Good Morning Thread | Page 64 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

What is the criteria for having a hot tub Pompey ? I know the health benefits etc , but I’m on about the foundations , electric and plumbing , filtration , chemicals , changing the water , .... all the important bits ! . ?????
Hey Walt, from what I can gather, I am learning, as my wife has to have regular hydrotherapy, it appears a Hot Tub will replace a massive piece of that, thus I bought one, all her friends including one of my daughters keep saying finally I/we cannot understand why we have taken so long to buy one lol!

Foundations wise, I have set out a section on our sandstone patio, placed/fitted a 12mm thick base mat, waterproof, which apparently helps retain the heat.
Electricity, well I have drilled a hole for the lead through my conservatory wall, so plugged in in the dry, obviously.
Plumbing, as most hot tubs have a built in/on motor/pump you just have to use a garden hose to fill up, we have been told from various sources to drain at least 1 or 2 times a year.
Have bought an additional filter for when the change is required.
Chemicals, we were told again by friends to buy a Hot Tub starter kit, Chlorine tabs, water cleaner etc.
The missus hairdresser arrived the morning, fully kitted out, and her hair was cut in the garden in the rain lol! is that a first, any way I digress we were told they leave their Tub on 24/7/365, apparently very cheap to run.

The Tub itself, other than all the instruction, has a built in zip cover, for when not in use and the safety for all nosey critturs, I have also purchased another cover which covers the whole/100% of the Tub.

As I said earlier I am still learning, but generally it seems to be a piece of piss!

I hope I have answered all your queries, and maybe you might think about having one yourself.

Pompey, where did you get it from, a friend can't find one for love nor money and wants to buy one for his wife's 50th - so any pointers would be a big help!
Ex, I got mine from EBay, they have quite a few, different types etc, mine is by Cleverspa, strait buys or get excited an take part in the auctions, I didn't bother I went for straight purchase, using PAY-PAL, so as EBay another safety purchase, they appear to be the only people who have HT's to sell, oh yes mine also has a manufactor's guarantee.

I bought it on Saturday evening and it arrived yesterday, Tuesday, not a bad service in my mind.

Hope this helps and wish your mate the best of luck,

Ex, just had a nosey on Ebay, there are loads of HT's for sale/auction, 99% brand new, 2 main company/types by, Cleverspa or Lay-Z-spa.

Hey Walt, from what I can gather, I am learning, as my wife has to have regular hydrotherapy, it appears a Hot Tub will replace a massive piece of that, thus I bought one, all her friends including one of my daughters keep saying finally I/we cannot understand why we have taken so long to buy one lol!
Appreciate that , thanks Pompey. Emptying it out still leaves me with a problem , as all our drains are at the front of the house .

Foundations wise, I have set out a section on our sandstone patio, placed/fitted a 12mm thick base mat, waterproof, which apparently helps retain the heat.
Electricity, well I have drilled a hole for the lead through my conservatory wall, so plugged in in the dry, obviously.
Plumbing, as most hot tubs have a built in/on motor/pump you just have to use a garden hose to fill up, we have been told from various sources to drain at least 1 or 2 times a year.
Have bought an additional filter for when the change is required.
Chemicals, we were told again by friends to buy a Hot Tub starter kit, Chlorine tabs, water cleaner etc.
The missus hairdresser arrived the morning, fully kitted out, and her hair was cut in the garden in the rain lol! is that a first, any way I digress we were told they leave their Tub on 24/7/365, apparently very cheap to run.

The Tub itself, other than all the instruction, has a built in zip cover, for when not in use and the safety for all nosey critturs, I have also purchased another cover which covers the whole/100% of the Tub.

As I said earlier I am still learning, but generally it seems to be a piece of piss!

I hope I have answered all your queries, and maybe you might think about having one yourself.

Morning all,

The wonderful weather has hidden itself, one hopes only for a couple of days, but the little rain we had was sorely needed. - Apparently we can expect hose pipe bans and other water restrictions if June is as hot as May...!

Anyway, once again I celebrate waking up this morning feeling fit and healthy, hope you're in a similar shape lol!

Staysafe, stay smart.

Good morning all . It rained all day yesterday here in Walt world . Only very light , the sort that gets you wet without you realising, but rain it was . No need to go to the allotment, do gotvon with our latest project , doing up the smallest bedroom , almost done in a day . It’s only tiny though 3x 2.5m.

Good morning all . It rained all day yesterday here in Walt world . Only very light , the sort that gets you wet without you realising, but rain it was . No need to go to the allotment, do gotvon with our latest project , doing up the smallest bedroom , almost done in a day . It’s only tiny though 3x 2.5m.

I wonder what everyone will do when life returns to 'normal?!'