Good Morning Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

After the Mower repair I got roped into creating a garden feature with some log roll border we had in the shed . Involved staking either end and digging out a channel, driving home the wooden stakes and refilling the soil and pressing down. Nearly fecking killed me with this damn Angina I have. Now I'm bolloxed !!!

You sure you should a) be outside and b) doing anything strenuous?!

Sounds like you could at least make the best of it and say to the Mrs .."might be too much of a strain for me..."

You sure you should a) be outside and b) doing anything strenuous?!

Sounds like you could at least make the best of it and say to the Mrs .."might be too much of a strain for me..."

I'm ok now, I set myself targets to achieve. I was going to clear the van out which is a health hazard itself inside. I will do that later. I know my limitations, cant wait to get the treatment whatever that may be but suspect I will have to wait longer with the NHS under pressure.

I'm ok now, I set myself targets to achieve. I was going to clear the van out which is a health hazard itself inside. I will do that later. I know my limitations, cant wait to get the treatment whatever that may be but suspect I will have to wait longer with the NHS under pressure.

Well, I'm not going to preach, but I would suggest you seriously take things easy through this coronavirus emergency because if you did have an episode/attack the general support/intervention you're likely to receive is less than optimal i.e. no intensive care beds or operating theatres/consultants available.

I'm sure you're aware of that but I just wanted to give you a gentle reminder.

Be safe. Be well.

Day 12 without alcohol for me. I've been trying to setup a virtual beer on Friday evening with a few friends. Get everyone to grab some beer / wine at home and join a multi point video call together. Needless to say, I have some very technophobic mates and this feels like a step too far :-)

We are working on that too. There are a couple of apps but to simplify things skype works best.

Morning all, reporting for duty.
# metoo
Hope everyone is well .
RD and Muttley , how are you feeling ?
Nick , are you resting , ?
Stu , not good to peep through letterbox’s mate ! Ha ha !
80 , hows the hangover , ?
Greavsie , how’s the masked raider outfit progressing . ?

lovely day again , off to my allotment for a few hours , dodging the plastic police on bikes !
what is it all coming to ?

Morning all.

Just Weetabix this morning.

Glorious Sunny morning.

A young 21-year-old girl died yesterday in Bucks (no known health conditions), my daughter knew her and seems to have really been hit hard by it.

A terrible tragedy, but for my daughter, a real hard-hitting lesson.

The covid app, I put up here you should all download suggests already that 1:10 of us have symptoms (if you haven't downloaded it, please do!)

That's around 6.5 million people infected, although this too could be a very low estimate.

Stay fit, stay well and keep smiling.

# metoo
Hope everyone is well .

lovely day again , off to my allotment for a few hours , dodging the plastic police on bikes !

Well my skin is lovely and smooth now

# metoo
Hope everyone is well .

As suspected the letter came from the NHS this morning. My already put back from Feb to April appointment for my Angina has been put back to September. I have no choice but to rest a lot, walking or any activity does me in.
I have some jobs to do today, might take my dog out, I say my dog , she dont like the wife much, she is with me out of choice. If we leave her at home when we go out , when we get back she runs straight past the wife and goes mad around me wagging her tail and jumping all over me. We laugh about it but I can tell the wife is hurting. Ha, ha, ha !!!

# metoo
Hope everyone is well .

I'm doing OK thanks. I've still got a very mild cough but it gets a little less every day. I'm desperate for it to go completely now as I've signed up to the government volunteer scheme and just want to get out and about delivering shopping or prescriptions or whatever is required.

In the mean time, back to the gardening :-)

# metoo
Hope everyone is well .

I seem to be over it mate. A good 4 weeks mind. Trying to build my fitness up again. Lost 12LB of muscle. Went from 12% body fat to 15%. So I lost weight but gained fat. :rolleyes:

Amazing how quickly everything goes tits up big Baz.

Not a big Bon Jovi fan but this is what I listen too if I seem to be lacking in motivation at any point:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Morning all, WW. Reporting for duty . Another day in paradise. Did our clapping last night for the NHS . Kept well away though from all the others . All very sensible .
I read that it would be good to display blue lighting as per the various landmarks , or blue bunting , or blue whatever . We didn’t have any of that but I have got a collection of films . My wife said that wasn’t what people were on about !
Keep well . Keep safe . Keep your gloves on . And masks , and goggles . There are going to be some seriously dodgy sun tans this year .

Morning all, what was this clapping thing , we missed it entirely ?

Do you remember a time that you laughed uncontrollably. This was probably my best. I totally lost it.
I was out with a group of friends having a curry one night in a restaurant. There had been a few pints downed already. My mate pointed to a guy all of a sudden....You made me go to the clap doctor !!. The accused came back with .....yeah....only cos you had sex with my sister !!
I just cracked up, nobody did the same, I was banging the table with my fists, crying. I will always remember it. What a great thing laughter is.