Good Morning Thread | Page 62 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Problem is Gary they always have too much else to do...several years ago we arrived home on Christmas Eve from visiting my mother in London to find the front door open....we had been burgled but obviously we had interrupted their plans and they had fled.....called the cops at 6:30 pm, car showed up at 8:30pm...the two guys inside apologised but said it was just them covering 3 towns in the area, said chances of catching the thieves was probably zero, but they would send a forensics guy round the next morning...

next morning forensics turned up....having watched the wonders of science on CSI it was eye opening to learn the number of surfaces that they couldn’t test for fingerprints and anyway the thieves were probably wearing gloves.....about a year later I received a call in Spain from someone in the Home Office in London regarding a lap top computer that was in my back pack that had been stolen...it was a work device...could I remember the password?...no...no matter he said...asking how he now had that computer he said it had been recovered during a drugs raid in Liverpool and if I phoned a detective in their crime squad I could get it back....I called the number and asked for the named detective to be told he wasn’t available but would call me back....I’m still waiting.....I’m afraid there is a huge gap between the police force as portrayed on tv and the real world.

Yes in the scheme of things having a window shattered with shards of glass flying in all direction and embedding themselves in furniture and floor is small beer....maybe it would have been better if I had been sitting in the chair directly in front of the missile.
You’re lucky it was small beer , if it had been one of Greavsie
pint bottles of Cobra it could have been a lot worse ,

Problem is Gary they always have too much else to do...several years ago we arrived home on Christmas Eve from visiting my mother in London to find the front door open....we had been burgled but obviously we had interrupted their plans and they had fled.....called the cops at 6:30 pm, car showed up at 8:30pm...the two guys inside apologised but said it was just them covering 3 towns in the area, said chances of catching the thieves was probably zero, but they would send a forensics guy round the next morning...

next morning forensics turned up....having watched the wonders of science on CSI it was eye opening to learn the number of surfaces that they couldn’t test for fingerprints and anyway the thieves were probably wearing gloves.....about a year later I received a call in Spain from someone in the Home Office in London regarding a lap top computer that was in my back pack that had been stolen...it was a work device...could I remember the password?...no...no matter he said...asking how he now had that computer he said it had been recovered during a drugs raid in Liverpool and if I phoned a detective in their crime squad I could get it back....I called the number and asked for the named detective to be told he wasn’t available but would call me back....I’m still waiting.....I’m afraid there is a huge gap between the police force as portrayed on tv and the real world.

Yes in the scheme of things having a window shattered with shards of glass flying in all direction and embedding themselves in furniture and floor is small beer....maybe it would have been better if I had been sitting in the chair directly in front of the missile.
We have the same problem mate .we have three police people and four plastic ones . We have been told we don’t have more because we don’t have any crime in our area !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anything serious happens , we have to wait for police to arrive from Southampton.
If we have more , we need a Sargent . If we have a Sargent we need to re open the police station . If we re open the police station we need health and safety , if we have health and safety we need his and hers changing areas . Heating and lighting , showers , cleaners , canteen and cooks , handy people, telephones , computers , filing clerks, front desk staff, somebody who cares , the list goes on and on . Your broken window ? Who gives a fuck . Who gives a fuck if you have suffered trauma , are now afraid to be in your own house , worried about going to bed at night . Nobody . Nobody cares . It costs money to care .
As you can tell Harry , this really winds me up . I hope you do pepper spray them, double pepper spray them , give them one for me . Non PC? Damn Right .
Of course, if you suggested to them that the local community has decided to tool up and take matters into their own hands, you'd have the force round in minutes.

Good morning! :thumbup::thumbup:

Holiday Monday here and it is pissing rain for the second day in a row. Broke some rules yesterday and made dinner for friends of ours, the wife lost her father to a stroke on Friday.

Smith and Jones, I lived on Old Park Ridings when we moved up from Portsmouth, where in Enfield were you?

Sorry to hear that your wife lost her father. How very sad.
My prayers and condolences to you, your wife and everyone who's life he touched.

Morning All . Was supposed to be getting up with the Lark this morning . Got lots to do . Allotment is getting really busy. Lots to plant, cabbages and kale , lots to harvest , garlic and onions , and all the rest to keep fed and watered,
Fence at home to put up and paint .
I needed to get up early and what happened ? Still in my pit at 8-30 . Great ..... was awake at six , five more minutes I thought ......
any how , hope you are all
well and safe .

This may or may not work for you (as I don't know your area) but in discussions with my friend, he asked for me to help to 'differentiate' himself - his food is excellent, his chefs very good - so it was tough to help him, but after a swift bit of CX and a follow up survey, I came up with timed deliveries, i.e. offer to his clients was place your orders the day before, book your delivery spot for an extra #5-10 (depending on size of order) and w'ed gurantee deliver then - about 50% do that now - he plans the meals to be ready JIT and his business has gone up 50%.

He also now offers them a peer quality napkin (IKEA ones, as they are soo much better than the average catering trade crap and people love it), and he's now implementing my second recommendation to use indian Tiffin boxes as he can then be green (and he picks them up from customers either post-meal or next delivery - for a small fee, clearly he's had to make an investment, but they work incredibly well). Anyway, he's now implemented both idea's across all four restaurants and business is booming - his customers absolutely love the new process and feel good about: pipping hot food, delivered exactly when they want it and then stacked aside once used (only ask for a customer is to empty before stacking and leaving outside for collection - if that's what they've asked for), local cabbies eternally grateful for the work regular work - using google maps onto delivery drives phones so they follow the timed schedule.

IF any of that helps you - go for it!

Just thought, you may not know what I'm talking about in regard to Tiffin tins, so thought I best give you a steer:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Indian-Tiffin-4t7b4-4-Tier-Box/dp/B00A7G7J6U

You are a gentleman sir. Thank you.

We opened Friday to Sunday with turnover approx 70% of a normal week, which is fantastic considering it was our first weekend open in nearly 3 months and that 70% is compared to a normal 5 day working week.

I have plans to roll out a delivery service, very simlar to that you've suggested but i wanted to test the water for the first couple of weeks with the new takeout menu. I am very lucky with the layout of the restaurant in that it provides a safe collection option. Completely one way, in one door, large order area with two metre distancing, new glass protection screen at the till, tap and go card payment (most pay over the phone when ordering) and out another door.
Approx 75% of customers pre ordered over the phone and collected their order in 15 min time slots.

As for the tiffin boxes, they are a great idea. I used them many years ago when i managed a hotel in Canterbury catering for local offices (hot lunches) worked perfectly. I will certainly consider using them again in a more upmarket concept. Im thinking, Boeuf Bourguignon with dauphinoise potatoes and roasted root vegetables or bouillabaise with garlic baby potatoes and steamed asparagus. One meat and one fish option, changing weekly for two people?

Again thanks ex for taking the time and offering words of support and wisdom.

Its much appreciated. Take care all.

We opened Friday to Sunday with turnover approx 70% of a normal week, which is fantastic considering it was our first weekend open in nearly 3 months and that 70% is compared to a normal 5 day working week.

I have plans to roll out a delivery service, very simlar to that you've suggested but i wanted to test the water for the first couple of weeks with the new takeout menu. I am very lucky with the layout of the restaurant in that it provides a safe collection option. Completely one way, in one door, large order area with two metre distancing, new glass protection screen at the till, tap and go card payment (most pay over the phone when ordering) and out another door.
Approx 75% of customers pre ordered over the phone and collected their order in 15 min time slots.

As for the tiffin boxes, they are a great idea. I used them many years ago when i managed a hotel in Canterbury catering for local offices (hot lunches) worked perfectly. I will certainly consider using them again in a more upmarket concept. Im thinking, Boeuf Bourguignon with dauphinoise potatoes and roasted root vegetables or bouillabaise with garlic baby potatoes and steamed asparagus. One meat and one fish option, changing weekly for two people?

Sounds like you're already on the fast track back to recovery. Brilliant, wish you all the luck in the World.

Good Morning. :thumbup::tophat:

Just a note. I've had to change all my passwords as I believe some accounts were hacked. My father in law did not pass away. And I did not write that.

Anyway all the best to you for a great afternoon.
Jesus mate, there are some sicko's about, who with any decency would write that sort of thing, sad sad people.

Just a note. I've had to change all my passwords as I believe some accounts were hacked. My father in law did not pass away. And I did not write that.

Always very unnerving. I've never had as many instances of spam, phishing, internet blackmail scams etc., as has been the case over the last few weeks. The pandemic seems to have generated a whole new injection into this very unpleasant industry.

Always very unnerving. I've never had as many instances of spam, phishing, internet blackmail scams etc., as has been the case over the last few weeks. The pandemic seems to have generated a whole new injection into this very unpleasant industry.

In the UK, the current known loss of money by individuals to covid-19 scams, is around £50 mill..

80’....... did you write ANY of that . ? Has your post been altered or your account been hacked .
has anybody else had their accounts hacked ? Or are you talking about your accounts only

Hmm, can you Uber or Deliveroo to Manchester mate?!

Last edited:
Morning all. Happy Tuesday. Winter is well and truly here in Queensland, Blue sky, max of 24 degrees and minimums around 14-15 degrees.

Due to us Queenslanders being able to move about our state (its huge, about a million times the size of the UK ) as at midday yesterday, I asked my wife to book our summer holidays in Airlie Beach (Great Barrier Reef) for just after Christmas. Would you believe our resort is fully booked out! We normally have around 10 nights is there at your equivalent of around 350 quid a night, but zero rooms at our fav resort. We may have to go further up to Cairns which is 1800 klm from our home! The tourism industry has had a 450% increase in bookings since the announcement.

This is great news for our state.

Scorchio again to day and then all downhill according to the weather forecast....golf today...finally rolled out the electric trolley for the last day of hot weather...life is all about timing apparently whatever that is....hope you all have an interesting day and remember to stay safe...