Good Morning Thread | Page 63 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Good morning everybody.
Landmark day here in SA yesterday, with alcohol sales allowed for the first time in two months. Due to strict lock down procedures being implemented at an early stage, the virus has been contained remarkably well here thus far, with deaths confined currently to 680. Economic necessity has however determined the government having to relax many lock down procedures from the start of June. The resultant increase in movement will however according to most experts detonate the ticking time bomb we have here, with deaths as high as 50000 being predicted as possible by the start of August. That is a scary statistic for all, particularly us high risk olds. A second full lock down is maybe inevitable at some stage, whereby a continuing stock up of in house wine is high on the agenda for the next few weeks!
Watched a reply of the 1992/93 Liverpool vs Spurs fixture on TV last night, where Lpool put six past us. Not the best period in history for either Club, but that Spurs side were probably close to being as bad as any Spurs team I've seen in sixty years, made Jamie Redknapp look like a world beater. Was Stuart Nethercott the worst central defender Spurs have ever had?

Good morning everybody.
Landmark day here in SA yesterday, with alcohol sales allowed for the first time in two months. Due to strict lock down procedures being implemented at an early stage, the virus has been contained remarkably well here thus far, with deaths confined currently to 680. Economic necessity has however determined the government having to relax many lock down procedures from the start of June. The resultant increase in movement will however according to most experts detonate the ticking time bomb we have here, with deaths as high as 50000 being predicted as possible by the start of August. That is a scary statistic for all, particularly us high risk olds. A second full lock down is maybe inevitable at some stage, whereby a continuing stock up of in house wine is high on the agenda for the next few weeks!
Watched a reply of the 1992/93 Liverpool vs Spurs fixture on TV last night, where Lpool put six past us. Not the best period in history for either Club, but that Spurs side were probably close to being as bad as any Spurs team I've seen in sixty years, made Jamie Redknapp look like a world beater. Was Stuart Nethercott the worst central defender Spurs have ever had?
Best of luck Smithy....must be a very worrying time for you....take some comfort from the fact that many doomsday predictions haven’t come true for various reasons and every country has different profiles so maybe the outcome will be better than predicted.

Best of luck Smithy....must be a very worrying time for you....take some comfort from the fact that many doomsday predictions haven’t come true for various reasons and every country has different profiles so maybe the outcome will be better than predicted.
Thanks mate.

Yeah , I secon
Thanks mate.
yeah , I second what Harry said mate , for the life of me ( not a pun!) I cannot see how the easing of restrictions , whilst the good old Covid is still hanging around , can do nothing but bring on a second wave , which will be more difficult to implement . The reaction to the majority of the easing here has been ridiculous, beaches are packed , roads are congested , people are shopping like nothing has ever happened .
We have done really well , my wife and I , we ain’t going to bugger it up now .
its like that about about the cutest little you could ever imagine , going on holiday with her mum and dad for the first time on a plane . She was really worried before take off but soon became ok with flying . She decided that having been in the air for four hours and was doing about to land , she would write a little note to the captain , She wrote “Hi my name is Belinda , I am seven years old and was really scared to get in the plane , but your kind words before take off helped . Then I was scared as we took off , but the nice ladies walking around calmed me down , they are such lovely ladies , they have given me pens and paper , brought me a drink , and really looked after me . So much so that I actually forgot I was in an aeroplane . So I would like to say , thank you very much for such a lovely flight , for making me feel good and looking after me looking after mummy and daddy and all the other people, making me laugh , giving me such a lovely time , please don’t fuck up the landing , much love. Belinda “

Last edited:
Yeah , I secon

yeah , I second what Harry said mate , for the life of me ( not a pun!) I cannot see how the easing of restrictions , whilst the good old Covid is still hanging around , can do nothing but bring on a second wave , which will be more difficult to implement . The reaction to the majority of the easing here has been ridiculous, beaches are packed , roads are congested , people are shopping like nothing has ever happened .
We have done really well , my wife and I , we ain’t going to bugger it up now .
its like that about about the cutest little you could ever imagine , going on holiday with her mum and dad for the first time on a plane . She was really worried before take off but soon became ok with flying . She decided that having been in the air for four hours and was doing about to land , she would write a little note to the captain , She wrote “Hi my name is Belinda , I am seven years old and was really scared to get in the plane , but your kind words before take off helped . Then I was scared as we took off , but the nice ladies walking around calmed me down , they are such lovely ladies , they have given me pens and paper , brought me a drink , and really looked after me . So much so that I actually forgot I was in an aeroplane . So I would like to say , thank you very much for such a lovely flight , for making me feel good and looking after me looking after mummy and daddy and all the other people, making me laugh , giving me such a lovely time , please don’t fuck up the landing , much love. Belinda “
What a great tale Walt.

Morning all, looks like our amazing weather ends this week, so make the best of it whilst you can.

That said, part fo me will be mightily relieved to see some good old fashioned rain, wet and windy conditions - my garden needs it, the farmers need it and I suspect and hope it will do enough to stop the idiots flocking to the beaches and parks where they've made it impossible to social distance.

To avoid a second much worse wave, I can't help feeling that a second lockdown will have to come now - the infection rate 'up'norf' seems from what I'm told to be far worse than in the south (are there more idiots up norf?)...

Anyway, much to ponder; I still hold out hope for the vaccine to be useful, because if it isn't we're in this for a long time to come...

Good morning. :thumbup::tophat:

I owe you lot an apology. I naffed up in a big way yesterday or more accurately a few days ago.

Yesterday I awoke to a PM offering my wife and me condolences about my father in law. I was confused.

Then I went and saw 10Hoddle had also offered me condolences as well.

Then, this is where my screw up happened, I read the post that triggered the condolences and it said "the wife's father passed away" and without reading the rest of what I had written I thought "I never call my wife "the wife" I did not write that!"!

Well I did. It was referring to the wife of the friends we made dinner for. She is the one who lost her father. It was just very badly written.

I started changing all my passwords. :clown:

My sincere apologies to everyone. Nothing was hacked.

Have a great day. :grinning:

I owe you lot an apology. I naffed up in a big way yesterday or more accurately a few days ago.

Yesterday I awoke to a PM offering my wife and me condolences about my father in law. I was confused.

Then, this is where my screw up happened, I read the post that triggered the condolences and it said "the wife's father passed away" and without reading the rest of what I had written I thought "I never call my wife "the wife" I did not write that!"!

Well I did. It was referring to the wife of the friends we made dinner for. She is the one who lost her father. It was just very badly written.

Afternoon mate, well that's all clear then, your allowed a certain amount of errors, age and all that lol! lets be honest we have all messed up at some time or another, just don't do it again lol!

What is the criteria for having a hot tub Pompey ? I know the health benefits etc , but I’m on about the foundations , electric and plumbing , filtration , chemicals , changing the water , .... all the important bits ! . ?????

Raining up here today...a welcome change as long as it doesn’t go on for too long.....had a phone call from our plastic police person last night...sounds like they may be making progress as there was another bottle throwing incident on the other side of the village last Saturday but someone had CCTV coverage of the incident....small steps...the problem these days is that even if the kids get caught, the punishments available to the justice system are rarely sufficient to deter them from carrying on as usual...

Had a pleasant walk round the golf course yesterday, stopping occasionally to free a golf ball from the tyranny of constantly being bashed about...good to have some banter with the lads....today I think I’ll delve into the pile of mail that I haven’t looked at for weeks just in case I won the lottery and don’t know it which would be great as I don’t play the lottery...enjoy the rain when it gets to you and stay safe...

No need to apologise 80, . These things happen . Just a bizarre series of events . It happens to me all the time . !
Have you looked into the PM I sent you , though ?
Gave a great day

What is the criteria for having a hot tub Pompey ? I know the health benefits etc , but I’m on about the foundations , electric and plumbing , filtration , chemicals , changing the water , .... all the important bits ! . ?????

I have mine on the patio. Have it attached to the electrics. Weather proof outside insulated cables that run through the wall all the way to the electric circuit board. All encased.

We change the filter every 6 months.. When on the hot tub will do an automatic cleaning cycle every morning.

We use chlorine tablets. Put one in a plastic floating thing that keeps the water at a clean level. I also add Himalayan salts for when we use it.

We change the water at least 3 times a year. But normally we only need to top up. Just attach the hose to the draining hole at the bottom and let the water drain down the drain.

1000 litre our bad boy holds.

In the summer it doesn't cost much in electric as the cover is so well insulated. The water never drops below 30 degrees. The temperature ranges from 26.5-40 degree's.

In the winter though the motor is always on as it tries to regulate the temperature. This is when it costs quite a bit.

I tend to turn mine off from 1st Jan till late March.

I said yesterday that the missus was chuffed that I had got her a Hot Tub, well it has just arrived along with the ground mat, so that is my job next, clear the area of the patio and set the thing up, and just as the bleedin weather is forecast to change, ah well onwards and upwards.

Pompey, where did you get it from, a friend can't find one for love nor money and wants to buy one for his wife's 50th - so any pointers would be a big help!