Good Morning Thread | Page 311 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Anyways morning to you all, it is a beauty weaver wise down ere on top of the hill.

Just finished assisting Mrs PY with her daily jaunt down our drive, she is really progressing with her phobia, an chuffed to bits for her and very proud with it.

She had a look at the Azalia I planted for her at the weekend, her comment was "don't it look healthy after yesterday", cos I had said it looked knackered, her response to me was "flood it with water later, put more on than you are", so I flooded it once it was in the shade, hey presto she was right again, don't yer just love know all's lol!

All for now oppo's am off up the shit hole! sorry Ville, got some chores to do, oh also have a cuppa with some oppos, putting Spurs n the world to rights.

Keep you and your safe, you know it makes sense.

Following on from Walt...it is fair to say that this site and the variety of mature and immature people posting especially in the good morning thread and to be honest it is a great friendly site. We seem to be endowed with a humourous, understanding compassionate and might I say, a unique community here.

A problem shared......

It is a treasure and a free therapy course for those needing it in these difficult times.

We are one and we are Vital

Shame our team does not have the comradeship and oneness we seem to have developed together on here over the years.

Long may this continue to evolve and grow in years to come....

Greavsie circa 15th June in the year of our humanity 2021

Last edited:
So true 80'.

I'm taking prednisolone (10mg) every day, however, back in 1988 the docs prescribed 25mg per day, every day. This was before the real side effects of pred were known. So I took 25mg every day for about 15 years, without any weight gain, then BANG! I crashed an off road buggy and banged myself up, then basically overnight the effects of years on pred finally showed its ugly face and I piled on weight overnight without changing my lifestyle.

I can't walk in the mornings as I sweat so much that when I shower after exercise I sweat for hours. But I must start walking again in the evening. I guess this will help with my sleep and metabolism etc. I swim a lot during the warmer months which is about 8 months of the year. Usually do a few klms in laps at night and during the days on weekends. Our pool is only 11m x 4.8 but it does the job.

Thanks for the motivation 80'. I'm sorry to hear about your asthma. What steroids are you taking?
For my asthma, I also get 2 injections of a drug named Xolair every 2 weeks. Thank God the Govt subsidizes this are they are $2000 per shot, i.e $8000 per month.

I do have days when I take carrots, celery and cucumber to work, along with a few cashews, almonds and walnuts. I just don't seem to have the energy to prepare this every day as I don't sleep well. I sleep with a CPAP machine every night, but have insomnia as well as sleep apnea.

Now I'm boring everyone so I'll shut up.

Mate, I really do appreciate the uplifting words and the encouragement to make changes. Thanks 80'. Look after yourself.

I don't really want to discuss this but here is my response: Your battle is against lung capacity. It's that simple. That is how I have approached it all my life because I'll be damned if I'm letting it dominate me.

Everything you do should be focussed on increasing your lung capacity. And that just so happens to fall in line with being fit and eating well. All that will dramatically reduce your reliance on drugs.

No excuse. No whining. It's your life.

Following on from Walt...it is fair to say that this site and the variety of mature and immature people posting especially in the good morning thread and to be honest it is a great friendly. We seem to be endowed with a humourous, understanding compassionate and might I say, a unique community here.

A problem shared......

It is a treasure and a free therapy course for those needing it in these difficult times.

We are one and we are Vital

Shame our team does not have the comradeship and oneness we seem to have developed together on here over the years.

Long may this continue to evolve and grow in years to come....

Greavsie circa 15th June in the year of our humanity 2021
Greavsie, a very good post, your a poet and don't noet! who's immature by the way lol!

Good morning all . The weather again is beautiful in Walt land this morning.
Reading all the above , the effects of Covid are far more reaching and damaging than is being reported.
The daily briefings are bad enough , but it is going far further than that .

Greavsie , we had a similar experience to you with two of our grandchildren last year when on the school summer holidays .
Both parents work full time , and when they need someone in to look after them during the day, they have a perfectly good Rota where no one ( grandparents , friends etc ) are “used” more than anybody else .
We wanted to have them at our place so we could take them out . although there wasn’t much open , obviously .
They insisted on staying at home , so we went round to their house .
They were 10 ( girl )and 7 ( boy) ….. we didn’t see them all day . We got there at nine o clock , they came down from their bedrooms , said hello , hugs and all that , went back upstairs on their laptops , games etc ,….. came down for lunch , and went back up until our daughter came home at around 3-30. …….. we were bored stiff …… Luckily they had sky sports !

Hod , mate , I am so sorry about your conditions . I don’t really know what to say , anything I do say isn’t really going to help .
Mate …. You give everyone on here your best wishes all the time .
I can only say that when you have sent your wishes , prayers and thoughts to my wife and me over our “ troubles “ it HAS REALLY HELPED .
I mean that , sincerely .

When people on here are concerned and send messages of support , it means so much more than I can say .

Ex , RD ,with their DMs ,…. Greavsie , 80, Pompey , Nick , 54, US .,Vinnie, SE , , everyone ….. the list goes on and on , wonderful thoughts from wonderful people .

So I’m sending my heartfelt support to you so that you may find a way forward and out of the situations you are in .

“I aint got a solution mate , but I admire your problem . “

I had that on my desk when I was at work , it’s in my garage now , takes pride of place and helps when I have got a problem , it makes me smile .

Something else that makes me smile are two thoughts

When a woman walks down the garden and there is a football that has been left on the lawn , she will walk past it .
A man will always kick it .!

We know when we are getting older , as men , when we walk around a puddle instead of walking through it .

We have such a diverse community on here it really helps in so many ways , it has helped us that’s for sure .
I love the genuineness of it all .
Am I waffling now ?
not like me !
Take care all , look after each other.

Worse things happen at sea ,…. as my dear old grandad always said ! …… fuck being out there .

Well, I don't mind saying I have a tear in my eye after reading that Walt. It takes a lot to make me come over all emotional.

I see it not so much as problems, but more as challenges. To have the best wishes of my mates on here is a feeling that words would not do justice.

There has been a few positive things to come from Covid, and this camaraderie is truly one to cherish.

Great to hear Mrs Walt and your good self are feeling my heart felt and genuine prayers, not to forget the best wishes from other members of this wonderful Spurs Family Community we have built. Never has it been so strong.

When our international borders are open, I'd love us all to arrange a 'get together' in a nice pub somewhere in the UK. The first round would definitely be on me.:cheers:

Mrs Walt is certainly a very blessed woman.

I am not sure Hodd wants or needs sympathy. Most of us can look back at our lives and decide if we are happy. Hodd has a large family, seems financially secure and lives in a nice part of the world.
I'm not getting into a Monty Python scenario about cardboard boxes.
Hodd can ask himself, is he proud of his life ?

Cheers NRD. I'm proud that I can say I'm an honest trustworthy person. I'm proud of my children and my unbelievable wife.

Sure I've done things in my past that I'm not proud of, but I've never been on the unemployment benefits, always paid my taxes and will do anything for anyone.

I am however disappointed about some cards I've been dealt over the years, however, grateful for each day I waken up.
I've never even tried smoking, yet I have extremely serious asthma. I was always a very fit, fast striker and winger, even when I was prescribed and was taking steroids' each day to stay alive. 20 years ago, things turned bad, and years of taking pred soon caught up with me and I simply piled on the weight.

Went from 78kg to 110kg in no time at all. :blah::blah::blah:

Afternoon all, weaver down ere beautiful again, very warm, but according the forecasters a storm is on the horizon, short I hope, bit of rain then back warm again, that'll do me.

Now all you advisors out there what do you think of this...
I have had this oppo for about 25 years, he's about 16 yrs older than me, met him in the gym, gave him advice regards training because he was still running marathons then, but over time hips n knees have stopped all that.

Anyways I had/have a high regard and respect for him, but over the last 10 or so days he has been ignoring myself and and our little click of oppo's, so yesterday Mrs PY contacted his daughter by e-mail, ring me back as I/we are concerned about your Dad, which she did, but had no idea who Mrs PY was, so quickly told her who she was, as in my wife, also thanked her for all the goodies she had been sending her, to get I did not know of you, though I knew of you hubby, and did not send you anything, shocks all round by both women.

The daughter went on to say I am not his daughter but he did marry my mum, god rest her sole, he never brought me up, but went on further to tell Mrs PY stuff that just did not back up anything we had been told/learnt from him over the past 25 years, the lies, make believe, fables, fairy stories, very Jeckyl n Hyde.
We were told that one of his actual daughter's had died of Breast Cancer 2 years ago, not a word about it from my oppo, to me who he calls his best mate, bodyguard lol! strange!
So much was said it was/is unbelievable, even when we described our oppo the step-daughter said that just does not sound like the geezer she knows, who by the way does visit her regular, and speaks highly of her, this so weird.

Mrs PY and myself sat there at our dining table gobsmacked, speechless to a degree, saying that just does not sound like the oppo we know, but as I said he has put himself out to ignore me and my cronies, who he knows also, for the last 10 days.

I am now sat in a position, that I really have never been in before and really do not now what to do, I said to Mrs PY, think I will just keep my gob shut, and try and find out if our oppo is suffering from some sort on mental breakdown.

Sorry about all that peops, just had to write something down, sharing a problem is a problem halved I hope.

Cheers all, have a good rest of day and keep looking after yourselves, kin and oppo's.

Afternoon all, weaver down ere beautiful again, very warm, but according the forecasters a storm is on the horizon, short I hope, bit of rain then back warm again, that'll do me.

Now all you advisors out there what do you think of this...
I have had this oppo for about 25 years, he's about 16 yrs older than me, met him in the gym, gave him advice regards training because he was still running marathons then, but over time hips n knees have stopped all that.

Anyways I had/have a high regard and respect for him, but over the last 10 or so days he has been ignoring myself and and our little click of oppo's, so yesterday Mrs PY contacted his daughter by e-mail, ring me back as I/we are concerned about your Dad, which she did, but had no idea who Mrs PY was, so quickly told her who she was, as in my wife, also thanked her for all the goodies she had been sending her, to get I did not know of you, though I knew of you hubby, and did not send you anything, shocks all round by both women.

The daughter went on to say I am not his daughter but he did marry my mum, god rest her sole, he never brought me up, but went on further to tell Mrs PY stuff that just did not back up anything we had been told/learnt from him over the past 25 years, the lies, make believe, fables, fairy stories, very Jeckyl n Hyde.
We were told that one of his actual daughter's had died of Breast Cancer 2 years ago, not a word about it from my oppo, to me who he calls his best mate, bodyguard lol! strange!
So much was said it was/is unbelievable, even when we described our oppo the step-daughter said that just does not sound like the geezer she knows, who by the way does visit her regular, and speaks highly of her, this so weird.

Mrs PY and myself sat there at our dining table gobsmacked, speechless to a degree, saying that just does not sound like the oppo we know, but as I said he has put himself out to ignore me and my cronies, who he knows also, for the last 10 days.

I am now sat in a position, that I really have never been in before and really do not now what to do, I said to Mrs PY, think I will just keep my gob shut, and try and find out if our oppo is suffering from some sort on mental breakdown.

Sorry about all that peops, just had to write something down, sharing a problem is a problem halved I hope.

Cheers all, have a good rest of day and keep looking after yourselves, kin and oppo's.

Are you really Agatha Christie PY, floating a thread for your new novel!!!?

I think there is little more you can do but to let it play out frankly. However I did have one thought in that you could invite his daughter down for a cuppa so that she can confirm you are both talking about the same chap and then when he sees you all together with her it may break the pattern and bring him back into the fold. Please keep us all posted! And good luck in getting to the bottom of it!

Are you really Agatha Christie PY, floating a thread for your new novel!!!?

I think there is little more you can do but to let it play out frankly. However I did have one thought in that you could invite his daughter down for a cuppa so that she can confirm you are both talking about the same chap and then when he sees you all together with her it may break the pattern and bring him back into the fold. Please keep us all posted! And good luck in getting to the bottom of it!
Ha ha Agatha Christie, I wish lol!

Yes that's a petty good idea, problem is his step-daughter lives in Devon. Though it could also go the other way and break him.
We know we are talking about the same geezer, because everything else ties in, his nickname for me, his high regard for Mrs PY, though not telling anyone her name, which is odd, his favourite music/musician blah blah!

We have started to make a list of the way we go forward on this, personally I think he has made up a Walter Mitty fairy tale perfect world to counteract his shameful, not so good a dad and past, though I could just be thinking out of my arse lol!

There is no way I am going to embarrass the man! so will just keep investigating.

Wet morning, hot weather respite, plants and grass smiling profusely in our parts!

thunder and lighting, a rarity in the east during the night!

Aussie trade deal...we seem to have exported millions of mice over to them, wonder what they will do in return? Boris says it marks a new DaRwIn for our relationships ...

Good onya Wales....

Someone please tell Levy and co that the transfer window is open!

If we do nothing in bringing players in, we had better get rid of Brain Dead and the other old hanger on dross as a minimum, notice how many clubs are swooning over the thought of getting their mitts on our players! queuing up at the gates

Wife out so have alist of chores to do before I can play my records and chill!

Have a goodyun...come on Friday and the Scooots, lets be avin ya!

Morning all, a bit damp n cloudy down these parts, had some rain over night! could be more on its way, well according to our always right weaver forecasters lol!

A battle of Azalias has started between Mrs PY and myself lol!, as you probably remember I planted one out the front for her, afterwards it was all droopy and dieing and she said flood it with water daily they love it, which I did, hey presto a beautiful lively plant has arrived, I said it looked better than her's in the rear garden, well that was it, she took the bait, battle has commenced lol!

Mind I have to commend her on her Banana plant she planted 24 years ago, it is a 8ft tall, spritely green with 9 dull coloured flower's on it, it does look stupendous, she is so so green fingered, peops bring their dieing plants around to her, in days back full of life.

Anyways folks as Greavsie said have a goodyun. might be back later.

Pomp it is lucky you dont have a phobia about phobias eh!
To be honest Greavsie, in all my years I really didn't take note or notice of complaints regards Phobia's, I really could not understand fears of spiders etc just naming that one, on realising how bad they are, ie Mrs PY and going out side the front door, I am really ashamed of myself.
As I said prior never to old to learn.

The weaver, pissin down has stopped Mrs PY have a jaunt outside, another Phobia of gettin wet eh! lol! only kidding.

I have been up the Ville this morning, Friday duties, pissin down, no market except for a couple of stalls today.

Keep safe all. tata for now.

Chores were completed before lunch,,,so this afternoon playing a variety of sounds as weather shite...., LPs I never had but acquired recently....Genesis (Foxtrot lp), Knebworth '90 double album (including Floyd, Robert Plant Elton Dire Straits Mcartney Quo to name a few),

Joe Walsh (But Seriously Folks!)
Atomic Rooster IV,
Kraftwerk (Autobahn)
Greenslade (Greenslade) ...

A right mix but many great sounds ....a few more gonna be played as I supp my speckled hens (that beer for you uninitiated ha ha ) before watching us trounce the Scots 1-0 ..Harry Kane penalty....before the Scots wreck the Wembley pitch again!
HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND FOLKS

Last edited: