Good Morning Thread | Page 219 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Great day today ..

My wife has just had the results of the Biopsy’s and CT Scans she went for ten days ago and they have all come back as clear .

Tears of Joy in our house at the moment .

She is on the phone to the family .

They don’t want to see her again for a year for the CT Scan......

and three years for the camera up there where the sun doesn’t shine .

Kin pubs would be shut , wouldn’t they !!! :party::wahey::wahey::wahey::wahey::wahey::party: ....................:party:

Biggest thank you ever to the Surgeon ,the anaesthetists , the pain control doctors , the nurses , all of them , and all the support staff at that wonderful hospital , and every one there who kept me in touch with everything whilst I couldn’t visit her . :bow:
That's absolutely brilliant Walt, great news for Mrs Walt and you, not to mention us lot who were waiting with bated breath, with a massive phew! excellent.

As me, Mrs PY sends her love and thumbs up.

First week of a supposedly 2 week lockdown out the way, I don't think anyone actually thinks it's only going to be two weeks but fingers crossed.
Still it's not affecting my morning routine, it's the afternoons that flecked up. Still it's safer here at the minute than in UK, hopefully I'll be in line to get vaccine sometime in March.
Good news about your wife Walt, just something I think you may find amusing Walt. I went for lunch the last day before lockdown with a friend at a rather nice restaurant in the port area, started chatting with a couple at the next table. It transpire that he grew up in Walthamstow, so of course we started reminiscing about some old haunts like 'Charlie Chan' the 'Flanagans'.
Talk about coincidences, anyhow you all have a great day.
P.S. just out of interest, any of you guys been vaccinated yet?

Afternoon all, cloudy, miserable a bit rainy, windy everything but sun or snow, down this way.

Walt, Mrs PY and myself had 3 lots of chin chins to Mrs Walt and yourself last night, me and my Woods and Mrs PY and her spiced rum.

I did watch the cricket highlights last night, some excellent stuff from both sides esp their left hand spinner whatsisname!

Tops no vaccs for me yet, am only a baby lol!

Keep safe, keep smiling, keep grinning and keep your eyes peeled cos they are still about.

So glad the super rich can jump the covid vaccine queues by flying to the gulf or Goa and staying three weeks so they can get both the jabs withinn the recommended window. Glad they can loop hole the flight closures and isolation that every one else has to deal with. Good on em, they deserve it and we all know without the rich there would be no poor people eh!

I have investigated the options for us poorer folk, and I found an agent in Ilford who organises trips to the Isle of Dogs where I hear you can get a des res 3 week stay in a prefab for £15 squid a night,,,,and whats more A JAB A DAY ........mind you the jabs cost £50 a dig, and they tend s to be slightly different in content as it puts you out of this world for a few hours...and apparently you don't give a flying fcuk about covid for a while....not sure of the longevity of the protection mind.

Glad Bale looked sharper. and more involved last night....a bit of luck and he could have got the hattrick that I predicted....but will Jose play him at all against the bin dippers? Nah he will defend dep again and hope Kane and Son take their 2 chances FFS.

As my predictions are shit I will help out and put it for a Liverpud win to help the lads out.

Happy Tuesady chaps!.

First week of a supposedly 2 week lockdown out the way, I don't think anyone actually thinks it's only going to be two weeks but fingers crossed.
Still it's not affecting my morning routine, it's the afternoons that flecked up. Still it's safer here at the minute than in UK, hopefully I'll be in line to get vaccine sometime in March.
Good news about your wife Walt, just something I think you may find amusing Walt. I went for lunch the last day before lockdown with a friend at a rather nice restaurant in the port area, started chatting with a couple at the next table. It transpire that he grew up in Walthamstow, so of course we started reminiscing about some old haunts like 'Charlie Chan' the 'Flanagans'.
Talk about coincidences, anyhow you all have a great day.
P.S. just out of interest, any of you guys been vaccinated yet?
Been to both of those many times , Top,... This bloke you met wasn’t called Rob by any chance, was it ?
I have a mate who lives in your area , called Rob.
I think , from memory , although I could be wrong here , that Flanagans was owned by Terry Venables .
Wasn’t Charlie Chans at the dog track ? Your old stamping ground wasn’t it ?
Ive not had a vaccine yet , the info on our surgery website says they will have all the over 80s done by the weekend , I’m in the over seventy group , just ,.... 71. My wife is in the next group down . I’m going to try and get her done at the same time as me . Can only ask .
. take care Top , will you get a vaccine in Spain ?

So glad the super rich can jump the covid vaccine queues by flying to the gulf or Goa and staying three weeks so they can get both the jabs withinn the recommended window. Glad they can loop hole the flight closures and isolation that every one else has to deal with. Good on em, they deserve it and we all know without the rich there would be no poor people eh!

I have investigated the options for us poorer folk, and I found an agent in Ilford who organises trips to the Isle of Dogs where I hear you can get a des res 3 week stay in a prefab for £15 squid a night,,,,and whats more A JAB A DAY ........mind you the jabs cost £50 a dig, and they tend s to be slightly different in content as it puts you out of this world for a few hours...and apparently you don't give a flying fcuk about covid for a while....not sure of the longevity of the protection mind.

Glad Bale looked sharper. and more involved last night....a bit of luck and he could have got the hattrick that I predicted....but will Jose play him at all against the bin dippers? Nah he will defend dep again and hope Kane and Son take their 2 chances FFS.

As my predictions are shit I will help out and put it for a Liverpud win to help the lads out.

Happy Tuesady chaps!.

I'm not sure your predictions are shite. You predicted 5-1 to us . You got it right they would score and only one out for us after missing countless chances and hitting the woodwork twice !! I'm not sure Walt does take into account opposition goal prediction, maybe he should ?

I'm not sure your predictions are shite. You predicted 5-1 to us . You got it right they would score and only one out for us after missing countless chances and hitting the woodwork twice !! I'm not sure Walt does take into account opposition goal prediction, maybe he should ?
Don’t understand what you mean mate , about the opposition goal prediction .

Don’t understand what you mean mate , about the opposition goal prediction .

Even though Greavsie got the prediction wrong for us, he got it right for Wycombe. I didnt predict Wycombe would score because conceding a goal to bottom of the championship team is not acceptable. But Greavsie could see it happening, fair play to him.
I predicted 6 goals for us and was getting so pissed off with our missed chances and woodwork. It made my prediction look daft. But it could easily have been 6.

While we are going on about the good old days , how about this .....
I’m the one the first one the left ,, looking at the camera , with my Mums sister stood behind me .
It’s the 1953 Coronation Street Party . I was four . I have to say I haven’t changed a bit . View attachment 45421

Everyone else in the photo is getting on with the party and wrapped up in the celebration. But you are more interested in getting your face towards the camera. Your auntie although in 1953 there was still rationing seems to be doing well on it !!

Been to both of those many times , Top,... This bloke you met wasn’t called Rob by any chance, was it ?
I have a mate who lives in your area , called Rob.
I think , from memory , although I could be wrong here , that Flanagans was owned by Terry Venables .
Wasn’t Charlie Chans at the dog track ? Your old stamping ground wasn’t it ?
Ive not had a vaccine yet , the info on our surgery website says they will have all the over 80s done by the weekend , I’m in the over seventy group , just ,.... 71. My wife is in the next group down . I’m going to try and get her done at the same time as me . Can only ask .
. take care Top , will you get a vaccine in Spain ?
I did ask his name but I truly can't remember, his wife died a couple of years ago, I think he said he lived in Markhouse rd when he was younger. You're right about Charlie Chan, but the Flannigans i used to drink in was at Walthamstow Central.
I plan to fly back to the UK for the vaccine, with any luck I should get it early March.

Everyone else in the photo is getting on with the party and wrapped up in the celebration. But you are more interested in getting your face towards the camera. Your auntie although in 1953 there was still rationing seems to be doing well on it !!
I have no defence to your charges Nick , everyone else had food in front of them , whilst my pitiful bowl was empty . I think I was looking in vain for something to put in it ..

My aunt always said she had big bones . ! She was never far from the front of the queue when the ration cards were being given out , I have to admit .
lovely lady though . Lived to a good age .

I did ask his name but I truly can't remember, his wife died a couple of years ago, I think he said he lived in Markhouse rd when he was younger. You're right about Charlie Chan, but the Flannigans i used to drink in was at Walthamstow Central.
I plan to fly back to the UK for the vaccine, with any luck I should get it early March.
It wasn’t my mate then , he is still with his wife . Stranger things have happened though .
He moved there sixteen years ago and was a manager in two bars , retiring five years ago .
I can’t believe I never moved out there, I just love the way of life , the weather , the people .
I almost went , when I was between marriages , and living the life of a 45 year old teenager .
Self employed carpenter , I would work my socks off for a month at a time , earn a fortune , then go to Majorca or Ibiza and just enjoy life . I met a lot of lovely tradesmen who would have set me up in work .,
I just had to go home , get my tools and go back . I never did . To this day I don’t know why .
I had ten years of that , then met my lovely wife , she told me how happy I was here , and I’m still here now.
Cold ,Damp ,Gloomy . But happy .
So Flannagan is the pub on the corner of Hoe St , at the Central . I drank in there a couple of years ago when I went up to do a tour of the old stadium.
It had changed a lot from the previous time I went there , which when I think about it was in the nineties .
It is entitled to change !
My local , when I lived there , was the Lord Palmerston .
We went there as well , on our stadium tour visit , , as you do , and unbelievably , that hadn’t changed a bit . Except that it was run by Eastern European People . Lovely people . Just amazing .
It seemed weird standing in the pub that I had grown up in , so to speak .
Fought many a good fight , and a few bad ones !
Sometimes talking when I should have been listening !
Bloke walked in there once with a shotgun and put a hole in the ceiling to draw attention to himself .
All over a row about who’s turn it was to get on the football machine , the one you have to spin the players ....... Like you do .
It didn’t do him any good , his brother had to come and get him . Poured him back into the car . .
He upset too many of the locals and definitely disturbed their card game which wasn’t a good thing to do .
That’s when you learn to grab your pint and take a spot in the corner ....... and just keep your head down .
Ha ha . Take care Top . .

I have no defence to your charges Nick , everyone else had food in front of them , whilst my pitiful bowl was empty . I think I was looking in vain for something to put in it ..

My aunt always said she had big bones . ! She was never far from the front of the queue when the ration cards were being given out , I have to admit .
lovely lady though . Lived to a good age .
Walt, looking in vain to put something in it! was that your "Oliver" moment lol!