Good Morning Thread | Page 56 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Afternoon all, its been great reading about all the bands n concerts you have all been to, for me the best concerts I have been to were all at Castle Donnington's "Monsters of Rock" concerts, and there have been many of them, seeing/watching...just to name a few....Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, ZZ Top, Meat Loaf, Def Leppard, Black Crowes, AC/DC, Kiss, Status Quo, all off the top of my head there are many many more, there was some amazing shows put on by them.

Now for yesterday, I think my garden may have turned into a bird sanctuary, lol!,
Whilst getting ready to watch B Dortmund play Wolfeberg, my missus called me to come and have a look at our garden, low and behold there must have been about 50+ Starlings and there young, screaming for food, busily feeding, add Robins, Hedge Sparrows, Thrush's, Blackbirds, B52's, fat pigeons, it was a managery and quite beautiful to watch.

High Walt...I found this link of a picture of the Century cinema...it was just down the Leytonstone high road where it joined Lea Bridge Road at the Bakers Arms and was more or less opposite the Leyton Baths where as a teenager I saw the Stones second gig in the area when they had just hit the very big time...best live band I’d seen at the time and remain one of the best ever.

https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/608971180839658856/
http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/36649
this was the ABC mate . I still haven’t got a clue what cinema you are on about ha ha . You sure it’s not the Tatler at the Bell Corner where all the old blokes in macs with holes in their pockets went :wahey:

Morning all , Bank holiday, sun is shining and apart from watering the plants etc on the allotment this evening , it’s a day of bugger all for us .
hope you are all well , keeping safe and being unsocial.
We have to , at some time , choose new fencing for the front garden but there is no rush for that . We will wait for the queues to die down at the builders merchants in about a weeks time . There wasn’t any queue at the garden centre we went to last week and guess what ? We forgot to look at the fences ! They are always over priced anyway .
Factor thirty it is then today . It doesn’t slap itself on you know . Have a good day . Take care . Don’t get complacent. It’s a dangerous world out there .

Well I’m confused now because that’s where I used to go and it clearly says Century in big letters...what can I tell you?
I’m even more confused Harry because I’ve been searching on tinternet and , the Century is clearly there and I would have had to walk past it to get to the ABC !!!!! How weird . I have absolutely no recollection of it at all . I think , according to the maps , the Century was No 834 High Rd and the ABC was No806 High Rd . So given that it was all shops along there , probably around 150 yards apart from each other .
Knock me down with a fevver !
it’s a funny old world mate .
It’s not like we only went there occasionally . We used to go to the ABC nearly every week . About a dozen of us . Packet of five fags from the foyer . Person on the end seat would light one up , and it would get passed along the line . The one at far end would probably only get one drag on it , as it was passed back down the line . . Films in those days were only shown for a week and a new one came out every Friday . There were queues outside every Friday and Saturday . People were dolled up in their finery for a good night out . Us yobs turned up on a Thursday night when it was quiet . Happy days , smoking in the pictures !!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes it was hard to see the screen . !

Afternoon all, its been great reading about all the bands n concerts you have all been to, for me the best concerts I have been to were all at Castle Donnington's "Monsters of Rock" concerts, and there have been many of them, seeing/watching...just to name a few....Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, ZZ Top, Meat Loaf, Def Leppard, Black Crowes, AC/DC, Kiss, Status Quo, all off the top of my head there are many many more, there was some amazing shows put on by them.

Now for yesterday, I think my garden may have turned into a bird sanctuary, lol!,
Whilst getting ready to watch B Dortmund play Wolfeberg, my missus called me to come and have a look at our garden, low and behold there must have been about 50+ Starlings and there young, screaming for food, busily feeding, add Robins, Hedge Sparrows, Thrush's, Blackbirds, B52's, fat pigeons, it was a managery and quite beautiful to watch.
Saw E.L.O. in Dublin last year, they were absolutely incredible, still a top act, as for your back garden PY, mine is the same.I put up a few bird feeders at the start of this crisis and havent looked back, its wonderful to see nature reclaiming its rightful place. Long may it last.

Keep your feeders well stocked Vinnie and they will keep coming, and some, plus I agree, it is wonderful to see nature reclaiming its rightful place.

I’m even more confused Harry because I’ve been searching on tinternet and , the Century is clearly there and I would have had to walk past it to get to the ABC !!!!! How weird . I have absolutely no recollection of it at all . I think , according to the maps , the Century was No 834 High Rd and the ABC was No806 High Rd . So given that it was all shops along there , probably around 150 yards apart from each other .
Knock me down with a fevver !
it’s a funny old world mate .
It’s not like we only went there occasionally . We used to go to the ABC nearly every week . About a dozen of us . Packet of five fags from the foyer . Person on the end seat would light one up , and it would get passed along the line . The one at far end would probably only get one drag on it , as it was passed back down the line . . Films in those days were only shown for a week and a new one came out every Friday . There were queues outside every Friday and Saturday . People were dolled up in their finery for a good night out . Us yobs turned up on a Thursday night when it was quiet . Happy days , smoking in the pictures !!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes it was hard to see the screen . !
That must be it Walt...although when I went there I was much too young to smoke....didn’t start til 8...never inhaled though until 12! We left Walthamstow when I was 9 to move to the wilds of Essex...

That must be it Walt...although when I went there I was much too young to smoke....didn’t start til 8...never inhaled though until 12! We left Walthamstow when I was 9 to move to the wilds of Essex...
Don’t tell me you moved to to Pitsea , Leigh on Sea , Basildon or Benfleet . I know all those areas really well . We went to Southend and Westcliff on many days out . A lot of time on the Green line Bus but when we got older we used to bike it . Our mates Bedford Van was converted into a passion wagon as well .

Played at golf again today....boiling hot...good workout carrying 10 tons of useless metal around..had some laughs though...playing again in the morning...good to get out...lucky really...
Going to be hot again tomorrow Harry . Hope the golf is as well .,it’s good that you have a passion you can turn to in all this madness .
I would be cattle trucked without our allotment and garden .

Last edited:
Going to be hot again tomorrow Harry . Hope the golf is as well .,it’s good that you have a passion you can turn to in all this madness .
I would be cattle trucked without our allotment and garden .
Yeah, it’s not so much a passion as something to do Walt...it’s the sort of game that can drive you up the wall....I remember when I first started playing one the group tried to chip the ball about 2 yards onto the green....the ball went straight up in the air and landed back where it started at which point the guy threw his club into the ground, which was a bit of a quagmire, and it stuck upright like Excalibur....he wrenched it out, and stamped down the grass at which point my mate asked “Do you finds this game gets to you Bill”.... to which he replied......”No”....oh how we laughed 🤭 except for Bill!

Don’t tell me you moved to to Pitsea , Leigh on Sea , Basildon or Benfleet . I know all those areas really well . We went to Southend and Westcliff on many days out . A lot of time on the Green line Bus but when we got older we used to bike it . Our mates Bedford Van was converted into a passion wagon as well .
No Walt, we moved to South Hanningfield, which was basically a strung out series of houses a big reservoir and a two room infants and junior school....big change from Wood Street!...had to bike a mile and a half to school which had two teachers, one for the infants and one for all years of juniors....one of the best times of my life...our teacher/headmistress had a Triumph Mayflower car which had an aluminium body...maybe one of the first cars in the UK to use aluminium I think.

Passed the 11 plus there and then had to take a bus to Chelmsford and change to one to take us to the school...I was “adopted” by a group of senior girls but sadly we moved again to Southend before the end of my first year there. During my itinerant youth I lived in Southend, back to Walthamstow, back to Southend then to Basildon and finally up North.