Good Morning Thread | Page 53 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Good Morning! :thumbup::tophat:

Another sunny day and the mason is banging around out front. It makes it feel like the world is starting to move again. :yes:

Wife is off to by annuals today. Apparently that is a day trip. The bill usually makes it look like a week in Bermuda. :surrender:

I hope everyone is healthy.

Good Morning! :thumbup::tophat:

Another sunny day and the mason is banging around out front. It makes it feel like the world is starting to move again. :yes:

Wife is off to by annuals today. Apparently that is a day trip. The bill usually makes it look like a week in Bermuda. :surrender:

I hope everyone is healthy.

Which is why we dont buy annuals anymore. We lost most of ours one summer due to the rain, they rotted in their pots.

Played golf again today...after two previous rounds where ball striking was good but scoring was poor I managed to align the two concepts and match bad ball striking with a terrible score...however, all available members of our competition group managed to grab slots and play and there were a few outstanding scores....it’s good to be out and playing but the best bit of playing with this group of guys is the bar afterwards and the banter which of course is missing at the moment...but it’s better than nothing.

I ordered some wine from Laithwaites yesterday and they quoted delivery for Saturday....received a few text massages on the golf course telling me it was being delivered today and there it was on the doorstep when I returned....this was bad news as I had to cook a chilli and therefore open a bottle of wine....well if that’s my biggest problem things aren’t so bad I guess...

That’s all the excitement for the week done now....maybe some more Bundesliga pub football over the weekend....I watched the second half of England vs The Netherlands on ITV yesterday and it was interesting to see just how bad technically so many of our players were in those days...terrible passing was the dominant feature and poor ball control...it was a bit like watching us recently! Still nice to see Gazza (even past his best) Sicknote and Teddy strutting their stuff...

Played golf again today...after two previous rounds where ball striking was good but scoring was poor I managed to align the two concepts and match bad ball striking with a terrible score...however, all available members of our competition group managed to grab slots and play and there were a few outstanding scores....it’s good to be out and playing but the best bit of playing with this group of guys is the bar afterwards and the banter which of course is missing at the moment...but it’s better than nothing.

I ordered some wine from Laithwaites yesterday and they quoted delivery for Saturday....received a few text massages on the golf course telling me it was being delivered today and there it was on the doorstep when I returned....this was bad news as I had to cook a chilli and therefore open a bottle of wine....well if that’s my biggest problem things aren’t so bad I guess...

That’s all the excitement for the week done now....maybe some more Bundesliga pub football over the weekend....I watched the second half of England vs The Netherlands on ITV yesterday and it was interesting to see just how bad technically so many of our players were in those days...terrible passing was the dominant feature and poor ball control...it was a bit like watching us recently! Still nice to see Gazza (even past his best) Sicknote and Teddy strutting their stuff...
great to hear the golf is standardising itself Harry . ! Very much like Tottenham , we were all ok with the fact we were playing rubbish but getting points , didn’t take long for that to morph into playing rubbish ....... nil point
Watched another Brian Wilson episode “ life on the road “
last night with that gooner that looks like me , Roger Daltrey . They were showing extracts from their defining Woodstock appearance and my wife couldn’t believe how much he was copying my style back then . He is even copying my hairstyle now .,, grey and straggled . Although my scraggly look is a lockdown locks look , he must pay for his to be like mine . This episode was filmed in 2017 , back in the good old days .,
Took my wife out yesterday , first time she has been out out (!) for months . Went to our village , had a walk around , got the car taxed in the post office . She spoke to people !!!!!!! a whole new concept for her ! Went on to a garden centre . Thought it was going to be packed and I would have introduced her to the new world order of queuing . ...... but no ! Walked straight in , hardly anyone around and had a lovely time . Bizarre part was that they were still selling clothes there , who would want to go rummaging around racks of clothes ?
Anyhow , we had a lovely day ,bought lots of bedding plants, hanging baskets , seeds , came home and sat / sunbathed in the garden with prawn sandwiches and beer , wife had Cava , as we continued her birthday theme .
Band practice is getting shorter and shorter and less members . No biscuit tin and wooden spoon . Just happy clappers and my wife on the bell. Frying pan and ladle hasn’t been seen for weeks . Maybe I should make enquiries! We might be clapping be for her ! I’m sure we would know somehow !
hope you are all well and safe . It’s overcast and drizzling this morning which I’m not too unhappy about . Will help the garden if the expected rain develops as promised
Keep safe everyone .

80 , just had a thought , what’s the situation with your double vaginas . Are they still yours . Was wondering how you would be advertising them ? Is there much interest in them ?

Hope your Mum is Ok now . Back home and feeling better .

Was that a stone mason you had banging away , or something -someone completely different ?

just as a matter of interest , what annuals do you grow in Canada . Is it the same as over here , tagettes , lobelia , pinks , dianthus , that sort of plant , or do you have hardier specimens .?

Last edited:
great to hear the golf is standardising itself Harry . ! Very much like Tottenham , we were all ok with the fact we were playing rubbish but getting points , didn’t take long for that to morph into playing rubbish ....... nil point
Watched another Brian Wilson episode “ life on the road “
last night with that gooner that looks like me , Roger Daltrey . They were showing extracts from their defining Woodstock appearance and my wife couldn’t believe how much he was copying my style back then . He is even copying my hairstyle now .,, grey and straggled . Although my scraggly look is a lockdown locks look , he must pay for his to be like mine . This episode was filmed in 2017 , back in the good old days .,
Took my wife out yesterday , first time she has been out out (!) for months . Went to our village , had a walk around , got the car taxed in the post office . She spoke to people !!!!!!! a whole new concept for her ! Went on to a garden centre . Thought it was going to be packed and I would have introduced her to the new world order of queuing . ...... but no ! Walked straight in , hardly anyone around and had a lovely time . Bizarre part was that they were still selling clothes there , who would want to go rummaging around racks of clothes ?
Anyhow , we had a lovely day ,bought lots of bedding plants, hanging baskets , seeds , came home and sat / sunbathed in the garden with prawn sandwiches and beer , wife had Cava , as we continued her birthday theme .
Band practice is getting shorter and shorter and less members . No biscuit tin and wooden spoon . Just happy clappers and my wife on the bell. Frying pan and ladle hasn’t been seen for weeks . Maybe I should make enquiries! We might be clapping be for her ! I’m sure we would know somehow !
hope you are all well and safe . It’s overcast and drizzling this morning which I’m not too unhappy about . Will help the garden if the expected rain develops as promised
Keep safe everyone .
Glad you had a good day yesterday Walt and it must have been great for your wife to be out and about...will lift her spirits even more....

We had Some light rain up here around 4:30 but it has brightened up now although very windy...might risk a garden centre for some jungle ready lavender plants...maybe...well perhaps...

Glad you had a good day yesterday Walt and it must have been great for your wife to be out and about...will lift her spirits even more....

We had Some light rain up here around 4:30 but it has brightened up now although very windy...might risk a garden centre for some jungle ready lavender plants...maybe...well perhaps...
She has had a great two days . She was getting a bit stir crazy, for want of a better expression . Maybe soon she will hear from the hospital about the next steps but obviously she doesn’t want to go anywhere near the place at the moment , she is doing really well though despite having no follow ups from the surgeons of our own doctors . Its still almost impossible , and very undesirable , to go and see our own GP . .
thing is , she is ok , doing really well , almost back to her brilliant best . Thanks mate ,
Love lavenders , don’t need any looking after , don’t need good soil or watering . , just need to cut the flower stems down to the leaves over winter , otherwise they get a bit leggy , but I’m sure you know that . Sounds a good choice H

She has had a great two days . She was getting a bit stir crazy, for want of a better expression . Maybe soon she will hear from the hospital about the next steps but obviously she doesn’t want to go anywhere near the place at the moment , she is doing really well though despite having no follow ups from the surgeons of our own doctors . Its still almost impossible , and very undesirable , to go and see our own GP . .
thing is , she is ok , doing really well , almost back to her brilliant best . Thanks mate ,
Love lavenders , don’t need any looking after , don’t need good soil or watering . , just need to cut the flower stems down to the leaves over winter , otherwise they get a bit leggy , but I’m sure you know that . Sounds a good choice H
Thanks for the tip Walt...no I didn’t know that...they were one of my wife’s favourites, but as she became unable to tend her garden they wilted and ultimately died...so knowing that tip is great...thanks mate.

If you play a round of golf please post your score on here afterwards with analysis of good and bad. How many pars and birdies etc. Its a sport and performance is important, plus we can all have a good laugh at how shit you were .

Morning all, I see Golf is the main get away subject, 1 of my son's in law is a fanatic and invites me to a round constantly, but for the life of me I just do not see the point of it, mind everyone to their one, I will admit it is a very skillful sports but its still a big no for me.

If you play a round of golf please post your score on here afterwards with analysis of good and bad. How many pars and birdies etc. Its a sport and performance is important, plus we can all have a good laugh at how shit you were .
Thanks for the support NRD.....so here’s a challenge for you....standing on the tee on a par 4 338 yard hole, there is a 10 yard wide pond starting at 150 yards from the tee after which the fairway rises 200 ft to the green...there are trees to the right of the fairway and very dense rough to the left but the fairway is very wide at the base of the hill....guess my best and worst scores on this hole and it will tell you all You need to know about my game.

Waste of a good walk , well it is the way Harry plays it I’ve heard!
I always enjoy the walk...when you get to the top of the hill on the hole I described you can see the Welsh Hills, Blackpool Tower on a clear day and the beautiful Cheshire and Staffordshire countryside, before descending your way back to the clubhouse for banter and beer ( in normal times)