Good Morning Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Morning troops!
Got the kids breakfasts sorted.
They do thee 9am exercise with Joe Wicks on the intertubes.
Then it's a work video call for me followed by a run round some schools. Then day of unannounced visits to various addresses to check up on some children and young people. (looking through a letterbox yesterday ffs). Mrs S is taking home school today so I imagine the girls will have regressed by the time I return home!
Have a good day all. Take care and all that bobbins.

Food starting to dwindle, keeping most stuff back for my family to collect in case they can't get any deliveries as they all have kids (10 grandkids in total who are voracious eaters) versus just me and the missus.

Not going to risk going out to local shops yet as the small stores / expresses DO NOT practice safe distancing and let anyone in all together, so the narrow aisles make it impossible to not pass closely to others FFS.

I never had deliveries so can't get on any list.

Light at end of tunnel is that in a few days hopefully my respirator with filter masks (washable) will arrive and I have goggles which I use when DIY'ing. My disposable gloves have arrived, so very soon I can go out suited booted and masked and goggled and risk the shops, but more importantly....

I also need the gear because I am a Fare Share Scheme distributor to the needy members for my local community and I get small stores donating any out of 'sell by date' grub...YES this is true they have leftovers even in these trying times and if I don't collect it and get it distributed to the local oldies and at risk groups it gets chucked FFS! You would think they would just hand it out in this crisis for free when an oldy pops in.

I have a formal letter to show if I get 'copped' for being out.

All just to keep their bloody carbon footprint down ... but hey ho at least is is not binned

Anyway best wishes to you all...keep well out there and be careful.

Food starting to dwindle, keeping most stuff back for my family to collect in case they can't get any deliveries as they all have kids (10 grandkids in total who are voracious eaters) versus just me and the missus.

Not going to risk going out to local shops yet as the small stores / expresses DO NOT practice safe distancing and let anyone in all together, so the narrow aisles make it impossible to not pass closely to others FFS.

I never had deliveries so can't get on any list.

Light at end of tunnel is that in a few days hopefully my respirator with filter masks (washable) will arrive and I have goggles which I use when DIY'ing. My disposable gloves have arrived, so very soon I can go out suited booted and masked and goggled and risk the shops, but more importantly....

I also need the gear because I am a Fare Share Scheme distributor to the needy members for my local community and I get small stores donating any out of 'sell by date' grub...YES this is true they have leftovers even in these trying times and if I don't collect it and get it distributed to the local oldies and at risk groups it gets chucked FFS! You would think they would just hand it out in this crisis for free when an oldy pops in.

I have a formal letter to show if I get 'copped' for being out.

All just to keep their bloody carbon footprint down ... but hey ho at least is is not binned

Anyway best wishes to you all...keep well out there and be careful.

Nicely done Greavsie, keep your spirits up!

Done my bit today. Wife woke me up at about 11.45 to tell me the mower was broke and to get up and take a look at it. It's a beast of a mower, a Hayter vintage rotary job. Will go through anything. The tubular handle can be folded down to cut down on storage space it takes up. Its held in place by a big black plastic thumbscrew each side.

She asked if it could be taped. ....I said no and asked where the screw was as the thread was there. She said I dont know it was there when I started !! I only managed one strip of grass !!

So I said ....well its going to be somewhere along that strip!! Now I where glasses for distance, but I looked along the strip and to one side lay a black object....low and behold it was the screw. I put it back, tightened up and gave her a sideways look and said...now make me a cup of tea !!

By the time this is over I'll have to join Alcoholics Anonymous.

Day 12 without alcohol for me. I've been trying to setup a virtual beer on Friday evening with a few friends. Get everyone to grab some beer / wine at home and join a multi point video call together. Needless to say, I have some very technophobic mates and this feels like a step too far :-)

After the Mower repair I got roped into creating a garden feature with some log roll border we had in the shed . Involved staking either end and digging out a channel, driving home the wooden stakes and refilling the soil and pressing down. Nearly fecking killed me with this damn Angina I have. Now I'm bolloxed !!!