Good Morning Thread | Page 92 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

No mate...was about sex?
No H . One bloke did get fucked though !
It was about two mountaineers, having climbed a mountain in Peru , previously unclimbed , came down a different route to what they went up because it was a safer way of getting down. .
It’s a true story .
any way , on the way down , one bloke slips and falls and breaks his leg . Now they are cattle trucked !
They decide that the only way down is for the fit bloke to lower the invalid bloke down on a rope 3 hundred feet at a time . Invalid bloke then finds a ledge of some sort to take the weight off the rope and fit bloke climbs down to him ( wish you had seen this , it’s a kin long story to type out ! )
Anyhow , the weather breaks ,,as you knew it would , and they get involved in a white out and can’t see each other .
the nuisance bloke then gets lowered over an overhang of a cliff and gets left dangling . Now he can’t go up or down , just dangle . His mate , holding the rope , doesn’t know what’s happened and sits where he is , waiting for the signal to climb down , he sits there for hours but doesn’t get a signal and the a weight is still on the rope . He gets colder and colder , as does the bloke dangling .
So ( here is the crunch ) , fit bloke decides he has no option but to save himself . So he cuts the rope . Invalid bloke then falls further down the mountain and gets thrown into an ice chasm . Fit bloke climbs down the mountain on his own ,leaving his mate up there . not knowing what had happened to him . By some miracle , invalid bloke gets himself down the mountain by himself over the next week and a bit .
it was all over Mountaineering News apparently.
the question is
“ Would you have cut the ‘kin rope ? “
I wouldn’t.

would have saved me a lot of time if you had seen it ! Ha ha

No H . One bloke did get fucked though !
It was about two mountaineers, having climbed a mountain in Peru , previously unclimbed , came down a different route to what they went up because it was a safer way of getting down. .
It’s a true story .
any way , on the way down , one bloke slips and falls and breaks his leg . Now they are cattle trucked !
They decide that the only way down is for the fit bloke to lower the invalid bloke down on a rope 3 hundred feet at a time . Invalid bloke then finds a ledge of some sort to take the weight off the rope and fit bloke climbs down to him ( wish you had seen this , it’s a kin long story to type out ! )
Anyhow , the weather breaks ,,as you knew it would , and they get involved in a white out and can’t see each other .
the nuisance bloke then gets lowered over an overhang of a cliff and gets left dangling . Now he can’t go up or down , just dangle . His mate , holding the rope , doesn’t know what’s happened and sits where he is , waiting for the signal to climb down , he sits there for hours but doesn’t get a signal and the a weight is still on the rope . He gets colder and colder , as does the bloke dangling .
So ( here is the crunch ) , fit bloke decides he has no option but to save himself . So he cuts the rope . Invalid bloke then falls further down the mountain and gets thrown into an ice chasm . Fit bloke climbs down the mountain on his own ,leaving his mate up there . not knowing what had happened to him . By some miracle , invalid bloke gets himself down the mountain by himself over the next week and a bit .
it was all over Mountaineering News apparently.
the question is
“ Would you have cut the ‘kin rope ? “
I wouldn’t.

would have saved me a lot of time if you had seen it ! Ha ha
Thanks Walt...you shouldn’t have left me dangling 😂😂😂...no I wouldn’t have cut the rope either, but then having a fear of heights I wouldn’t have been there in the first place!

Morning all, bit moist and windy this morning , not too good outside either !
Saturday , doing bugger all day . Not even shaving . Normally shave every day as soon as I get up , irrespective of what sort of day we have in store . It just becomes routine , do it without thinking .
I bought a five blade razor in Aldi ( other stores and razors are available ) before the quarantine kicked in , because I was pissed off paying what the market leaders charge for what are basic rubbish blades . The blades in those are ok when you buy the razor and handle in a pack , but the replacement blades are crap , lucky if you get five shaves out them .
these from Aldi ( other stores are available) are unbelievable . They last for months ! And only a quarter of the price .
move also stopped using any of these shaving gels and use coconut oil . Those gels were just winding me up
, clogging up the sink and razor and not even giving a nice shave .
Ive found coconut oil to be really good . ( other mediums are available) . !
apparently we are all happy clapping again tomorrow at 5 pm and the whole country is toasting the NHS seventieth anniversary. Followed by street barbecues. The government always coming up with new ways to spread the virus . Being asked to knock on people’s doors and have a chat . ! Seek out the lonely ones that have been in isolation over the lockdown and give them the virus they have been avoiding diligently for months . Boris is having a barby in the garden.,don’t know how many friends he is inviting . . We ain’t going , he couldn’t keep away from it even when he was preaching how dodgy it was , now he is encouraging us to catch it !
I’m missing out on loads of new queues that I’m not bothered about , and definitely not joining ,.....pubs , bars , barbers , airports , beaches , hotel restaurants ,,, the queue to dip your toe into the sea , , endless new international queues . A whole new world of queuing. They can have it .
many how , enough of me blathering on , hope you all have a good day , keep alert , use the ball washing stations , weed your beds , don’t get lured into thinking it’s all over , nobody is singing yet , . Keep safe

Cloudy, windy and raining on and off...another day in paradise...fish and chip lunch day today with white wine and then fall asleep until the evening reruns of Montalbano...what could be better?....well practically anything really but that’s life today, but not as we knew it Jim...never mind, only a couple of days until we have a thrashing by the mighty Everton to look forward to....I think these mask producers should be a little more creative and add an eye covering piece as well so that we could look like the Lone Ranger...might encourage people to make a fashion statement and stay safe....do the same guys, stay safe.

Morning all, bit moist and windy this morning , not too good outside either !
Saturday , doing bugger all day . Not even shaving . Normally shave every day as soon as I get up , irrespective of what sort of day we have in store . It just becomes routine , do it without thinking .
I bought a five blade razor in Aldi ( other stores and razors are available ) before the quarantine kicked in , because I was pissed off paying what the market leaders charge for what are basic rubbish blades . The blades in those are ok when you buy the razor and handle in a pack , but the replacement blades are crap , lucky if you get five shaves out them .
these from Aldi ( other stores are available) are unbelievable . They last for months ! And only a quarter of the price .
move also stopped using any of these shaving gels and use coconut oil . Those gels were just winding me up
, clogging up the sink and razor and not even giving a nice shave .
Ive found coconut oil to be really good . ( other mediums are available) . !
apparently we are all happy clapping again tomorrow at 5 pm and the whole country is toasting the NHS seventieth anniversary. Followed by street barbecues. The government always coming up with new ways to spread the virus . Being asked to knock on people’s doors and have a chat . ! Seek out the lonely ones that have been in isolation over the lockdown and give them the virus they have been avoiding diligently for months . Boris is having a barby in the garden.,don’t know how many friends he is inviting . . We ain’t going , he couldn’t keep away from it even when he was preaching how dodgy it was , now he is encouraging us to catch it !
I’m missing out on loads of new queues that I’m not bothered about , and definitely not joining ,.....pubs , bars , barbers , airports , beaches , hotel restaurants ,,, the queue to dip your toe into the sea , , endless new international queues . A whole new world of queuing. They can have it .
many how , enough of me blathering on , hope you all have a good day , keep alert , use the ball washing stations , weed your beds , don’t get lured into thinking it’s all over , nobody is singing yet , . Keep safe

I find growing a beard to compliment my now 'Ken Doddy style
manic hair not only makes me look like a nutter so when out exercising, people naturally steer clear of me for fear of a luntic attacking them, so a real social distancing safeguard...but my shaver blades last for ever!

I find growing a beard to compliment my now 'Ken Doddy style
manic hair not only makes me look like a nutter so when out exercising, people naturally steer clear of me for fear of a luntic attacking them, so a real social distancing safeguard...but my shaver blades last for ever!
I’ve found that once the wind gets hold of my hair I transform into the mad professor in Back to the Future...don’t need the beard to keep people away!

Interesting comments regarding everybody's weekend activities. Nobody seems in the slightest bit interested in the weekend football, I include myself in that, but I'm sure that pre lockdown, and all this subsequent training ground football, virtually every game at this stage of the season would be generating some level of interest amongst football fans generally. With Spurs season now finished there is no longer any interest at all, other than hoping that West Ham lose all their remaining games.

Interesting comments regarding everybody's weekend activities. Nobody seems in the slightest bit interested in the weekend football, I include myself in that, but I'm sure that pre lockdown, and all this subsequent training ground football, virtually every game at this stage of the season would be generating some level of interest amongst football fans generally. With Spurs season now finished there is no longer any interest at all, other than hoping that West Ham lose all their remaining games.

Agree entirely. Football is now dead to me for the rest of this season.

Gutted really, but gives me sometime to get finished some other things I just keep putting off lol!

Have a good weekend all, for those going, enjoy your pint, for those who aren't, have a great safe weekend.

Agree entirely. Football is now dead to me for the rest of this season.

Gutted really, but gives me sometime to get finished some other things I just keep putting off lol!

Have a good weekend all, for those going, enjoy your pint, for those who aren't, have a great safe weekend.
I feel completely differently. I'm looking forward to the Everton game as much as I was the Sheffield United game. And any game really involving Spurs. All that changes is my expectation of the outcome.

I feel completely differently. I'm looking forward to the Everton game as much as I was the Sheffield United game. And any game really involving Spurs. All that changes is my expectation of the outcome.
Good for you Gary . I really wished I felt the same . Obviously I will watch the game and hope we win and win well . All I can say is that if the season had finished on Thursday it would not have bothered me !
I will always love , eat drink sleep and live Tottenham , but this season has just petered our for me ,
Football in general needs to take a good look at itself , the new laws need sorting out , VAR needs abolishing , refs need to learn how to referee a game , transfers need a fresh approach , agents need a regulation body( maybe there is one ? ) and stricter protocols,
The media need to learn how to conduct themselves , politics need to be kept out of the game and football needs to return to what it used to be .
Its a funny old game, or was !

Good post smithy . Agree entirely

Good for you Gary . I really wished I felt the same . Obviously I will watch the game and hope we win and win well . All I can say is that if the season had finished on Thursday it would not have bothered me !
I will always love , eat drink sleep and live Tottenham , but this season has just petered our for me ,
Football in general needs to take a good look at itself , the new laws need sorting out , VAR needs abolishing , refs need to learn how to referee a game , transfers need a fresh approach , agents need a regulation body( maybe there is one ? ) and stricter protocols,
The media need to learn how to conduct themselves , politics need to be kept out of the game and football needs to return to what it used to be .
There is still the Europa League Walt. It's not too many years ago that that was a realistic aim for us. It may well be for the immediate future too.

There is still the Europa League Walt. It's not too many years ago that that was a realistic aim for us. It may well be for the immediate future too.
I've never been a critic of the Europa League, believe that it is a meaningful European competition which a lot of quality European teams compete in, and I really would like us to qualify. Unfortunately I think that that ship sailed from Sheffield. I guess that a couple of consecutive wins may rekindle interest, but the Everton game really is the last chance saloon.

I remember watching a short documentary on Tom Finney, one of England’s greatest and what still remains in my memory is when he said that on Saturdays for home games he used to go to the ground on a bus with the fans....that’s what football used to be about before the real money shysters got involved.

I remember watching a short documentary on Tom Finney, one of England’s greatest and what still remains in my memory is when he said that on Saturdays for home games he used to go to the ground on a bus with the fans....that’s what football used to be about before the real money shysters got involved.
And also continued to work as a plumber to supplement his fourteen pound a week income. In early post war days Preston North End were known as 'The Plumber and his Ten Drips'.