked for god knows how long, Ins appointed a builders/repair men, who had duely bodged it, thus the the collapse of the floor.

So he got a mate in to re-do all the works, joices, floor boarding, re-tiling, the new geezer took photos and has written a letter to the Ins Co informing of the original bodge up.

The other problem is/was that his bank are doing away with personal tellers and all his business is to be done by machines, apparently it frightened the shit out of him, thus visiting the bank everyday for around 2 weeks, but now he seems a lot more confident, so that's a weight off of my mind.

I did and will not mention anything I heard regards him n his family, I do not think he would be able to take it, thus allowing him to be happy in his invented Walter Mitty world.

I did ask him why he didn't ask me for help, he said....you have enough probs with your lovely wife without adding mine, my reply was....I have bloody broad shoulders so do not hesitate to ask if you have a problem again.

Cheers for now, still keep keeping being safe, look after yourselves, kin n oppo's.

Cheers NRD. I'm proud that I can say I'm an honest trustworthy person. I'm proud of my children and my unbelievable wife.

Sure I've done things in my past that I'm not proud of, but I've never been on the unemployment benefits, always paid my taxes and will do anything for anyone.

I am however disappointed about some cards I've been dealt over the years, however, grateful for each day I waken up.
I've never even tried smoking, yet I have extremely serious asthma. I was always a very fit, fast striker and winger, even when I was prescribed and was taking steroids' each day to stay alive. 20 years ago, things turned bad, and years of taking pred soon caught up with me and I simply piled on the weight.

Went from 78kg to 110kg in no time at all. :blah::blah::blah:

Your new anthem.

Thank you for your good wishes Walt and indeed thanks to all of you who have done the same. Yes we still go to just about every home game or we did till Covid curtailed our excesses! And yes you are reprieved as the oldest coffin dodger on here! Indeed I have a hunch that I may not be too as (please forgive me if I’m wrong) I think Fevvers may be the shining light there.
Enjoy your day. I hope your allotment isn’t as soggy as mine. Went over this morning - wow what a strawberry pick. Didn’t weigh them but must be over 2kg. Perfect for the family BBQ this pm.
Keep your posts going Walt. I love them as do I think just about all of us on here!
When you say "we", 54, is that your wife who goes with you?

Happy Birthday 54! :bday:

Farters day folks......my 'kids' send me sarkey cards and sweets I do not like....what a luverly bunch!.....e.g a box of 12 Crunchies ...great for sticking to yer teeth and engratiating the gunge into your fillings.....waht happened to a nice craft beer or two?, ha ha...still it shows they still think of me, in a strange sort of way! Having said that one of them sent me a nice Havanna cigar which I will enjoy later with a nice 15 year old malt....mmmmmm

Weather dry but overcast and dull in the East.....but the grass has recovered from the dry spell and no longer looks like the golf course at Wolf Creek!

Watching the highlights of the US open day 3 this morning.....Torry Pines course is quite interesting, would not mind a round there one day! Rory has got himself nicely into contention for the final day with a second round 67 although Mr Wolff looks omminous and on a roll, as does Mr De Beau de Jolie Champagne or similar! (he won it last year of course)

Gonna be rooting for Wales later today.....Gareth to score BUT not from the spot!

Spain looked like a rebuild waiting to happen last night and the poles did well to come back and get a point, courtesy of their only world class player, Lendussomedoshyplease

Anyway have a great farters day everyone ...beans on toast for lunch for me and a curry later so I will be helping the Hydrogen Generation Strategy.....oops wrong thread (place in 13 years to unlimited energy please)

:smoke: