Good Morning Thread | Page 52 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Really funny we all love football. In my naivity I think this would be noce if it meant a return to grass roots football at low cost...maybe the end of mega money driven ...back to what we grew up with ..would not bother me...if only.....shame it wont happen...

Good morning all , hope you are well . Short and sweet this morning , No drivel to bore you to tears .
“Happy Birthday to you “ doesn’t sing itself you know .
beautiful day for a birthday . Got to go and get some last minute bits
for the street party ha ha . Stay safe , stay well , keep posting

Given a predicted pandemic of panic buying and big Queues at all the local stores given yet another Bank Holiday on the horizon, I made a special effort to get ahead of the game in relation to bread supplies from our local bakers.

They only allow 2 people in their shop at a time so usually there is a queue outside their shop which results in most of their delicious low-GI bread being sold by the time the back of the queue people get in there, however this morning as I approached there was no queue....just before I arrived at the door some other lanky old git rushed ahead of me and went in...fortunately he was the only other person in the shop so I went in....I asked for the one remaining farmhouse loaf but just as my server was about to take it off the shelf another server claimed it on behalf of the old git (one of the growing number of new old gits in our village due to new housing estates being built around the edges).....I had to buy 2 sausage rolls to compensate.....

I think it’s about time the government forced all these newcomers back to work so us pensioners can get back to our privileged way of life....bah. Humbug...😷😈

Given a predicted pandemic of panic buying and big Queues at all the local stores given yet another Bank Holiday on the horizon, I made a special effort to get ahead of the game in relation to bread supplies from our local bakers.

They only allow 2 people in their shop at a time so usually there is a queue outside their shop which results in most of their delicious low-GI bread being sold by the time the back of the queue people get in there, however this morning as I approached there was no queue....just before I arrived at the door some other lanky old git rushed ahead of me and went in...fortunately he was the only other person in the shop so I went in....I asked for the one remaining farmhouse loaf but just as my server was about to take it off the shelf another server claimed it on behalf of the old git (one of the growing number of new old gits in our village due to new housing estates being built around the edges).....I had to buy 2 sausage rolls to compensate.....

I think it’s about time the government forced all these newcomers back to work so us pensioners can get back to our privileged way of life....bah. Humbug...😷😈

I assume the old git wasn't a pensioner then?!

You have made me very jealous, two weeks into my strict diet I have lost 8lbs, next weigh in is monday, missing fresh cooked bread badly lol, let alone sausage rolls!!

I assume the old git wasn't a pensioner then?!

You have made me very jealous, two weeks into my strict diet I have lost 8lbs, next weigh in is monday, missing fresh cooked bread badly lol, let alone sausage rolls!!
No, he was one of the younger old gits!

Sorry about the bread and rolls...I had the same problem until I reached my target weight and now I find I can treat myself and remain where I want to be but have compensating days to balance things out....anyway 8 lbs in two weeks is excellent progress...well done

How inconsiderate! There's nothing better than a good sausage roll though.

For all you grillers

Butterflied NZ Lamb a la 80

Fresh butterflied leg of lamb per 3 people

Marinate for 24-48 hours in glass pan with

350ml dry sherry
350ml soy sauce
325ml peanut oil
1 ginger root peeled and diced
30-50ml minced garlic

Grill 12 minutes per side on barbecue

Serve with ginned mint sauce

Wild Rice Casserole - 6 people

3 cups of wild rice
1 1/2 cups of hulled sunflower seeds
3 tablespoons of shallots
3 bay leaves
3 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
9 cups of chicken broth
3/4 cup of butter

In a 2 quart casserole cobble all ingredients EXCEPT butter

Dot butter over top of mixed ingredients

Cook covered in oven for 1.5 to 2 hours at 325 degrees.

Interesting WTF story:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52724062

Man makes money buying his own pizza on DoorDash app
WTF ! Reminds me of the time me and my two mates went into a restaurant , years ago, for lunch . The bill came to nine pounds,
each. We all put a tenner in . , gave the waiter two pounds , and he gave us one pound change each .
it wasn’t till later one of us worked out that we all paid nine pounds , three nines are Twenty seven , two pounds went to the waiter which made twenty nine pounds . Where did the other pound go ?

Good Morning all .
my wife had a great lockdown birthday yesterday. I trundled down to Tesco’s early and bought all the gubbins for a cream tea for four , plus champers , . Her Sister brought her Mum down and we smuggled them in the back gate and we gathered unsocially in the garden . They also brought cakes . We had a good old scoff and chinwag . After they went, Daughter and one granddaughter later in the day brought more cake ! . All caked out !
weather was lovely , company was good , just about the best we could have expected really. I think the only guidelines we broke was the fact that I was there in the garden with my wife ! Which I find totally bizarre , no drones flew over so I think we got away with it . Daughter is in the NHS and told of a few stories including the fact that the most dangerous time to go shopping is in the hour just after the stores have opened up just for the nhs workers ! If ever a store is awash with Corona , it is then !
hope you are all safe and well , going to be another good weather day today . Sunbeds will be out , got loads more cake to eat so the birthday is being extended . Diet starts Monday . Funny , it starts most Monday’s . Out for band practice at 8 tonight .
keep posting .

Buongiorno,

the day has a flavour of Italian about it today; I have a no-brainer decision to make, namely the cancellation of our golf trips to Italy and Portugal.

Have a good day., stay safe.
Terrible shame . If you cancel , then you dont get your money back . Have the airline cancelled the flights ? . Are the Hotels still open . ?
I really think it’s madness that anybody can realistically expect a holiday this year .
what also made me laugh was the idea that another bank holiday be introduced in October because we have missed all the spring ones . This must have been a wind up by a ridiculous excuse for a newspaper .