Good Morning Thread | Page 66 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Harry, not sure if you are saying there is just not enough room to get your hand behind the TV to attach the cable or that the cable has a straight connector that requires more depth. If latter, then you can get 90 degrees adaptors.
Thanks Critical but I can’t pull it away far enough to even see the ports...I’m using the optical link that they connected for a surround sound system I was using which is now defunct....it works fine, just need to use two remote controls but no big deal....still need to get someone round though as I need to connect the blue-Ray player.....I’m not going to attempt taking the screen down myself due to terminal clumsiness when it comes to DIY.....I feel guilty meaning about this with everything else that’s going on but it helps to vent from time to time....stay safe lads..

Good morning all , sun is out again . We bought fencing that had a trellis incorporated in a sort of arch at the top . We already had a new tub of fence paint , Slate grey , I think it is , from when next doors fence got storm damage last year and they had a new one put up . Painting the main part of the panel is a breeze , but the trellis section is a nightmare . Takes ‘kin ages , boring as you know what , and creates a whole new circle of friends as they walk past and feel compelled to make some inane comment . “ looks good “.....” you can come and do mine when you are finished“ ...........“ keeping busy I see “ ........... looking better already “ ....... “hope it doesn’t rain“
“ you’ve made me want to do mine now “ , and the favourite ... “ you’ve missed a bit there ! “

I suppose they mean well .

Hope you are all still coping ok . Keep posting on here even if it is all inane drivel like what i do. ! (I get my grammar from Morecambe and Wise !!!)
It makes the world go round .
Keep safe , keep unsocial , keep Hot tubbing . Love it all . Don’t get complacent . Above all keep your balls on the straight and narrow

Thanks Critical but I can’t pull it away far enough to even see the ports...I’m using the optical link that they connected for a surround sound system I was using which is now defunct....it works fine, just need to use two remote controls but no big deal....still need to get someone round though as I need to connect the blue-Ray player.....I’m not going to attempt taking the screen down myself due to terminal clumsiness when it comes to DIY.....I feel guilty meaning about this with everything else that’s going on but it helps to vent from time to time....stay safe lads..
H, what remotes are you using ? There are ways to make one remote learn what the other one does . Can you let us know what remotes they are . Don’t feel guilty about moaning buddy ,, if you weren’t so far away I would come up and give you a hand , , it’s not a moan , this is life , just not as we used to know it . . .
If you have an optical cable already , doesn’t that go to the blue ray player and the sound cable ( hdmi ) go from the blue ray to the sound bar ? Or have I got it all wrong ? Fino ?

I’ve been awake all night thinking about this .!
Do you not have a set top box ? If you have , wouldn’t the sound bar connect to that . The tv would already be connected to the set top box . I’m trying to think outside the box here !!!! Couldn’t you and a your new found garden partner do it between you . If the tele is that big and you both got on each side of it you would still be unsocially distancing ? !!!!
High Walt...thanks for the thoughts...being the genius I am the new tele has the only services I was using the set top box and USB slots for integrated ie: BT sport (to cover our triumphant CL campaigns) and Now TV for the Sky sports channel....my new found gardening buddy is my neighbour’s wife...a pocket dynamo but unable to reach the top of the screen standing on the floor... thing is, if anyone is going to smash the thing to pieces I want someone who is insured to do it....anyway, temporary solution found with the optical link so ok for now, but thanks for the thoughts mate.

H, what remotes are you using ? There are ways to make one remote learn what the other one does . Can you let us know what remotes they are . Don’t feel guilty about moaning buddy ,, if you weren’t so far away I would come up and give you a hand , , it’s not a moan , this is life , just not as we used to know it . . .
If you have an optical cable already , doesn’t that go to the blue ray player and the sound cable ( hdmi ) go from the blue ray to the sound bar ? Or have I got it all wrong ? Fino ?
I’ll look into that wiring idea Walt but I don’t think the Blue Ray player will pass the tv output through...I’ll let you know...thanks.

Have you noticed that whenever the TV/ News interviews a noted (ha ha ) person usually a politician or expert in their field. that they all seem to be interviewed in front of a bookcase in supposedly their library in their homes.

Shame many of them do not appear to have read the books in their libraries as it may have influenced them / made them wiser heh heh.

I think personally it is a fashion statement to show they are supposedly learn-ed.

I usually try to pause the TV and see what titles they have on the shelves but it is quite difficult/almost imposs but some even seem to pose a title or two to make you think they are clever cloggsers! (is that a word?)...look what I read!

Be novel if the background was a washing machine or oven or an untidy table with last nights dirty plates and glasses and left over food .......might make them seem human!

Good morning all , sun is out again . We bought fencing that had a trellis incorporated in a sort of arch at the top . We already had a new tub of fence paint , Slate grey , I think it is , from when next doors fence got storm damage last year and they had a new one put up . Painting the main part of the panel is a breeze , but the trellis section is a nightmare . Takes ‘kin ages , boring as you know what , and creates a whole new circle of friends as they walk past and feel compelled to make some inane comment . “ looks good “.....” you can come and do mine when you are finished“ ...........“ keeping busy I see “ ........... looking better already “ ....... “hope it doesn’t rain“
“ you’ve made me want to do mine now “ , and the favourite ... “ you’ve missed a bit there ! “

I suppose they mean well .

Hope you are all still coping ok . Keep posting on here even if it is all inane drivel like what i do. ! (I get my grammar from Morecambe and Wise !!!)
It makes the world go round .
Keep safe , keep unsocial , keep Hot tubbing . Love it all . Don’t get complacent . Above all keep your balls on the straight and narrow

Should have got a spray gun and some brown paper - tape it behind, fill the gun up, get at it and - all done in 15 mins!

:-)

Good morning.

I am already missing the good weather, even though I'm pleased my garden has had some much needed respite.

Stay positive, there may be good news on the horizon in a couple of months that will make us all have a little jig and a drink or 10....

Until then, Stay safe and use your commonsense.

Good morning.

I am already missing the good weather, even though I'm pleased my garden has had some much needed respite.

Stay positive, there may be good news on the horizon in a couple of months that will make us all have a little jig and a drink or 10....

Until then, Stay safe and use your commonsense.
You won't be drinking in a couple of months though will you Ex? Or have you lapsed?

You won't be drinking in a couple of months though will you Ex? Or have you lapsed?

No I haven't lapsed, but I have promised my girls that should this crisis be bought to a swift end, we will have a big extended family celebration and I will have a drink or ten...I also have them planning an exotic holiday for next year to the Maldives and there isn't a chance in hell I can spend 2/3 three weeks in that part of the world without a cold beer!

Last edited:
No I haven't lapsed, but I have promised my girls that should this crisis be bought to a swift end, we will have a big extended family celebration and I will have a drink or ten...I also have then planning an exotic holiday for next year to the Maldives and there isn't a chance in hell I can spend 2/3 three weeks in that part of the world without a cold beer!

Am jealous ...Was a favourite holiday location for us when we got all the kids off our balance sheet (for a while anyway) and I was workinghard but even then we always went all inclusive as (you probably know EX) if not a cool beer will cost you a tenner probably more now......depends on your financial status of course!!!!

In my business January was the only time I really could take 2/3 weeks off as it was quieter after the new year so we had to long haul if we wanted to catch the rays and the Maldives were our choice...been to quite a few of the islands...but it had more charm around the late 90's then IMO in my opinion.

Loved the diving and snorkelling at that time. And better still it was a No news and No shoes environment. When you got off the boat or sea plane that was the last time you wore shoes until you got back on at the end of the holiday...and there was no internet connectivity so the office could not bother me one iota...and no papers...the world went by without you knowing what was happeing anywhere apart from on the island, and nothing ever happened on them ......heaven.

Glad we did it when we could.. and once it was for three weeks......now we go to small greek islands when we can (or Bognor or Maplethorpe or Skegness ha ha)

If as you infer there is a swift end...we will consider another trip there to reminisce and celebrate the freedom as well...raid our kids inheritances and grandkids piggy banks

Have you noticed that whenever the TV/ News interviews a noted (ha ha ) person usually a politician or expert in their field. that they all seem to be interviewed in front of a bookcase in supposedly their library in their homes.

Shame many of them do not appear to have read the books in their libraries as it may have influenced them / made them wiser heh heh.

I think personally it is a fashion statement to show they are supposedly learn-ed.

I usually try to pause the TV and see what titles they have on the shelves but it is quite difficult/almost imposs but some even seem to pose a title or two to make you think they are clever cloggsers! (is that a word?)...look what I read!

Be novel if the background was a washing machine or oven or an untidy table with last nights dirty plates and glasses and left over food .......might make them seem human!
Does seem to be a common denominator doesn't it. I'm waiting for somebody to be sitting at their bar with a beer or G&T on the counter. More of a human touch.

I had an email from Virgin Atlantic to say they will be flying to the USA and tha Caribbean from mid July.....what do they know that we don’t...FO still advising against all but essential travel which negates holiday insurances and nothing from the US about lifting the ban on us being allowed in as far as I can tell...anyone seen anything different?

Should have got a spray gun and some brown paper - tape it behind, fill the gun up, get at it and - all done in 15 mins!

:-)
I actually bought a spray gun last year , when we bought the fence paint. Filled it up , primed it , aimed at the new fence and promptly sprayed my feet , the Sky , and the garage wall which was at right angles to the fence ! . It went every where except at the fence . Luckily nobody was standing on my left hand side or they would have copped a large portion of paint as well . Took it all apart , cleaned it , tried again and the same thing happened . So I cleaned it up again , washed down the garage wall again , put it back in the box it came in and painted the fence by hand . Was meant to take it back but never did . If anyone wants a paint sprayer ......... would be ideal for painting the inside of a pipe !!! Going cheap .

High Walt...thanks for the thoughts...being the genius I am the new tele has the only services I was using the set top box and USB slots for integrated ie: BT sport (to cover our triumphant CL campaigns) and Now TV for the Sky sports channel....my new found gardening buddy is my neighbour’s wife...a pocket dynamo but unable to reach the top of the screen standing on the floor... thing is, if anyone is going to smash the thing to pieces I want someone who is insured to do it....anyway, temporary solution found with the optical link so ok for now, but thanks for the thoughts mate.
Sounds like a job for 2 metre Peter! Good luck, hope you get sorted as the season's about to start with lot of noisy crowds.... sound bar would be perfect!

I actually bought a spray gun last year , when we bought the fence paint. Filled it up , primed it , aimed at the new fence and promptly sprayed my feet , the Sky , and the garage wall which was at right angles to the fence ! . It went every where except at the fence . Luckily nobody was standing on my left hand side or they would have copped a large portion of paint as well . Took it all apart , cleaned it , tried again and the same thing happened . So I cleaned it up again , washed down the garage wall again , put it back in the box it came in and painted the fence by hand . Was meant to take it back but never did . If anyone wants a paint sprayer ......... would be ideal for painting the inside of a pipe !!! Going cheap .
Fookin had me in stitches Walt....could just about picture the sketch! Even cried reading it to the wife. Stick it on Gumtree.....sold as seen!

Just wet myself. Brilliant.

This is a site construction manager who cant figure out how to paint a fence ?

Sounds like a Norman Wisdom sketch Walthy......